IGNORED

Magnolia Pearl: What in the World?

GenerationCedarchip

The home was featured in Country Living 10 years ago - it looked less grimey then. I'm guessing Robin is a woman that just can't help herself and just kept adding shit until she literally could not fit in more shit and thus had to sell

magnoliapearl.com/slideshowcl3html/slideshow/countrylivingss.html

Oh, man, this is like the most busted Top Model shoot ever—which is saying something. Except Tyra would've at least gotten them to smize properly. Fundie tooching!

I think some of their stuff is like a weird amalgam of Steampunk, hand me downs, and the designer's idea of romanticized poverty from the Dustbowl days.

It is very odd and more like costume wear than actual clothing. It doesn't even look remotely comfortable either. I can forgive a lot of fashion don't's if the items look at least like they would be comfortable, but none of that stuff does.

• Upvote 1

Oh my god that house.

26fTB2L.jpg

WapI4k9.jpg

"Everything you see,

and a thousand lovely things you

don't see all convey."

It conveys something, all right. :?

For the record, "convey" is used this way no less than three times in the entry.

You know, I honestly think that if this property got some serious love (fresh paint, top-to-bottom cleaning, new furniture and appliances, couple of visits from the home inspector to make sure the place isn't secretly a death trap, etc.), it could look really nice.

But like this? It's like a haunted house.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's a therapy intervention for obsessive fashionistas. Once you've gone out a few times wearing a gardener's cage for vines, scraps from your great-great-grandmother's threadbare bedsheets, shoes that are held together with twine, a zombie spinster hairdo, and a hung bird, you'll never have to worry about what people think about your appearance again.

• Upvote 1

You know, I honestly think that if this property got some serious love (fresh paint, top-to-bottom cleaning, new furniture and appliances, couple of visits from the home inspector to make sure the place isn't secretly a death trap, etc.), it could look really nice.

I think certain elements are really cool like the Tim ceiling and the shabby-chic looking wood. But it's just too.damn.much. Robin didn't know where and when to stop until it looked like Jigsaw's vacation home.

Hence the Country Living article - the house was still overdone but looked much better 10 years ago.

There's a difference in shabby-chic and grossly lived-in, and I think the former was happening 10 years ago and it swung to the latter as time went on and no real care was afforded the property.

It looks like they knocked down several walls and I hate the fact that the first thing you see upon entering the front door is the side of a fridge. That's tilted. :snooty:

I think certain elements are really cool like the Tim ceiling and the shabby-chic looking wood. But it's just too.damn.much. Robin didn't know where and when to stop until it looked like Jigsaw's vacation home.

Hence the Country Living article - the house was still overdone but looked much better 10 years ago.

I like the style of the screen doors. If they were mine, I'd strip off all the old paint, and then obsess over whether to stain them or repaint them. I don't recall the condition of the screens and the hardware, those probably need TLC as well.

I'm not kidding about the obsess part, It took me weeks to decide what stain and sheen I wanted on our hardwood floors. :lol:

These outfits look like the "designer" goes out at 2 am every weekend, and digs up 200 year old graves and robs the corpses of their clothing, then sells it to idiots.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

I'd really like to know why they sold this place since they put so much time and effort into it. Did they want to start anew? I'd like to see what it looks like under the new owners and I'd also like to see what they've done to their new house.

These outfits look like the "designer" goes out at 2 am every weekend, and digs up 200 year old graves and robs the corpses of their clothing, then sells it to idiots.

Kind of a sexualized zombie look.

I'd really like to know why they sold this place since they put so much time and effort into it. Did they want to start anew? I'd like to see what it looks like under the new owners and I'd also like to see what they've done to their new house.

I'm willing to bet that the owner getting married had something to do with it. Perhaps they wanted a new house to design and build together, rather than just her bachelorette pad?

Kind of a sexualized zombie look.

Oh I don't know about sexualized. There's nothing about those outfits that scream sexy and hubba hubba to me, nor would they make me want to bump uglies with anyone wearing the stuff.

Oh I don't know about sexualized. There's nothing about those outfits that scream sexy and hubba hubba to me, nor would they make me want to bump uglies with anyone wearing the stuff.

To date science still hasn't found out if zombie madness is sexually transmissible or not

House looks to me like the early "after" photos on an episode of Hoarders.

ETAsk: is the MP entrepreneur a fundie? I'm just curious. Heaven (heh) knows, the MP line is worth snarling on any forum!

• Upvote 1

I completely agree. I think that's what the brand is going for, though, with the sheer pee-sheet camisoles backlit so that they're nearly transparent.

It sure ain't my cup of tea.

I'm willing to bet that the owner getting married had something to do with it. Perhaps they wanted a new house to design and build together, rather than just her bachelorette pad?

Can you imagine marrying into...that? Good Lord, I'd convince my partner it's time to sell, too. :shrug:

Can you imagine marrying into...that? Good Lord, I'd convince my partner it's time to sell, too. :shrug:

That's what I was thinking as well, he refused to move into that monstrosity.

That's what I was thinking as well, he refused to move into that monstrosity.

Robin and her future husband started the business together in 2001. The ranch was purchased the same year in his name alone. So, John either appreciates the Magnolia Pearl style, or he just really, really loves Robin. :D

Robin and her future husband started the business together in 2001. The ranch was purchased the same year in his name alone. So, John either appreciates the Magnolia Pearl style, or he just really, really loves Robin. :D

Wow...now that's True LoveTM. If I ever renew my vows, maybe I'll stick in a "I will even live in your batshit crazy, Jigsaw's vacation home until we are old and gray..."

By the looks of the wedding video and the poofy embroidered shirt I think John digs "Derelict" as well