IGNORED

In the Mind of the S.A.H.D.

luckylassie

I feel ultra sympathy for all of the stay-at-home-daughters that are trapped without choice in the fundy life. I mean, those who want a different life but cannot financially or otherwise leave home. They could dream of the big white wedding all their life and then end up with a Smuggar for a husband. Sucky isn't it?

I feel ultra sympathy for all of the stay-at-home-daughters that are trapped without choice in the fundy life. I mean, those who want a different life but cannot financially or otherwise leave home. They could dream of the big white wedding all their life and then end up with a Smuggar for a husband. Sucky isn't it?

I know right. Yesterday I stumbled over a blog by a young girl who wrote a blog post about dreaming about becoming the "perfect" wife. Seriously? It doesn't sound healthy to me. "Every Young Woman dreams of being *The Perfect Wife* riggght? RIGHT !

But, being the perfect wife isn`t something that will happen over night. Some young women think well what can i do to , im only in my teens!?!

Aha the perfect time to Prepare."

What is a perfect wife?

Someone who obsesses over having a super-clean and sterile home?

Someone who is ready for sexual intercourse, any time, any where?

The only dream these girls are allowed to have is to be a sex-slave and house laborer. It's horrible, and should be a crime, to keep teens so sheltered that they have no idea of their rights. Knowing one's legal rights should be a legally-enforcable right.

Elle,

I agree, but that, (at least in the U.S.) would go against our legal rights...see the quandry?

I keep thinking, when I think of these poor girls about Nixon and his "No man is above the law," moment. The cloak of ignorance in which these parents wrap their daughters negates all the work our forefathers/foremothers did. Grrrrrrr.

Most of these girls have conspiracy theorists for parents, and have an irrational fear of all things legal or government drilled into them. Until they can break the mental cycle of dysfunction and bondage, they see their legal rights as being in conflict with their spiritual "calling". Heck, they see plain old common sense as being in conflict with their calling.

Archived