IGNORED

I goofed and watched war room. 2 hours of my life lost.

doggie

I should have checked better but I don’t always watch previews or I wanted another movie and went t this one. well it was a christian movie about a woman who’s husband is about to cheat on her. a old lady who house she is selling brings back in to god and she prays to get her hubby back. just as he was going to cheat on her right after she broke down in front of god he got sick and could not go farther then of course he prays too and they are all good. it was a bit funny with her stinky feet and all but it was also she was going to pray to fix her hubby and we all know how well that works out. but god smiled me I got something in my eye wen I cam out and suffered with ti for a hour or so. plus a guy who was supposed to show up at 9 to help me tear something apart did not show up till I was in the movies but did al let work for me so it cost more then planned. so I guess god was giving me the old lady was with the woman when this silly guy tried to rob them and the old lady chased him away with jesus and of course no bad words. Plus we can't forget the prayer closets in the movie.

It's from the makers of courageous and fireproof. I saw a trailer the other day.

sometimes I skip previews because they don't really show you much. but sometimes I forget the name of the movie I planned to watch. I snuck out as soon as it was over and got smiled in my eye for my blasphemy.

Ha, I don't remember what I was watching, it might have been the local news, and they did a little snippet on movies opening soon, with this one being last. I saw the older woman flip on the light in that prayer closet room and thought, "Oh. Hell. No."

Can I recommend you look for an documentary "The War Room" that follows James Carville and George Stephanopoulos during the 1992 election. Fair warning, you will see Bill Clinton's pasty white thighs in shorts that were not inappropriate at the time. But it will definitely help you forget the other movie.

Ha, I don't remember what I was watching, it might have been the local news, and they did a little snippet on movies opening soon, with this one being last. I saw the older woman flip on the light in that prayer closet room and thought, "Oh. Hell. No."

the lamest part is the main lady is showing the house 9all cleaned out) to a pastor no less. he looks in the closet (empty ) and goes in and out several times. says he can feel the energy(can't remember exactly what he said) in the room and she told him it was a prayer closet. another sign of gods workings like you did to need more of them.

Can I recommend you look for an documentary "The War Room" that follows James Carville and George Stephanopoulos during the 1992 election. Fair warning, you will see Bill Clinton's pasty white thighs in shorts that were not inappropriate at the time. But it will definitely help you forget the other movie.

The 1992 doc is what I thought this thread would be about. I was thinking as I clicked on the thread, "I thought it was a good documentary?"

The 1992 doc is what I thought this thread would be about. I was thinking as I clicked on the thread, "I thought it was a good documentary?"

Same, but I couldn't figure out why it was in the fundie forum :lol:

I should have checked better but I don’t always watch previews or I wanted another movie and went t this one. well it was a christian movie about a woman who’s husband is about to cheat on her. a old lady who house she is selling brings back in to god and she prays to get her hubby back. just as he was going to cheat on her right after she broke down in front of god he got sick and could not go farther then of course he prays too and they are all good. it was a bit funny with her stinky feet and all but it was also she was going to pray to fix her hubby and we all know how well that works out. but god smiled me I got something in my eye wen I cam out and suffered with ti for a hour or so. plus a guy who was supposed to show up at 9 to help me tear something apart did not show up till I was in the movies but did al let work for me so it cost more then planned. so I guess god was giving me the old lady was with the woman when this silly guy tried to rob them and the old lady chased him away with jesus and of course no bad words. Plus we can't forget the prayer closets in the movie.

You could view it as sacrificing yourself for FJ by watching the movie so we could snark on it. 8-)

A prayer closet? Like, for real?

I've already had people recommending it on Facebook. Ugh.

A prayer closet? Like, for real?

I've already had people recommending it on Facebook. Ugh.

the main woman took all her clothes out of a nice closet and made herself one. but it was called a war room not a prayer closet. far more class that. yes I made the sacrifice so you don't have too. the worst part is I spent 7.50 on it that will never be recovered.

I forgot as the credits ran and I snuck out and got smited in the eye people were flocking to churches around a flag pole praying and of course a school room where all the kids heads were bowed and the teacher was leading a prayer.

A post about how wonderful this movie is has also come across my FB.

I wasn't going to go see it anyway, but the decision not to was written in stone when some kind of FB ad came through letting me know that Beth Moore plays the older/wiser woman in the movie. (Beth Moore gets on my last nerve).

It's from the makers of courageous and fireproof. I saw a trailer the other day.

I was maybe 1/3 through Doggie's OP when I thought, is this a Kirk Cameron movie? Then I got to your post and nearly choked on my tea! That production team needs some new ideas.......

Read in the newspaper this morning that War Room is 2nd in box office take over the week end, after Straight Outta Compton.

I don't find the premise believable, though. What American is going to clean out a perfectly good closet to make room for a prayer closet?

On the other hand

1. after the Ashley Madison hack, there are a lot of women praying for their marriages, and maybe that's why it's doing so well at the box office

2. this may be the best week Goodwill has ever had!

I check out movies on my Flickster app. (download it doggie so this never happens again!) and saw this one.

I read the reviews and figured out pretty quickly what it was about.

Apparently it hits the women must submit stuff pretty hard. Some reviewers were surprised at that, and one said she was surprised the producers would turn some audience members off with an anti-feminist message.

Obviously movie reviewers have no clue about fundies and what they're really all about.

We're you drunk when you saw this? I'm assuming you were because I don't see how you'd be able to sit through this entire movie otherwise. It sounds so bad that it's almost funny! Or, it would be funny, if it wasn't the same people who keep throwing Kirk Cameron a bone.

