IGNORED

I goofed and watched war room. 2 hours of my life lost.

doggie

This morning there was an article on WRAL (Raleigh local news) about how this second highest grossing movie was filmed in Charlotte. I snorted when I read,

"We think God is working in Charlotte," said Stephen Kendrick, the faith-based film's producer and co-writer with brother Alex, its director. "There's a kindness that's in the city. And there's a unity among the churches: We had 85 churches rise up and support us in the making of the film."

Riiight. God is working in Charlotte. I guess he doesn't bother working in other cities? Charlotte is really special to him? That's probably because Charlotte is the most liberal city in NC. And by the way, the language used "churches rise up" "war room" and "weapon" are pretty telling. This is American Taliban-style language.

Wonder what the church support looked like. Extras working for free? Catering to the set? Money? Free advertising? Preaching from the pulpit: Go and See this Movie!!!? Another case of American Evangelism locked in an embrace with profit making because in America if you aren't a capitalist you aren't a true Christian.

i want to see it, however I do not want to go to the theater and pay movie theater ticket prices (even at twilight showing rates) to see it so I shall wait.

My DH, who usually HATES Christian media, actually said he wants to see this film, but he will wait until it shows up on Amazon Prime or Hulu. He will not pay to see it in theaters.

I can't imagine what our recommendations are going to look like after this.

i want to see it, however I do not want to go to the theater and pay movie theater ticket prices (even at twilight showing rates) to see it so I shall wait.

That was the worst part I contributed to its popularity

Read in the newspaper this morning that War Room is 2nd in box office take over the week end, after Straight Outta Compton.

I don't find the premise believable, though. What American is going to clean out a perfectly good closet to make room for a prayer closet?

On the other hand

1. after the Ashley Madison hack, there are a lot of women praying for their marriages, and maybe that's why it's doing so well at the box office

2. this may be the best week Goodwill has ever had!

To the bolded -- I agree! Because then you'll be in your prayer closet (or war room, or Harry Potter's bedroom) and you'll be praying that god will help you find more space within your house to store stuff.

I have sat through sermons with pastors pontificating on the benefits of prayer closets and thought - I live in an apartment - where the heck do I find room for a stupid prayer closet? :cray-cray:

The only War Room that matters to me.

51QA4JC9H4L.jpg

I used to have the biggest crush on George Stephanopolous. I met him, and he's very nice...and short.

And I'd love to shoot the shit with James Carville and kick back a few beers.

yes. If they just show a balanced way to cope with it, instead of making it all about the wife's desperate pleading to the supernatural. A more realistic and honest solution would have been showing the wife taking care of herself and becoming emotionally strong enough to face life alone and with her friends, whether the guy changed or not. Making it about spiritual stuff and pleading with someone to change... that's so powerless.

I'm almost glad I went to that movie, now. I didn't want to go, but certain other family members did, and I went to keep the peace. The others loved it. I found it disturbing -- for the implication that the woman is to blame for problems in the family, and all she has to do is set up a "war room" (i.e. copy scriptures and prayers onto pieces of paper and tape them up on a closet wall, oh, and indicate her commitment by emptying the closet of everything else that might be a "distraction") and pray fervently and consistently, and *poof* (Fairy Godmother waves her Magic Wand) all will be well.

Yes, I'm glad I went to that movie, because my reaction proved to me that my ability for discernment is returning, despite being immersed in the culture for more than two decades. I was afraid I was beyond recovering. Now I have some hope.

I'll wait for the Bible Reloaded (or the Amazing Atheist or Cult of Dusty) to review this. I would rather clean up one of Junior's hairballs than watch this kind of movie.

Oh, I am a Tits2 Woman. I discovered the Maxwell's thanks to Free Jinger. :soda:

I'll wait for the Bible Reloaded (or the Amazing Atheist or Cult of Dusty) to review this. I would rather clean up one of Junior's hairballs than watch this kind of movie.

Oh, I am a Tits2 Woman. I discovered the Maxwell's thanks to Free Jinger. :soda:

some people are just cowards at heart :animals-dogrun: :laughing-rolling: away.

In the latest news of things that really didn't happen, Kirk Cameron put up a new video about how his "kids" created a war room for him out of their playhouse. I kind of really doubt they did this without a lot of prompting and without some help to make sure it looked perfect for the video. First time it rains all those papers are going to get ruined. First heavy gust of wind the class jars are getting blown over. This isn't practical at all and I have a feeling it was just created for the video and will never really be used.

https://www.facebook.com/kirkcameron/vi ... 5/?fref=nf

When it first started and I saw the lights, I was hoping it would be a reminder to spend this Christmas watching Saving Christmas. :lol:

Shares

Comments

Save for later

Is your husband a self-centered jerk? Does he ignore your needs, pay no attention to your adorable daughter, scold you for giving financial help to your troubled sister? Does he have a wandering eye and come dangerously close to committing adultery? Is he embezzling from his job? Well, you should know that it’s all your fault. When you find his behavior upsetting and take him to task you are only protracting the struggle. What you need to do is surrender, go in the closet and pray.

These tactics, say Alex and Stephen Kendrick in their latest “faith-based†film War Room, will bring your husband back to you, and cast Satan from your home. If you follow a precise prayer regimen (which remains vague in the film but all spelled out in supplemental materials available for purchase on the Kendricks’ website) there is no reason to believe that your husband won’t transform back into the man you fell for.

All Elizabeth needs to do is not get angry at him – basically accept that he is a thief – and like magic all of his bad traits quickly disappear.

One can always keep praying that the next of these films will be a little better.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/au ... ristianity

Archived