IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

Before the disaster, Amy tries to get the attention of every music producer on board.

Jordyn and Jennifer accidentally got on a different lifeboat apart from the rest and found happiness in another family. No one noticed them missing until months later from a news report update on survivors, to which Michelle says whatever as long as she has Josie. Jim Bob shrugs and thinks in his egotistical mind"They'll be back".

Grandma is stuck behind at TTH doing laundry.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I definitely thought the title was referring to the Duggars at Dougie's little Titanic soiree :-)

I think Boob and J'chelle would stay in 1st class, and the kids get tossed into a couple steerage rooms. Something like 4 beds in a room. Probably more than the kids have now. Might be an upgrade for the kids.

Boob and Meechelle - Think they have enough time for a quickie to try and have a "Miracle Baby" that was conceived when the ship was going down and they still have time to get off, alas they sink with the ship

Josh- get's Anna and the M kids on the first lifeboat he can find then starts to declare that he should decide who goes and who stays since he is a "leader"

JD- Tries to sweep a woman off her feet by getting her in a lifeboat but falls overboard

Jana- grabs Josie and finds a lifeboat

Jill/Derrick/Izzy - help others get on boats before leaving on the last lifeboat

Jessa/ Ben - Join Josh in choosing who stays and who goes, Jessa has her nose up so high not paying attention, she falls into the ocean and ben tries but fails to save her.

Jinger- grabs Jordyn and Goes to lifeboat with Josiah end up with Jana

Joseph- away at clown college, doesnt even know whats going on... until the survivors catch up with him

Josiah, Is let onto lifeboat because a screaming Jenny wont let him go so he is the last one on the Jana boat

Howlers - try to act macho and stay on the ship

Joy Anna grabs Jackson and Johanna ends up on The lifeboat with Anna, tries to calm her down.

Jackson, Johanna - stick together like glue

The survivors decide to live a normal life and Jana/Jinger are given legal guardianship over their siblings where they live in a big town and open an art therapy studio.

Hm. Well, if it's still 1912, Michelle probably would be long gone, having died in childbirth, if not with J&JD, then definitely by Josie. How many c-sections did she have? So that would reduce the number of Duggars. I can see Josh and Anna being just fine. Josh would proclaim his political importance and Anna would do her best pouty face while holding up her super cute kids.

Boob would pull out his very own second-hand lifeboat and start blowing it up, because God gave him the wisdom to be prepared. He would then realize it had a puncture and have an epiphany about "buy used and save the difference."

• 1 month later...

I'm sad to see part eleventy end :cry:

But "twelvety" doesn't have the same ring to it, you know?

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19312

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19818

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20491

Part 4: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20933

Part 5: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21259

Part 6: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21558

Part 7: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=21962

Part 8: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=22725

Part 9: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=24170

Part 10: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25198

Part 11: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25811

New poster, have been lurking for a while :) The overwhelming sentiment here seems to be that no one thinks there should be a spin-off, and I definitely agree.

Given the victim-blaming material regarding molestation in quiverfull families,

(recoveringgrace.org/2013/04/how-counseling-sexual-abuse-blames-and-shames-survivors/)

I was just thinking about how bizarre this must seem to JB and J'chelle: in a way, they probably hold the victims at least partially responsible for being molested. The information about the scandal becoming public has (for now) taken the show off the air, therefore, the parents and the victims might feel that the victims are partially responsible for it. YET... if rumors are true that TLC is considering a Jill/Derrick Jessa/Ben spin-off, can you imagine how confused JB and J'chelle might be? They might see this as their daughters getting "rewarded" for their "sins"... anyone else think of that / does that line of thinking even make sense?

ETA: I definitely do not blame the victims- none of this was their fault. Just wanted to make that clear since I realized it might not be.

Intesting take on it,

In that case, I suppose they would spin it in their heads as the worldly people not understanding the importance of modesty and how it's the responsibility of a girl to prevent bad thoughts in a man. Thus doing a spin off is an opportunity for the sinful girls to continue redeeming themselves by setting a good example/ministry :cray-cray:

That doesn't make sense in my head either, but I know they don't think like me, so maybe something that circular works for them... :angry-banghead:

Intesting take on it,

In that case, I suppose they would spin it in their heads as the worldly people not understanding the importance of modesty and how it's the responsibility of a girl to prevent bad thoughts in a man. Thus doing a spin off is an opportunity for the sinful girls to continue redeeming themselves by setting a good example/ministry :cray-cray:

That doesn't make sense in my head either, but I know they don't think like me, so maybe something that circular works for them... :angry-banghead:

Oh good grief, I hadn't thought of it that way. I guess this just goes to show that you can justify almost anything if you try to get in their heads and use their logic! :ew:

New poster, have been lurking for a while :) The overwhelming sentiment here seems to be that no one thinks there should be a spin-off, and I definitely agree.

Given the victim-blaming material regarding molestation in quiverfull families,

(recoveringgrace.org/2013/04/how-counseling-sexual-abuse-blames-and-shames-survivors/)

I was just thinking about how bizarre this must seem to JB and J'chelle: in a way, they probably hold the victims at least partially responsible for being molested. The information about the scandal becoming public has (for now) taken the show off the air, therefore, the parents and the victims might feel that the victims are partially responsible for it. YET... if rumors are true that TLC is considering a Jill/Derrick Jessa/Ben spin-off, can you imagine how confused JB and J'chelle might be? They might see this as their daughters getting "rewarded" for their "sins"... anyone else think of that / does that line of thinking even make sense?

ETA: I definitely do not blame the victims- none of this was their fault. Just wanted to make that clear since I realized it might not be.

