IGNORED

"19 Kids" Cancelled

Kira

A source in a People article published today says that JB&M don't understand why we aren't all over it too, since they are. Interesting perspective. If it's true, I'd dare say that's something we'd all been speculating around here.

It probably is true. Watching the Kelly interview, JB&M kept repeating the phrase "it was taken care of". They really seemed to think that because it was over with as far as they were concerned that somehow everyone else should just move along too. The enormity of what their precious Josh did to their own daughters and how awful it really looks, just escapes them.

ETA: The family can insist to themselves that it's all done and over with as far as they are concerned, for better or worse. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Who really knows. But they can't insist on how it should look to people on the outside and how they should react to it. This should be an important lesson that what may fly in their own world is not what flies in the world at large. And I think that's part of their dismay over this whole thing. That the whole wide world doesn't see their situation as they do. Nor can they control it which probably is driving JB nuts.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.people.com/article/duggar-cancellation-why-spin-off-wont-work

People article about the possibility of a spin off. My favorite part:

An insider tells PEOPLE that patriarch Jim Bob Duggar was not a fan of the Jill and Jessa spin-off suggestion.

"He absolutely wanted to be back on TV and was never thrilled about the show suddenly shifting focus," the source says of Jim Bob, 50.

An insider tells PEOPLE that patriarch Jim Bob Duggar was not a fan of the Jill and Jessa spin-off suggestion.

"He absolutely wanted to be back on TV and was never thrilled about the show suddenly shifting focus," the source says of Jim Bob, 50.

Quite telling about him, not that I am surprised.

the duggers have not realized that TV will doom them it has already damaged them but they are addicted.

It's the devil they know versus the devil they don't, meaning having to figure another way for income and what to do with themselves.

post-4828-14452000576644_thumb.jpg

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

"What's the point having all these precious miracles from Jesus when we can't parade them around in front of TV cameras? Hmmph. Do we still have the receipts for the howlers?"

Just a note to tell you that the Duggars are in the international press again. There were articles about the Joshgate and there are articles again about the show cancellation.

For example a women magazine sold every week with a swiss sunday newspaper publishes an article telling the sexual scandal, the anti gay positions of the family and the problem of making a reality TV with çhildren: http://www.femina.ch/societe/famille/sc ... s-counting

"What's the the point having all these precious miracles from Jesus when we can't parade them around in front of TV cameras? Hmmph. Do we still have the receipts for the howlers?"

JB is probably like Joe Jackson (father of Michael, La Toya, et al) in that he considers the family a single unit or brand, and that there should be no solo artists. Fortunately for us, the Duggars don't have a Michael (ie someone much more talented than the others) because none of the Duggars are particularly talented to begin with. Jessa and Jill are too dull to carry a series. They have no identity outside of being part of the Duggar brand and have no interests outside of bothering and breeding for Jesus.

JB is probably like Joe Jackson (father of Michael, La Toya, et al) in that he considers the family a single unit or brand, and that there should be no solo artists. Fortunately for us, the Duggars don't have a Michael (ie someone much more talented than the others) because none of the Duggars are particularly talented to begin with. Jessa and Jill are too dull to carry a series. They have no identity outside of being part of the Duggar brand and have no interests outside of bothering and breeding for Jesus.

Yep, there's nothing particularly interesting about Jessa and Jill. They lead pretty boring lives and I doubt they could be persuaded to do anything to jazz things up. Now if they each had their own lives, separate from the family, that wasn't on the birthing/breeding track, then that might be something worth showing. And frankly the scandal has made the family brand toxic and unfortunately Jill and Jessa are tied to the family brand. Neither has their own.

JB has a huge fucking ego. I wouldn't be surprised if he has npd. Noone not even his own kids can outshine King Jim Bob. Maybe he's scared that his daughters will be getting their own check in their own names and then decide to turn against him. That would be fun to watch.

ITA. If they just went about their lives without trying to get attention, they would fade away and their scandals would stay hidden. They are just poking the bear by desperately trying to hold on to fame. I have no doubt that there are other scandals out there, although I am not sure ones as big as child molestation. Anything else is likely fraud or tax evasion, which I can totally see with this family. What I will say is that I never thought Jim Bob and Michelle had the ability to keep all kids as "pure" as they would like one to think. By that I mean I am sure there have been stolen kisses or secret boyfriends/girlfriends. Nothing big to the real world but a scandal in the fundy world.

If Watergate taught us anything it's Follow the money. Boob's desperate desire for money and influence may have lead him down some, shall we say, questionable paths in pursuit of those interests. Oh, to be a forensic accountant.

The People article was not as fawning over the Duggars as usual. It's somewhat shocking because saying Jim Bob was unhappy at the thought of a spinoff is something they wouldn't have done when the show was still on the air. It shows that the TLC ties to the Duggars have been cut, molestation episode aside. Otherwise, they would still be fawning over all eleventy of them.

If Watergate taught us anything it's Follow the money. Boob's desperate desire for money and influence may have lead him down some, shall we say, questionable paths in pursuit of those interests. Oh, to be a forensic accountant.

I would not be surprised at all if there were more hidden scandals, in fact, I would expect it especially in the financial area. And yes, the more the family tries to cling to their fame and keep themselves in the media spotlight the more they risk any hidden stuff coming out. Plus given the way they handled the molestation scandal with the disastrous interviews, let's just say that they are really bad at damage control. So their best bet is to go media dark for a long time but I don't think that JB in particular can stomach that.

I never thought for a second any spin off would happen, but the thought of young Benjermin possibly having control over a TLC show without Boob's input must have driven Jim Bob completely insane.

I'll bet he never marries off another daughter. They'll have to take control of their own lives if they want to have lives.

I never thought for a second any spin off would happen, but the thought of young Benjermin possibly having control over a TLC show without Boob's input must have driven Jim Bob completely insane.

I'll bet he never marries off another daughter. They'll have to take control of their own lives if they want to have lives.

He'll have to, eventually. Otherwise he'll have complete financial responsibility over eleventy adults.

ETA- Is JB so delusional that he doesn't realize that people are actually way more interested in learning about the love lives of the J'Slaves then they are anything to do with him? Not a particularly shrewd business maneuver, and he's only hurting himself.

He'll have to, eventually. Otherwise he'll have complete financial responsibility over eleventy adults.

ETA- Is JB so delusional that he doesn't realize that people are actually way more interested in learning about the love lives of the J'Slaves then they are anything to do with him? Not a particularly shrewd business maneuver, and he's only hurting himself.

Control is more important to him. And he's way better financially situated to control and support eleventy x 2 and counting adults than say a Daddy Arndt is, and Daddy A.'s oldest boy is nearly 35 now.

What I find strange is the fact that Jim Bob might imagine people are watching to see HIM. He thinks he's the heart of the show, for some reason. Did the people who loved the show watch in order to see Jim Bob?? I kinda doubt it. I think a lot of people might have been taken in by Michelle's baby talk and, since she gave birth to the whole crew, they may have thought she was a good mother who organized their lives and made sure her daughters got hands-on practice in raising children, since the daughters would of course someday be mothers themselves. It's not like JB and M could imagine anything else. They might not have seen her as the lazy cow that she is. But people watched because of the kids--not at ALL because of Jim Bob. He's just this boring, awkward guy who never acts natural because he's so aware that he's being filmed.

What if he and Michelle had had two kids and thereafter she'd become unable to conceive because of some medical problem? TLC wouldn't have signed them up for the "Two Kids and Not Counting" show. People wouldn't have given Michelle awards for being a good mother. The hook that kept people watching was the KIDS--and I suspect that the audience thought that Jim Bob is the least interesting family member. He really IS a narcissist, I think. If he thinks people want to see HIM on screen he's completely delusional. He's an awkward, bumbling, odd-looking man and a bully. NO ONE misses Jim Bob.

ETA: I can't imagine American men would see him as a good role model. He's kind of wimpy. He's not a strong character; he doesn't do much of anything; he doesn't have any gifts or talents; he hasn't made much of his life or done any good in the world because he's just been riding through life on a TLC paycheck. He isn't interesting, he's got no sense of humor, and just having lots of children isn't an accomplishment when you can't launch them into their own lives or even keep track of them. He's a big nothing. And he thinks people would want to see HIM on their screens? WHY?

I think he will want to keep marrying off all of his kids, sons and daughters, if anything just to prove that he's still successful, their way is still the right way, and people still love their family enough to want to marry into it. I don't think he'll keep his daughters hostage because I think he gets validation from each and every Duggar wedding and grandbaby. The Empire of Jim Bob must expand!

Yep, there's nothing particularly interesting about Jessa and Jill. They lead pretty boring lives and I doubt they could be persuaded to do anything to jazz things up. Now if they each had their own lives, separate from the family, that wasn't on the birthing/breeding track, then that might be something worth showing. And frankly the scandal has made the family brand toxic and unfortunately Jill and Jessa are tied to the family brand. Neither has their own.

Jessa and Jill are those girls who have no personality apart from their boyfriends. You know the kind - the ones who have all the personality of a wet cardboard box until man comes along and they can just.... absorb into HIS life and interests. Like where did Jessa's sudden interest in working out and drinking smoothies come from? Not the Church of Tater Tot Casserole.

JB is so gross. What kind of neurotic psychopath wants that much control of their adult children?

Watching a Jill and Jessa spin off would be like watching paint dry. Two young 20-somethings who are part of a religious cult raising small children? Yeah I already did that. From the inside out it was depressing and boring, I can't imagine it's much better from the outside in.

What I find strange is the fact that Jim Bob might imagine people are watching to see HIM. He thinks he's the heart of the show, for some reason. Did the people who loved the show watch in order to see Jim Bob?? I kinda doubt it. I think a lot of people might have been taken in by Michelle's baby talk and, since she gave birth to the whole crew, they may have thought she was a good mother who organized their lives and made sure her daughters got hands-on practice in raising children, since the daughters would of course someday be mothers themselves. It's not like JB and M could imagine anything else. They might not have seen her as the lazy cow that she is. But people watched because of the kids--not at ALL because of Jim Bob. He's just this boring, awkward guy who never acts natural because he's so aware that he's being filmed.

What if he and Michelle had had two kids and thereafter she'd become unable to conceive because of some medical problem? TLC wouldn't have signed them up for the "Two Kids and Not Counting" show. People wouldn't have given Michelle awards for being a good mother. The hook that kept people watching was the KIDS--and I suspect that the audience thought that Jim Bob is the least interesting family member. He really IS a narcissist, I think. If he thinks people want to see HIM on screen he's completely delusional. He's an awkward, bumbling, odd-looking man and a bully. NO ONE misses Jim Bob.

ETA: I can't imagine American men would see him as a good role model. He's kind of wimpy. He's not a strong character; he doesn't do much of anything; he doesn't have any gifts or talents; he hasn't made much of his life or done any good in the world because he's just been riding through life on a TLC paycheck. He isn't interesting, he's got no sense of humor, and just having lots of children isn't an accomplishment when you can't launch them into their own lives or even keep track of them. He's a big nothing. And he thinks people would want to see HIM on their screens? WHY?

Because JESUS thinks he's the most important one, remember! The husband/father is the headship!!1!

Seems like he didn't do a very good job of transferring that headship to Derick and Ben, huh. Apparently he still thinks he should be in control.

JB is so gross. What kind of neurotic psychopath wants that much control of their adult children?

Watching a Jill and Jessa spin off would be like watching paint dry. Two young 20-somethings who are part of a religious cult raising small children? Yeah I already did that. From the inside out it was depressing and boring, I can't imagine it's much better from the outside in.

The only way those two could keep ratings would be either by always having their siblings over - essentially 19K&C but without Josh and parents and those two as narrators

Or by showing the crazy stuff they hide - Pearls etc which would get them off air and CPS involved :pink-shock:

Here is the link to the actual "heartbroken over cancellation" article: .people.com/article/duggars-heartbroken-over-tlc-cancellation

I didn't see it posted above.

The comments below the article are INSANE!

Archived