IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors- Part 3

Coldwinterskies

I was just rewatching the episode in which Josh and Ana have the family over to help them pack for their move to D.C. At one point Josh is giving instructions and Jana is shown standing by with this look on her face that seemed both sad and somewhat dejected as she looked at Josh.

With the current revelations, thinking about that look in hindsight makes me think the look was actually one of "I can't believe you now want to act as if nothing happened."

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone update me on the whole Harbo thing? I can't read all the back threads and I am confused

Also,

Just to put this in perspective.

This is the Duggars in 2002

HI_J0051-240x300.jpg

Did the abuse happen between 2002-2006?

Apologies aren't enough, especially for victims. I admit I haven't read through the other Josh posts because FJ was down for me last night but I have been thinking all night about what apologizing and forgiving might mean in that family and how it might compare to some of my own experiences, which are relayed below and aren't super graphic but could potentially be triggering.

My first stepfather did some inappropriate sexual things to me when I was ten. I finally felt comfortable telling my mom when I was fifteen. The three of us sat down and he said he was sorry, that it was just alcohol that made him do it, and that I could yell at him if I wanted. And he told me that one time when we went to get takeout when I was 11 and he had said "I'm sorry for all the things that have been happening" was an earlier apology and why hadn't that been good enough? Honestly, when I was 11 I had thought he was talking about domestic violence toward my mom.

Anyway, I didn't yell at him. I just sat there and endured what was super awkward and then it was all supposed to be over and done with. And I could see that potentially being similar to what Josh's sisters might have experienced, except that they likely would have been pushed to say that they forgave him and probably weren't given the yelling option.

It's not true forgiveness or even a true apology if people are coerced. I still haven't forgiven the bastars - don't want to and don't need to.I think the whole "you have to forgive or you're always a victim/you can't move forward/ whatever" is a massive line of bullshit. I no longer think about it daily but I am not going to just give the man a pass. I see it as being a super wrong, considering that at the time he didn't, he knew my maternal grandfather had molested me, my mom, and my half-sister (the stepfather's daughter). When I hears the stepfather died, I smiled. It wasn't on purpose. It just happened. Fuck that bastard.

What probably hurt the most, though, and felt like the biggest betrayal was how my mom, who had a creepy molester dad herself, didn't get mad at the stepfather, didn't scream at him, didn't even threaten to leave (even though they were divorced, but that's another story). It felt like a complete betrayal. You love the molester more than me.

I have to wonder how the Duggar sisters feel about their parents and how the situation was handled.

I would love to see someone start a GoFundMe account for the girls (Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Joy), so that they could have control over money that JB couldn't touch and they could use the money to further themselves in their education or even to move or to start a business together.. Something for their future, so they could conquer their dreams, hopes and aspirations instead of being a slave to a husband their entire life. I bet it would be the largest donations that GoFundMe has ever seen. It would also be the perfect revenge against JB and Michelle, if those girls had a means to escape their current reality. Bathe your own kids Michelle, it's high time you got your fat ass off the couch!

You sure do love your Duggars.

I was just rewatching the episode in which Josh and Ana have the family over to help them pack for their move to D.C. At one point Josh is giving instructions and Jana is shown standing by with this look on her face that seemed both sad and somewhat dejected as she looked at Josh.

With the current revelations, thinking about that look in hindsight makes me think the look was actually one of "I can't believe you now want to act as if nothing happened."

Or she could be sad her brother and his family are leaving.

If it is in fact Joy requesting that the record be destroyed to protect her identity, I don't understand why they didn't try to get the record destroyed earlier. Did they forget that there was actual documentation that could be found? Why wait until the record was released and things blew up?

It seems there's no point now that the information is out and everyone is speculating it involves his sister. Why get the record destroyed if people already can guess who it is?

They might have thought it best to let sleeping dogs lie. Or they may not have realized the documents still existed.

The information they probably most want destroyed is the video and audio recordings of the children's interviews which are referenced in the police report. This material has not been released, nor would it ever likely be released to the public, but I'm guessing the Duggars want to take no chances.

WRT the police report, which involved multiple people, being destroyed... is it typical for a minor named in the report to be allowed to request this? Because if so, it seems like the situation would be ripe for coercion by the victim's parents -- as, in fact, may have happened here if JB & Michelle were the ones who had Joy request destruction of the records. It just seems like it would be way too easy to make incidents 'disappear' this way, especially if the parents were somehow involved (as they were here).

gatorxx was a FJ poster back in the day. They posted on a similar thread on FJ Yuku.

It does answer a lot of questions

"People, trust me or not. I know this for a fact. God's honest truth that the molestation happened. It happened to four of his 5 sisters. The oldest daughter was not touched. The second daughter is the one who caught him doing this. There was no rape involved, but molested. I could go into detail, but I won't. Of course, you can find nothing about the charges. The Duggar's want to keep this hid. Wouldn't you? They wouldn't have the things that they do if it had gotten out earlier. That's the way that they make their living and travel at the expenses of others.

