IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 8: Are We Still Talking About This?

happy atheist

Reading that 'ad' makes me sick to my stomach. These people are so freaking sick! Beating your child with a stick does NOT have any of those benefits. They are so fucked in the head!

The term "training" in terms of children pisses me off so much.

I, too, cringe every time I hear them say the word "training"associated with child rearing. They literally view children as "little adults in training". gah! bothers me!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate when people think a toddler or a 10 year old or whatever should act perfect all the time or like an adult. It's not right. Toddlers and 10 year olds are NOT adults!

Did you guys see Famy's tweet last night?  Probably not directed at Joshley, but considering the circumstances she could have been more careful with her words.  

amytweet.jpg

WOW. I wonder what exactly she is meaning there? Are the children beginning to show ill effects, I wonder? You can only spend so much time with your aunts n uncles, without Daddy, before kids start running wild with their imaginations and blaming themselves. :(

Also, the tweet just below that one is quite interesting too. Perhaps a nod of support to Anna?

That really is true.  She's supporting getting away from "the situation" and two hours later discussing "devastation."  Doesnt sound like whatever she was up to was all rainbows and unicorns. 

I'm going to suggest the wild conspiracy theory that Josh has been released from rehab and returned home to Anna. Amy disapproves, and is preemptively sending out these tweets to voice her disapproval before the news of Josh's return becomes public. So that no one will have to wonder, "hmmm I wonder what Amy Duggar not a Duggar King thinks of this development?"

I'm going to suggest the wild conspiracy theory that Josh has been released from rehab and returned home to Anna. Amy disapproves, and is preemptively sending out these tweets to voice her disapproval before the news of Josh's return becomes public. So that no one will have to wonder, "hmmm I wonder what Amy Duggar not a Duggar King thinks of this development?"

There was discussion that the plane was seen in the area of RU... its not out of the realm of belief that smugs has been sprung. 

That may be a good option. One of the reasons I found it hard to bring things up is that their kids are right there in the room with us all the time and I don't think it is very appropriate (and probably counterproductive) to criticize people's ways of raising their kids in front of them. 

I would agree with that when it comes to stuff like bedtime and how much tv they are allowed to watch, or whatever.

But I think there can be nothing better for a child who is being beaten to see other adults horrified and addressing it.  To refuse to address it as a parenting choice is to be complicit, imo, and teaches the kids that how they are being treated is acceptable by others.

I'll gently question a lot of things in life...when I see a person being assaulted the time for gently questioning is over.  Kids are people, we don't assault other people because they aren't behaving how we wish they would.  

I have three kids (young adults now) and I considered it my primary job to protect them from being physically harmed...not inflict the damage myself.

I would agree with that when it comes to stuff like bedtime and how much tv they are allowed to watch, or whatever.

But I think there can be nothing better for a child who is being beaten to see other adults horrified and addressing it.  To refuse to address it as a parenting choice is to be complicit, imo, and teaches the kids that how they are being treated is acceptable by others.

I'll gently question a lot of things in life...when I see a person being assaulted the time for gently questioning is over.  Kids are people, we don't assault other people because they aren't behaving how we wish they would.  

I have three kids (young adults now) and I considered it my primary job to protect them from being physically harmed...not inflict the damage myself.

If they would want to beat their kids in my home I would have to speak up. I realize that. However I would not see them again.

I once was in a church where a very obviously dysfunctional (and cognitively weak) family visited. A kid was misbehaving and was dragged rather violently outside and it was not hard to imagine what would happen there. The pastor however, let the service proceed as normal. I felt so bad about it and confronted the pastor later. I asked him why he did nothing. He said he would certainly bring it up with the dad. However, had he embarresed him in front if the church, he would have lost them and the children would have lost their only link to safety and normalicy and a place where they were accepted and loved.

I wonder if JB would ever ban Amy from coming around because of her passive aggressive  social media posts?