I don't find the premise believable, though. What American is going to clean out a perfectly good closet to make room for a prayer closet?

:laughing-rolling:

I check out movies on my Flickster app. (download it doggie so this never happens again!) and saw this one.

I read the reviews and figured out pretty quickly what it was about.

Apparently it hits the women must submit stuff pretty hard. Some reviewers were surprised at that, and one said she was surprised the producers would turn some audience members off with an anti-feminist message.

Obviously movie reviewers have no clue about fundies and what they're really all about.

yes I noticed that but it was not as bad as I expected. I mean she did not give up her job while her scamming husband was fired. but she could not chew his ass like she wanted either. that really threw him off let me tell you.

According to IMDB it's going to beat Straight Outta Compton this weekend.

The faith-based drama “War Room†rose up and smote “Straight Outta Compton†on Friday, and is on its way to the Labor Day weekend title with an estimated $13.6 million at a subdued North American box office. Director, co-writer, producer and cast member Alex Kendrick’s micro-budgeted paean to the power of prayer will end the three-weekend run at No. 1 of Universal’s N.W.A biopic, which is looking at $11.4 million over the four days after taking in $2.2 million Friday, just behind the $2.3 million taken in by “War Room†for Sony’s Affirm Films. The Gary Gray-directed “Straight Outta Compton†will have taken. »

Guess the fundie churches bought out blocks and sent their congregations to see it.

That's horrifying and sickening all at once. I've read a couple great rants about it via Facebook articles shared by some of my less brainwashed friends, and it sounds like it's just a sick apologetic for browbeating women into staying with, and submitting to, emotionally abusive men. With Jesus candy sprinkled on top. Repulsive.

ETA: And it's being lapped up by my mainstream evangelical friends. Just...I can't. :angry-banghead:

The timing of releasing a movie about a woman whose husband did illegal stuff and tried to cheat on her and got caught, but stayed with him and fixed the situation via the Prayer Closet and shouting at Satan, was kinda... unfortunate given the Ashley Madison hack in general and JoshGate 2.0 in particular.

The jumprope competition was great to watch, and the hotsaurce callback was pretty funny. There was a lot of funny actually.

That's horrifying and sickening all at once. I've read a couple great rants about it via Facebook articles shared by some of my less brainwashed friends, and it sounds like it's just a sick apologetic for browbeating women into staying with, and submitting to, emotionally abusive men. With Jesus candy sprinkled on top. Repulsive.

ETA: And it's being lapped up by my mainstream evangelical friends. Just...I can't. :angry-banghead:

yes. If they just show a balanced way to cope with it, instead of making it all about the wife's desperate pleading to the supernatural. A more realistic and honest solution would have been showing the wife taking care of herself and becoming emotionally strong enough to face life alone and with her friends, whether the guy changed or not. Making it about spiritual stuff and pleading with someone to change... that's so powerless.

my religious friends/family love this movie and i probably should see it to have a valid opinion but i already hate it because i think most of the insanity in the world is caused by religion. And i can't stand sugar sweet movies about wealthier-than-most basics trying to overcome something other people face every day. It is kind of hilarious that Straight Out of Compton and the first? i guess? minority-centered movie from these producers are showing at the same time. :lol:

reason # infinity to skip this movie...

post-10046-14452000808358_thumb.jpg

:lol: thank you

OMG Lori the wisest mentor of them all is singing its praises.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/09/jesus-is-welcomed-at-movie-theater.html?m=1

The only time you hear the name of Jesus in the movie theater in the past many years is when it is followed by a string of profanity. However, I heard War Room was a good movie so I decided to go yesterday. I usually dislike the previews before the real movie. They are full of trash. However, I got there in time to see all of them, since I wanted a good seat.

The best preview was about a movie called Woodlawn. It is about an inspiring true life story of a football coach in a school torn by racism and hatred in the 70s but is healed through a miracle of love and unity. The name of the miracle who brought unity and love to the school was JESUS.

Then War Room began. {Women, don’t wear makeup and bring LOTS of tissue.} Fireproof and Courageous were pretty good but this movie is FABULOUS! The struggling marriage isn’t only the husband's fault in this one, but the wife gets the blame also. A godly, older woman mentors the wife and teaches her how to fight for her marriage the right way with the right weapons. My kind of movie!!! In fact, this was the most powerful movie I have ever seen.

I did notice that the couple in the movie never kissed. I'm wondering if it is due to one or both of them being married and being committed to their marriage vows in real life. {I sure would NEVER want Ken to be kissing another woman for his job!} Also, there is absolutely no immodesty in the movie. The word "submit" is used. The fact of careers conflicting with bearing children and mothers being too busy with their careers are brought up. Hey, this movie is as politically incorrect as I am; no wonder I loved it!

Please go see it and take a friend who is in a difficult marriage. If you are able, pay for her ticket or watch her children so she can go and see it! Take a friend who needs to hear the Gospel. Yes, this is only a movie, but I have witnessed the events that take place in it over and over again in real life!

Seeing previews and a movie that glorify the name of JESUS was so overwhelming to me in this dark hour of our nation. As long as King JESUS is on His throne, there is HOPE! And guess what, He’s NEVER leaving His throne!!!

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14

***Listen to this testimony of a mother who spent a lot of time in her "war room" for her prodigal son who lived a promiscuous homosexual lifestyle, became a drug dealer, was imprisoned and contracted HIV.

The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

James 5:16

Archived