IGNORED

Baby shower for Elissa + What Some Might Call a Vacation!

albanuadh_1

I hate that Sarah gave up summiting La Plata to stay with Steve when he couldn't go on because of his hurt foot.

It was less than a mile to the top and Stevus surely could have waited for the others by himself.

And why is it always Sarah who stays back?

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate that Sarah gave up summiting La Plata to stay with Steve when he couldn't go on because of his hurt foot.

It was less than a mile to the top and Stevus surely could have waited for the others by himself.

She's likely training up to be the stay at home daughter. I can see her being the one who remains unmarried to take care of an elderly Steve and Teri.

New post up. Terms granddaughter really loves balls. Oh. Teri.

:lol: :lol:

Teri writes about playtime with Joshua and Ruthanne: "Grandpa goes on Wednesday (I think that is Joshua’s favorite day!), Mary on Thursday, and me on Monday and Tuesday."

Inquiring minds want to know: WHO GOES ON FRIDAY????

Regular to the regular schedule on scheduling! Anna seems to have plenty to do with Nathan's kids and Sarah doesn't appear to have much to do with any of them.

No birthday post for Mary?

Here, Steve, we'll help you.

It's Mary's birthday! Mary is such a wonderful addition to our family and here today I'll list some qualities, from the family, that we want to be sure to let Mary know we are grateful to the Lord for giving her. We had a meeting and dad and mom thought it would be fun to list out the special qualities that Mary has with the letters of her name! How creative!

Merry (cute, isn't it!? That was mom's)

Aight (that's Jesse's - we're not sure what it means, but he insisted. He said "she aight.")

Respectful (that's dad's - he seemed awfully proud of that one! Good job, Mary!)

Youthful (that's mine!)

Happy birthday Mary!

Love, Sarah (for the rest)

There is a birthday post for Mary. It was posted on her birthday. There is also another describing how they all got up at 3am to go hiking!! What a surprise! :shock:

New post up. Terms granddaughter really loves balls. Oh. Teri.

Ruthanne doesn't seem too keen on playing with Teri and she couldn't look less interested in taking that ball that she supposedly "into".

She is his helpmeet. Basically.

So what happens if the kids are really into it and time's up? Does grandma just suddenly stop playing with them and march off to whatever's next on the schedule? I'd guess she does. The kids might as well learn early that it's not about them, right?

You know, there's a lot to be said about making lists when you've got things that need to get done but it's a whole other thing to schedule every minute of every day. I can't ever imagine the Maxwells just throwing the schedule out the window to be spontaneous. Unless, of course, they actually scheduled "Be spontaneous on Tuesday from 2:15–2:30" or something. How sad.

So what happens if the kids are really into it and time's up? Does grandma just suddenly stop playing with them and march off to whatever's next on the schedule? I'd guess she does.

Oh you know she does. She put 1/2 hour in her post. Not about a 1/2 hour, or awhile, or whatever the rest of us would put.

Also, the fact that NR-Anna puts this on her schedule too (Family Activities-good grief, she's Christopher's tight-assed twin in every way) tells you this is 1/2 hour only

They have made a false idol out if scheduling. They should take it away like the Pepsi or they might have to change their own answer to where they will go when they die.

Ruthanne doesn't seem too keen on playing with Teri and she couldn't look less interested in taking that ball that she supposedly "into".

Good thing it's Teri, then, and not Debi Pearl.

patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2014/03/ttuac-debi-pearl-knows-nothing-about-babysitting.html

Teri, did you really need to tell us what title your playtime is given on Anna's schedule?

We have a scheduled time (Anna Marie called it Family Activity on her schedule) for that each day to keep it consistent.

Good thing it's Teri, then, and not Debi Pearl.

patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2014/03/ttuac-debi-pearl-knows-nothing-about-babysitting.html

If that was my kid I would have taken the switch and ran it straight up her ass.

