IGNORED

Candy's Comet - THE SKY IS FALLING!

InkyGirl

Candy has a post up about comet Elenin. She doesn't beleive the scientists that's it's breaking apart.

What her point is- I don't know. Maybe this:

THE SKY IS FALLING!

Candy has a post up about comet Elenin. She doesn't beleive the scientists that's it's breaking apart.

What her point is- I don't know. Maybe this:

THE SKY IS FALLING!

Comet Elenin--this decade's Hale-Bopp (for all the weird-ass speculation), with a bit of Shoemaker-Levy 9 (for the breaking apart part, except that Elenin won't be sucked into a close encounter with Earth, as was the case with Shoemaker-Levy 9 and Jupiter). Except that Hale-Bopp was a fabulous naked-eye comet, and Elenin is not going to be much of anything in a few weeks or sooner.

Here's the latest dirt on Comet Elenin from Sky and Telescope:

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observin ... 08798.html

(By the way, God, if you're listening...I'm still waiting for that naked-eye supernova I've wanted to see since I was eight years old.)

She makes a point of saying those who claim it is breaking it apart are amateurs.

This, from the expert, right?

I'm going to trust the guys who spend their lives studying comets as opposed to Candy. If they say Comet Elenin is breaking up, it is breaking up.

Comet Elenin--this decade's Hale-Bopp (for all the weird-ass speculation), with a bit of Shoemaker-Levy 9 (for the breaking apart part, except that Elenin won't be sucked into a close encounter with Earth, as was the case with Shoemaker-Levy 9 and Jupiter). Except that Hale-Bopp was a fabulous naked-eye comet, and Elenin is not going to be much of anything in a few weeks or sooner.

Here's the latest dirt on Comet Elenin from Sky and Telescope:

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observin ... 08798.html

(By the way, God, if you're listening...I'm still waiting for that naked-eye supernova I've wanted to see since I was eight years old.)

Who says the universe doesn't have a sense of humor.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/ ... supernova/

I'm SO SICK of these people insisting on end-times explanations. This crap ruins or deeply affects the lives of innocent kids, including mine.

I sent her a link to Discovery.com and she said oh LOL I didn't say it was going to hit us.....right. Keep throwing that crap out there Candy girl.

I think some people think this comet will collide with the earth somewhere on or around Dec 21, 2012. That's the next end-of-the-world date - the Mayan calendar ends on that day, apparently. Also, I think some are saying Nostradamus said something about that date also.

I think some people think this comet will collide with the earth somewhere on or around Dec 21, 2012. That's the next end-of-the-world date - the Mayan calendar ends on that day, apparently. Also, I think some are saying Nostradamus said something about that date also.

That 2012 date was mentioned by several people on that TLC special about those who take emergency preparedness to the extreme.

That's my wedding anniversary and I'll be in Las Vegas as always. It better not end. Just saying.....

The Mayan calendar kills me. The Mayan civilization ended...there was no one to make the calendar go on when the civilization ended. It wasn't your average person who created and/or maintained such things. It was people who were rewarded for that job and upper class. As the civilization crumbled, so did the perks. As they struggled to live they kind of gave up on the cosmos.

Mayan's were also total heathens. They sacrificed humans and didn't believe in any one god. Funny how they sucked and were in the dark in that aspect, but their documented calendar is all good and fact and special enough to be reliable predictions for the future.

Would god tell the evil heathens the date of the end of the world yet not give them the rules for the right way to live?

That's my wedding anniversary and I'll be in Las Vegas as always. It better not end. Just saying.....

at least you'll be having fun if it does....

Who says the universe doesn't have a sense of humor.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/ ... supernova/

I knew about SN 2011fe and was hoping it would brighten up enough so that I could borrow the boyfriend's binoculars and see it, but I'd heard that it had hit 12th magnitude and was now dropping, but I see that was wrong and the latest is mag 10.43 and still rising. It has a way to go before it hits 5 (naked eye magnitude).

(For the truly geeky among us: ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/mailarchive/vsnet-recent-sn/2456 << a listing of the observations of SN 2011fe's magnitude.)

But you guys-the above is ALL WRONG, because she now has a video up PROVING IT'S INTACT.

Crap, guess we're all doomed. I mean, those of us who arent' gonna get raptured, at least.

Archived