I got a little sick reading that.

Then I remembered that JB and Jchelle were "in the world" as children and young adults. They didn't get on board the Gothard bus until after the first miscarriage is how I am understanding the family timeline. So they can pretend all day long and twice on Sunday that they don't understand this wicked, wicked world and it's ways, but yeah, they do. Especially JB. I've never understood how Jchelle could have ever signed on with JB to live the Gothard life until I remembered that she probably took the pain with the miscarriage and used Gothard's excuses for why God would've let that happen to them. It's obvious why JB would like it - it's a male-driven paradise. But they know none of what Josh did was any of those 5 girls faults. And I don't think they'd think for a moment the girls getting a spinoff would be a 'reward' for them. JB will just be thinking how to make it work for him. :cry:

I got a little sick reading that.

Then I remembered that JB and Jchelle were "in the world" as children and young adults. They didn't get on board the Gothard bus until after the first miscarriage is how I am understanding the family timeline. So they can pretend all day long and twice on Sunday that they don't understand this wicked, wicked world and it's ways, but yeah, they do. Especially JB. I've never understood how Jchelle could have ever signed on with JB to live the Gothard life until I remembered that she probably took the pain with the miscarriage and used Gothard's excuses for why God would've let that happen to them. It's obvious why JB would like it - it's a male-driven paradise. But they know none of what Josh did was any of those 5 girls faults. And I don't think they'd think for a moment the girls getting a spinoff would be a 'reward' for them. JB will just be thinking how to make it work for him. :cry:

Not to defend Michelle in any way, but I bet JB knew what he had when he married her. A woman that is strong and independent would have never appealed to the likes of JB and his super domineering personality. This is like the Fundie version of "Fifty Shades of Gray" maybe more appropriately called "Fifty Shades of Gothard". JB, like Christian Grey, sought out someone he knew he could control to fulfill his inner desires. It is just a shame that Michelle was so passive and submissive that she let a man control her thoughts, body and soul like he has. As much as Josh was raised to be like JB, the girls were all raised to be like Michelle. Luckily we can see some differences in the girls who have married. Jessa is very much the domineering personality in her marriage (which could be why she seems to butt heads with JB) and Jill, thankfully got with a guy who is not nearly as controlling as her father is (but JB may have orchestrated the marrying of Jill to Derick to still exert some control over Jill since she seems to be the favored daughter and ironically the one who looks most like JB to me). So although I can't exclude blaming Michelle for this debacle and farce, I don't think she went into this marriage and Quiverfull with her eyes wide open. Maybe she had some self esteem issues that made her easy prey.

I tried last night to watch an episode I had saved on my DVR, but I couldn't get through more than 2 minutes of it. It felt wrong watching them. J'chelle's crazy eyes and baby voice just irritated me more than ever and it was just so hard to watch. I was like nauseated watching.

I tried last night to watch an episode I had saved on my DVR, but I couldn't get through more than 2 minutes of it. It felt wrong watching them. J'chelle's crazy eyes and baby voice just irritated me more than ever and it was just so hard to watch. I was like nauseated watching.

I did the same with the Erika Hill episode. I just FF through most of it.

the Fundie version of "Fifty Shades of Gray" maybe more appropriately called "Fifty Shades of Gothard".

You are perhaps more correct than you know. Just take out the bondage and the whips and this is very BDSM. there's something called TPE or total power exchange that resembles very much the Got-hard lifestyle.

Chances are pretty good that TLC won't bring 19KAC and even a spin off might entice a riot. So where do they go from here. I don't think the Willis family will be a cash cow for them. The family seems too normal in an odd way. But a reoccuring theme on other networks have been shows centered in Alaska. Do you think they will give us a Fundie Alaskan family?

You are perhaps more correct than you know. Just take out the bondage and the whips and this is very BDSM. there's something called TPE or total power exchange that resembles very much the Got-hard lifestyle.

Totally off-topic, but I felt like I needed to tell you that I giggle like a 13 year-old boy in Sex Ed class every time someone spells Gothard as "Got-hard." :lol:

I swear I'm an adult!

Totally off-topic, but I felt like I needed to tell you that I giggle like a 13 year-old boy in Sex Ed class every time someone spells Gothard as "Got-hard." :lol:

I swear I'm an adult!

Jim Bob ain't no Christian, but otherwise this is pretty darn spot on.

Chances are pretty good that TLC won't bring 19KAC and even a spin off might entice a riot. So where do they go from here. I don't think the Willis family will be a cash cow for them. The family seems too normal in an odd way. But a reoccuring theme on other networks have been shows centered in Alaska. Do you think they will give us a Fundie Alaskan family?

And I know of one! They're in Alaska and all sing in a family choir thing. She home schools (but then again a lot of people in Alaska do.) and she's either pregnant or just gave birth to baby 15. All the kids still live at home and the eldest is in his early 20s. They're friends of a friend. I'll have to ask her for their website.

Jim Bob ain't no Christian, but otherwise this is pretty darn spot on.

I wonder if Michelle ever has to kneel at JB's feet.

I wonder if Michelle ever has to kneel at JB's feet

:pink-shock: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :whistle: :cracking-up: :worship:

I wonder if Michelle ever has to kneel at JB's feet

:pink-shock: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :whistle: :cracking-up: :worship:

Too bad she didn't kneel more often.

I honestly believe if TLC doesn't keep them on TV one way or another, A&E or other networks will jump at the chance.

I really don't think they will go away quietly. I wish they would.

*eta: I'm trying really hard to ignore all thoughts of Josh & a BJ!

Archived