Oh my God. That is horrible. To switch an 18 mo old baby because he doesn't want to play with a toy. That baby was right to be scared of being separated from his mother-- look what happened! Debi is a monster and a sadist. I am only sorry she has not been sent to prison for her actions.

Hmm, Joshua is wearing a Big Brother t-shirt. I wonder if Anna is knocked up again.

Dunno. There was that post a while ago where the Maxwell girls were doing a cycle thing and Bethany was wearing a "I'm going to be a big sister again" t-shirt and Sarah wrote underneath that it wasn't a pregnancy announcement, but just the shirt Bethany happened to be wearing.

But damn, if NR Anna is knocked up again, she's really going for the "Four under Four" thing. Christina turned 3 recently, and Joshua was born around the same time so he'd be 3 too. I've said it before, but NR Anna is definitely the most fundie-seeming of the wives. She's always wearing some kind of frumper and is busting out the babies rapidly. (I know Nathan and Melanie have had issues, and that Joseph and Elissa are only recently married, but still). Also, I doubt NR Anna would let Ruthanne and Lydia get a bob haircut like Abigail has right now.

They have made a false idol out if scheduling. They should take it away like the Pepsi or they might have to change their own answer to where they will go when they die.

Agree!!

I've always got the feeling Sarah is not that into hiking. I kind of doubt she minded turning back and staying with Steve. On another hiking trip she had to be talked into (maybe guilted or forced by Steve) finishing the climb because she was exhausted.

I noticed how many times in this post she said how steep, hard etc (loose dirt and rocks) this climb was. I think she was glad to not have to complete it.

Being my first grandchild, I was quite determined to win her acceptance

That's some serious talent right there...I didn't know it was possible to be your own grandchild.

I just want to say "thank you" to the Maxwells for providing a comic relief from the Josh Duggar filthiness. A goofy family with adult children hiking in skirts and posing awkwardly, a grandmother scheduling a half an hour to walk around and pull toys, and then the cherry on top--a granddaughter who is "definitely into balls." :lol:

Oh, Maxwells...your arrogance, innocent sexual innuendoes, and boring life are a breath of fresh air! :lol:

That's some serious talent right there...I didn't know it was possible to be your own grandchild.

Very old song explains how it is possible--but not in the Maxwell family.\

[bBvideo 560,340:3ozuc47v]

[/bBvideo]

Regular to the regular schedule on scheduling! Anna seems to have plenty to do with Nathan's kids and Sarah doesn't appear to have much to do with any of them.

I wonder if Sarah is more like her mother-- sort of overwhelmed by kids? Between having to help mother her siblings while Terry dealt with depression and bad backs, she may have had her fill of it. A good reason to take the pictures of the kids with the other aunts, as it keeps them at arms length.

Oh you know she does. She put 1/2 hour in her post. Not about a 1/2 hour, or awhile, or whatever the rest of us would put.

Also, the fact that NR-Anna puts this on her schedule too (Family Activities-good grief, she's Christopher's tight-assed twin in every way) tells you this is 1/2 hour only

The fact that I'm even thinking about this question is disturbing, but...how are travel time and clean-up time scheduled? Does Grandma, or whoever, play with the kids for 1/2 hour less travel time? Does NR-Anna put toys away and align the carpet strands while the adult playmate is travelling?

I just want to say "thank you" to the Maxwells for providing a comic relief from the Josh Duggar filthiness. A goofy family with adult children hiking in skirts and posing awkwardly, a grandmother scheduling a half an hour to walk around and pull toys, and then the cherry on top--a granddaughter who is "definitely into balls." :lol:

Oh, Maxwells...your arrogance, innocent sexual innuendoes, and boring life are a breath of fresh air! :lol:

I'd never ever no seriously never thought of Maxhell as a palate cleanser, but this got me laughing, and it was much needed. Thank you.

Also thanks to the poster for the schematic to "I'm my own grandpa." Love it.

Also thanks to yet another for "aligning the carpet fibers." LOL'ed!

Archived