IGNORED

Well that was fast... - Kendal

Koala

Kendal is....better today. Not to worry. She's found the solution for all of her problems, and it's called: LESS homeschooling! Because when you homeschool, you are always on your own schedule, and her kid is meeting state standards anyway. :roll: Can't see this getting out of control at all.....

She wraps things up with the following:

"Blessings, like children, are not ethereal and weightless. Sometimes they feel like they come at you like a Kansas hail storm-they might leave a welt! But if you accept your lot and rejoice in your toil, God will give you the kind of overwhelming joy that cannot remember the details. Motherhood is hard work. It is repetitive and often times menial. Accept it. Rejoice in it. This is your toil. Right here. Those are their faces. Enjoy them. The days of your life are supposed to be full of things like this. But joy is not giddy. It is not an emotional rush-it is what happens when you accept your lot and rejoice in your toil. So rejoice in your children. Look them in the eyes and give thanks. You will not even remember the work of all this planting when the harvest of joy overwhelms you." Loving The Little Years

:shock:

Honestly, I just can't imagine thinking of motherhood that way. I have 2 kids, and they are seriously the best thing that ever happened to me. They have been the joy of my life, and raising them has never been "toil". Hard work? Absolutely. But somehow Kendal makes it sound like something to be endured. Almost like if she looks hard enough she might be able to find something good about it. Made me sad.

Kendal is....better today. Not to worry. She's found the solution for all of her problems, and it's called: LESS homeschooling! Because when you homeschool, you are always on your own schedule, and her kid is meeting state standards anyway. :roll: Can't see this getting out of control at all.....

She wraps things up with the following:

"Blessings, like children, are not ethereal and weightless. Sometimes they feel like they come at you like a Kansas hail storm-they might leave a welt! But if you accept your lot and rejoice in your toil, God will give you the kind of overwhelming joy that cannot remember the details. Motherhood is hard work. It is repetitive and often times menial. Accept it. Rejoice in it. This is your toil. Right here. Those are their faces. Enjoy them. The days of your life are supposed to be full of things like this. But joy is not giddy. It is not an emotional rush-it is what happens when you accept your lot and rejoice in your toil. So rejoice in your children. Look them in the eyes and give thanks. You will not even remember the work of all this planting when the harvest of joy overwhelms you." Loving The Little Years

:shock:

Honestly, I just can't imagine thinking of motherhood that way. I have 2 kids, and they are seriously the best thing that ever happened to me. They have been the joy of my life, and raising them has never been "toil". Hard work? Absolutely. But somehow Kendal makes it sound like something to be endured. Almost like if she looks hard enough she might be able to find something good about it. Made me sad.

She is so over the top isn't she.

You wonder who she tries to convince......

Yesterday I really felt sorry for her, we all know what she was going through, she seemed almost human as it were.

This pompous drivel is so annoyingly fake.

Ditto on the use of "toil".... it drives me bonkers that absolutely everything seems to be an ordeal and causes immense suffering. Most people don't like going to work all day, but we do it to pay our bills, among other things; when our children are flu ridden, sick, whining and puking all over us, we don't exactly enjoy the puke filled laundry and the joys of having a whiny kid at home, yet we do it, because we love our kids and want to take care of them. Same with housework, yardwork, laundry, ect...... I don't see any of it as "toiling", or a burden, and I don't suffer because I had 4 loads of laundry today or my kid was unusually cranky. Seems like with these fundie moms everything is a tribulation of biblical proportions, and they must suffer for Jesus.

Of course I don't have 10 kids and a headship either lol

Guest Anonymous
Is she wearing ball-gown from Gone With The Wind as she types her blog?

Actually, she's wearing the curtains Scarlett turned into a dress, but with the curtain rod across her shoulders like Carol Burnett did.

My child is a PITA sometimes and he annoys me sometimes...but yeah in general I am not learning how to be blessed by him. I like and love him in his own right.

And I am always joking when I say he is for sale. I mean no one wants to buy a moody 11 year old boy anyhow.

Guest Anonymous

Poof - there goes what little sympathy I had for her yesterday...toil? Lot in life? She sounds like she's working in a coal mine or something....

My child is a PITA sometimes and he annoys me sometimes...but yeah in general I am not learning how to be blessed by him. I like and love him in his own right.

And I am always joking when I say he is for sale. I mean no one wants to buy a moody 11 year old boy anyhow.

We always said that if J, on of our twins, was kidnapped, it would a Ransom of Red Chief situation. The kidnappers would end up paying us to take him back - lol.

She is so over the top isn't she.

You wonder who she tries to convince......

Yesterday I really felt sorry for her, we all know what she was going through, she seemed almost human as it were.

This pompous drivel is so annoyingly fake.

I too was one feeling worried and concerned about her. My kids are all adults now, I'd welcome some of that toil back. Or maybe it's just my youth I want back ;) In any case her writing is over the top.