Jim Bob and Michelle are very aware of this happening and have chosen to protect Josh over his sisters. The family is to report to DHS every six months and that the girls are in counciling. This is what the courts ordered. Jim Bob and Michelle both tried to lie their way out of this, but it didn't happen. Just ask them, but they will just lie about it."

"In January, the whole family went to Chicago and taped Oprah Winfrey show. Oprah wined and dined them for one week. You know that had to cost some pretty pennies. As you may have noticed, that show never aired and it never will. Oprah was informed that Josh, the oldest son, had been molesting his sisters. Yes, this is the truth. Oprah turned them over to the Arkansas State Police Child Protection Agency and the Washington County Child Protection Agency. They have been investigated to some length. Jim Bob Duggar told the producers of the show that he built a small church out back for his followers. HIS FOLLOWERS. GET REAL. THE MAN IS A FRAUD. In April, they were in court with their story. They have to report to Arkansas Department of Human Services every six months."

I thought about this all night last night, it's really upset me. It makes me wonder if perhaps this might help explain Jessa's cold/unemotional personality?

If it is in fact Joy requesting that the record be destroyed to protect her identity, I don't understand why they didn't try to get the record destroyed earlier. Did they forget that there was actual documentation that could be found? Why wait until the record was released and things blew up?

It seems there's no point now that the information is out and everyone is speculating it involves his sister. Why get the record destroyed if people already can guess who it is?

Jim Bob thinks he's above everyone. He probably thought there was no way that this could come back and bite his "Godly" family in the ass.

It doesn't change what he did. It's too bad that the statute of limitations has run out. They're shouldn't be any for molestation.

Are there any larger/high quality scans of the reports?

I also have no trouble placing the majority of the blame squarely on J&M. Josh was totally fucked and their hypersexuality combined with their denial of sexuality had to have created some real issues for those kids. Josh was 13/4, not 16/7 the way some posters are claiming. He did a bad thing and should have been properly punished and does not deserve to get off scott free now. BUT he was a confused and damaged child who was never given the tools to even understand life outside of Jesus and ATI. He does deserve some level of understanding. The REAL villains are JimBoob and DairyQueen.

Agreed! Josh shouldn't get a pass for his actions but the parents created the pathology in the first place. Appropriate response from the state would've been to send Josh to juvie with counseling and to have removed all the other kids from the home.

Can someone update me on the whole Harbo thing? I can't read all the back threads and I am confused

Also,

HI_J0051-240x300.jpg

This is so sad. Look how small jinger and joy look. Josh is a fucking monster

It does answer a lot of questions

"People, trust me or not. I know this for a fact. God's honest truth that the molestation happened. It happened to four of his 5 sisters. The oldest daughter was not touched. The second daughter is the one who caught him doing this. There was no rape involved, but molested. I could go into detail, but I won't. Of course, you can find nothing about the charges. The Duggar's want to keep this hid. Wouldn't you? They wouldn't have the things that they do if it had gotten out earlier. That's the way that they make their living and travel at the expenses of others.

Jim Bob and Michelle are very aware of this happening and have chosen to protect Josh over his sisters. The family is to report to DHS every six months and that the girls are in counciling. This is what the courts ordered. Jim Bob and Michelle both tried to lie their way out of this, but it didn't happen. Just ask them, but they will just lie about it."

"In January, the whole family went to Chicago and taped Oprah Winfrey show. Oprah wined and dined them for one week. You know that had to cost some pretty pennies. As you may have noticed, that show never aired and it never will. Oprah was informed that Josh, the oldest son, had been molesting his sisters. Yes, this is the truth. Oprah turned them over to the Arkansas State Police Child Protection Agency and the Washington County Child Protection Agency. They have been investigated to some length. Jim Bob Duggar told the producers of the show that he built a small church out back for his followers. HIS FOLLOWERS. GET REAL. THE MAN IS A FRAUD. In April, they were in court with their story. They have to report to Arkansas Department of Human Services every six months."

What doesn't make sense about the bolded statement is that if the oldest daughter wasn't touched but 4 out of 5 were then how did the second daughter catch him doing this? Its just worded a little weird where it seems as if the daughter who caught him was not aware of what was happening until she caught him and if that is the case then was she not molested too?

Also,

HI_J0051-240x300.jpg

The abuse is alleged to have occurred around 2002/2003. . . so right around the time that picture may have been take.

And to answer your question:

Harpo was Oprah's company (I think production company). She had them fly to Chicago so she could interview them for her show. Before the show was aired someone found the letter written about the abuse and someone emailed her company to let them know. Harpo then turned around and informed Arkansas Police about the allegations the same day - we know this because the reports state that initial contact with the family by Police occurred the same day.

So, basically, this whole investigation happened because Harpo employees took the allegations seriously and informed Police. . . and because someone was brave enough to inform them ahead of time.