I wonder if JB would ever ban Amy from coming around because of her passive aggressive  social media posts?

I can't figure out why she hasn't already been banned.   Maybe (hopefully?) Deanna still bullies little brother.

I can't figure out why she hasn't already been banned.   Maybe (hopefully?) Deanna still bullies little brother.

Famy is an important character in the Duggar play.  She is the "almost" christian, so close but so damned.  She is the example of why faith alone isnt enough.  Her immodest ways may look "happy" and "fun," and she may proclaim her heart for jesus, but she's WRONG and DOING IT WRONG!!!!11!!!!!1!! She never got her contract or her show.  The long list of men carrying away pieces of her heart... hussie!

She's very close with Joy and boob just cant risk cutting those ties because she's 18 and all.  I also wonder if Famy says some things that the Duggars wish they could say/leak. 

Famy is an important character in the Duggar play.  She is the "almost" christian, so close but so damned.  She is the example of why faith alone isnt enough.  Her immodest ways may look "happy" and "fun," and she may proclaim her heart for jesus, but she's WRONG and DOING IT WRONG!!!!11!!!!!1!! She never got her contract or her show.  The long list of men carrying away pieces of her heart... hussie!

She's very close with Joy and boob just cant risk cutting those ties because she's 18 and all.  I also wonder if Famy says some things that the Duggars wish they could say/leak. 

The Duggars need Amy to show the world they aren't a bunch of judgemental extremists, but rather that they accept people from all walks of life. Even if there are disagreements between them (and I'm sure there are), I don't think they would cut her off unless she did something beyond the pale, like run off with a woman or something. I also agree that JB isn't reading her tweets, since he's not allowed on the internet without a chaperone.

I suppose that's true, especially about Joy.  But it seems some of the stuff she's said about them recently would send Jim Bob into a blind rage.  And then there was that boob-elicious wedding dress for all the teen howlers to gaze upon.

I'm not sure if anybody has posted this yet, but...
www.inquisitr.com/2571291/duggar-family-forced-to-remove-josh-from-illinois-facility/

It's tabloid coverage, so they could simply be trolling us, but interesting nonetheless.

We dont know for sure that he was ever there, let alone that he left under "emergency" circumstances.  Its interesting about the plane going to Texas the next day, though.  You'd think that they would have kept him home for Thanksgiving/meet the baby. 

If they would want to beat their kids in my home I would have to speak up. I realize that. However I would not see them again.

I once was in a church where a very obviously dysfunctional (and cognitively weak) family visited. A kid was misbehaving and was dragged rather violently outside and it was not hard to imagine what would happen there. The pastor however, let the service proceed as normal. I felt so bad about it and confronted the pastor later. I asked him why he did nothing. He said he would certainly bring it up with the dad. However, had he embarresed him in front if the church, he would have lost them and the children would have lost their only link to safety and normalicy and a place where they were accepted and loved.

But that's the thing. The kid WASN'T safe there. A large group of adults silently watched him being dragged outside to get hit. What's safe about that?

It would have been far better if some adults stood up and told the dad to stop. Even if the family left the church, the child would always have that memory of being protected. How does it help the kid to have the pastor have a quiet word with the dad (that the child will likely never know about). The dad might still leave the church, or might change his ways a little (waiting till he got home to hit the kid), but nothing substantial will have changed.

I'm not sure if anybody has posted this yet, but...
www.inquisitr.com/2571291/duggar-family-forced-to-remove-josh-from-illinois-facility/

It's tabloid coverage, so they could simply be trolling us, but interesting nonetheless.

A source did confirm to ET that Josh was at the Rockford rehab on August 30.  I think he might have had a mental breakdown and that's why they risked that kind of weather to get him out of there.  

He never wanted to be there.  He was caught and the family forced him to go.  That schedule at the rehab is worse than what prisoners are required to do.  

Plus, the rehab answered a lot of questions about why people leave the program.

The question now is where is Josh today?

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived