IGNORED

Lisa Pennington is publishing a parenting book?

GenerationCedarchip

From Lisa's FB page this morning (bolding mine):

Sometimes I cry out to God, "I'm just a girl! I'm not capable of doing a good enough job with these kids! I make too many mistakes and I will mess them up!"

Uhhh...yeah...I'd say leaving them stranded with no official documentation is a pretty good start...

From the "Why you Gotta Hate?" post: thepenningtonpoint.com/2015/06/why-ya-gotta-hate/

What if we thought about how it would affect us if we were being treated that way?

Yes, how would you have managed in life without even a birth certificate or other identifying information?

What if we tried to be a part of the solution instead of adding to the problem?

Indeed. When Faith (Alecia) had to resort to leaving home to find help from her grandparents, why didn't you just fill out the documentation she needed? Why does she still have to fight? Why aren't you being and providing the solution?

I guess the points she makes are only relevant when it's her that's feeling hated or hardly done by. :roll:

Lisa has 4 children between the ages of 19 and 24 (25?) and the only one out in the world had to pre-emptively launch herself into orbit.

If you believe your daughters will marry and carry on the family tradition of popping out a bazillion kids, you make every effort to introduce your daughters to like minded families with eligible males. If you assume they will be homeschooling their own brood, you make certain they have access to higher education.

If you believe it is god's plan for your son to marry a woman who will pop out a bazillion kids, you make every effort to educate him on how to be a self supporting head of household, with the expectation that he will meet and marry an appropriate bride in a timely fashion and be able to support her and the kids.

Again, you make sure your kids are well socialized, know how to make friends and have access to an age appropriate pool of friends, some of whom have potential to become a spouse.

If the REAL agenda is that the kids will never launch, you actively deny them the tools (educational, emotional, whatever) they need to be well socialized, self supporting, independent, self-actualizing adults.

The point I'm making is that even within their fundamentalist belief system of marriage and children, they have NOT prepared these kids for marriage and life away from the Pennington nest and have done so by rigidly restricting the lives of their children. So even by their own standards of what a Christian life should be, this is a parenting failure on an epic scale.

Both Lisa and James have college educations and I think it is just criminal that they deny this to their children.

A related or perhaps unrelated addendum: as I've said before, I'm not a psychiatrist and I don't play one on TV, but Lisa has referred to being a bit OCD and noted that some of her children have a bit of OCD quirkiness as well. For some of the kids at least, perhaps Lisa's OCD way of doing things seems perfectly normal and comfortable and the outside (non OCD) world seems more than a little weird and not a comfortable place to be.

• 3 months later...

Just updating to say LP's parenting book came out earlier this month. I'm almost sick to see how it's getting pushed at Family Christian here in my town and on some of the mommy blogs. I noticed our other Christian bookstore has it available to order but it's not in the local store (I'm told the local homeschool co-op complained about the book.)

I checked the reviews on Amazon and saw a few 1-star reviews in the mix. Maybe I detect some FJ-ers? :)

http://www.amazon.com/Mama-Needs-Do-Ove ... 0781412927

• 2 months later...

Wow. I just found her book and this thread. (sorry I'm a bit slow with the snark)

I knew she was full of herself but holy crap.  I am having fits reading through the Amazon "Look Inside!" bits.  This broad really thinks she's the Christian Martha Stewart....who can't cook...but has epic dreams....?  I can't wrap my head around her thought processes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

• 11 months later...

I didn't want to start a new thread. On her FB Lisa is claiming someone hacked into her blog and erased it. 

More like she is getting rid of evidence.

Archived