Because all parties were minors, the report should have never surfaced. I am not buying for one minute that InTouch obtained it through an Open Records Request. The report should have been sealed and only produced subsequent to a court order. And I have a strong suspicion that the party requesting the file destroyed is the unrelated victim.

WRT the police report, which involved multiple people, being destroyed... is it typical for a minor named in the report to be allowed to request this? Because if so, it seems like the situation would be ripe for coercion by the victim's parents -- as, in fact, may have happened here if JB & Michelle were the ones who had Joy request destruction of the records. It just seems like it would be way too easy to make incidents 'disappear' this way, especially if the parents were somehow involved (as they were here).

I am a Texas attorney so while I am not familiar with Arkansas law, I can tell you it is extremely common for a victim to request a file be destroyed. If limitations has passed, only one victim needs to request for the file to be destroyed. The incident did not "disappear" when the report was destroyed, it disappeared three years after the initial report was made and no action was taken (arguably three years after the "stern talking to" or certainly in December of 2009 after the Springdale investigation.)

In short, the only things to gain from the file at this point in time are the victims' names - and they deserve what little anonymity they have at this point. (I wish it were more - but this is all that remains.)

Further, I am a very strong advocate of "it is the victim's story to tell." The only persons who have a right to speak about the counseling the four victims received are the victims themselves. If they completed a term of professional counseling and wish to speak about it today, wonderful - that is their story to tell. Alternatively, if they wish to be silent on this issue for the rest of their life, that is their right.

What doesn't make sense about the bolded statement is that if the oldest daughter wasn't touched but 4 out of 5 were then how did the second daughter catch him doing this? Its just worded a little weird where it seems as if the daughter who caught him was not aware of what was happening until she caught him and if that is the case then was she not molested too?

There were numerous incidents over the course of a year that are alleged to have taken place. I'm guessing what the commenter meant was this:

- Jana, the eldest, was not assaulted.

- Jill, the second eldest, turned Josh in for assaulting someone, quite possibly herself. Its also possible that her assault occurred at a separate time and she informed her parents the first time when Josh assaulted one of her younger sisters.

People had the smug-pology posted yesterday, but it's nowhere to be seen on the mobile site this morning. Normally "Look at This Duggar Eat a Burger!" stays up for a week.

I find it strange this us all coming out now. I think someone read about the sin in the camp then snooped around for information. It wasn't easy getting that record.

And can I just vent to all the fucking people defending his actions. I'm a mother, mentor and foster mother to children of sexual abuse. Telling people to move on, or it happened a long time ago or he repented it doesn't matter god forgives is condoning abuse. I read one comment that said the girls should be lucky it wasn't rape and that they were asleep so they probably won't remember it. Do you gave any fucking idea what abuse does to a child. My daughter whose 19 now was abused 10 years ago. Her abusers played "doctor" with her. When she finally told the same shit the thumpers are writing is the same shit told her when she finally had the courage to speak up. Even 10 years later with therapy she deals with nightmares, bedwetting, flashbacks, triggers, is afraid of the doctor, is afraid her abuser will come get her, and blames herself. She still has that memory of the abuse, after years of repressing it. It doesn't matter if the girls were sleeping, if he was a teen, or if he repented 5 girls had to have their innocence taken from them. 5 girls have to live with this for life even after 12 years. 5 girls have scars that will never fully heal. So all the people defending him and the Duggars are just as guilty as the abuser. Fuck all the thumpers defending this shit!

Also,

HI_J0051-240x300.jpg

It may have, but when the girls were questioned in '06, they conveniently said everything stopped early enough to make it too late to prosecute Josh. (three year statute of limitations) I don't buy that someone who did things such as those done by Josh just stops because he is sent to help a family friend do manual labor. That's punishment, not therapy. So it wouldn't shock me if Josh continued to try to molest the girls for a long time whenever he got the chance. Either way, the girls sound coached in the interviews.

That photo makes me so sad. Jinger is just a little girl and Joy barely more than a baby.

What a sick fuck. Anna, seriously, you have daughters and your number one job is to keep them safe.

I love all the "jesus/god forgave him and so should you!" Cool, once someone produces God or jesus and they make a statement about how it's all good now, I will get on board and forgive too. Til then, I'm going with no!

I also looked for a pic of the kids around 14 Kids and Pg Again, earliest special I recall. They are all so, so young.

I hope that Mama June does sue TLC, not because she has any right to get up on a moral high horse but because she's right about the hypocrisy. I think that it was easy for people to vilify June because she's fits the stereotype of "white trash": obese, had a bunch of kids by different men, Southern accent, a criminal record, etc. Of course "someone like that" would get involved with a child sex offender. But surely the wholesome Duggars would never hid sex abuse, right? They're wholesome Christians who homeschool, don't watch TV, dress modestly, and court. Surely Josh Duggar with his young family couldn't have molested his sisters. Only "those kinds of people" do that. Many people still think that abusers are dirty, scary, low class people, not a good Christian teen. This is what the leghumpers don't want to face.

Archived