Nell

accept your lot and rejoice in your toil. So rejoice in your children.

That is seriously messed up. Yes, some days being a mother is really an uphill battle. Your child works your last nerve and you keep looking at the clock counting down the hours, then the minutes, until bedtime. But thankfully, at least for me, that's once in awhile. I guess the biggest difference between me and this woman is that I believe in free choice. All my life, I have had options. As a child, I could choose activities I liked; was given encouragement to follow avenues that appealed to me; was actively encouraged to think of what I would like to do for a living and go to college if necessary to obtain that goal; given the freedom to marry or not, at any age I so desired. I exercised my options when I chose where to live upon graduation, what jobs to take, who to date, how I spent my money, and especially the option to wait many years before settling down and getting pregnant with my one and only child.

So while being a mother can surely be hard on me at times, it was a choice I made freely and I am thankful each and every day that I was fortunate enough to have this child in my life. It's perhaps 5% toil and 95% just everyday life, with it's variety of demands and stressors that you work through without acting like you're being martyred.

There is a huge difference when you choose your own path, versus being told there is only one path, and you must take it, and what's more, YOU WILL BE JOYFUL over having your life so narrowly defined for you.

She sounds like she finds every single day with her children torture. You know the kids are picking up that mom finds spending time with them "toil" and a "lot in life". They would be better off if she put them in school/daycare, got a job and then looke forward to and enjoyed the time she spent with them. If everyday is a bad day, you need to change something.

That is seriously messed up. Yes, some days being a mother is really an uphill battle. Your child works your last nerve and you keep looking at the clock counting down the hours, then the minutes, until bedtime. But thankfully, at least for me, that's once in awhile. I guess the biggest difference between me and this woman is that I believe in free choice. All my life, I have had options. As a child, I could choose activities I liked; was given encouragement to follow avenues that appealed to me; was actively encouraged to think of what I would like to do for a living and go to college if necessary to obtain that goal; given the freedom to marry or not, at any age I so desired. I exercised my options when I chose where to live upon graduation, what jobs to take, who to date, how I spent my money, and especially the option to wait many years before settling down and getting pregnant with my one and only child.

So while being a mother can surely be hard on me at times, it was a choice I made freely and I am thankful each and every day that I was fortunate enough to have this child in my life. It's perhaps 5% toil and 95% just everyday life, with it's variety of demands and stressors that you work through without acting like you're being martyred.

There is a huge difference when you choose your own path, versus being told there is only one path, and you must take it, and what's more, YOU WILL BE JOYFUL over having your life so narrowly defined for you.

I have to toil to the death of my youngest son to handle. She has no idea how lucky she is.

I am not familiar with Fundie Kendal, but she is a bit off the mark when it comes to describing being a mom. My children are the best thing in my life, always! They are adults now and I am so proud of them, and although they no longer ask for nor need my help, I would drop everything for them.

I'm not likeing this Fundie Kendal much. Not at all.

I am not familiar with Fundie Kendal, but she is a bit off the mark when it comes to describing being a mom. My children are the best thing in my life, always! They are adults now and I am so proud of them, and although they no longer ask for nor need my help, I would drop everything for them.

I'm not likeing this Fundie Kendal much. Not at all.

Here's the thing. I hit a wall yesterday. A big, dark, ugly wall. Everything that had happened in the last six months on top of being an elephant and being pregnant for the past two years caught up with me yesterday. I was exhausted, I didn't like anyone, and honestly, I didn't want to do it anymore. I sobbed, I had a massive panic attack and although I really tried to hide it from my oldest (15 months) I probably scared him to death. My husband didn't even go to work yesterday because he was scared for me. Sleep, a doctor appt for meds and a therapist appointment made, and the realization that I don't have to be supermom every minute of every day -- and that it's okay to ask for help -- made one day later a lot better.

I'm not a Kendal fan but being two months postpartum, I understand where she's coming from in that one day you're not okay and the next seems a little brighter. Hell, she may be wanting to slit her writs by Saturday.

I think she may have PPD, or the beginnings of it, but I doubt that she would ever admit it, or seek help. Which is a shame, for her and for her kids.

But remember you guys, CHILDREN ARE A BLESSING! :/

This is why I have a negative view of her struggles. Lots of us have been there...but she has three kids, regularly bitches about them and then still inists on the babies are a blessing crap and not trusting god with your fertility means you suck.

This is why I have a negative view of her struggles. Lots of us have been there...but she has three kids, regularly bitches about them and then still inists on the babies are a blessing crap and not trusting god with your fertility means you suck.

Exactly. She has kids and hates them and can blatantly hardly handle them or keep them under control.....but two people who have just one kid by choice, can handle the child, and actually love and enjoy being around the child, THEY ARE THE SINNERS AND WILL DIE IN A PIT OF HELL. And she's the more superior one who has a better life. Obviously. *rolls eyes*

Exactly. She has kids and hates them and can blatantly hardly handle them or keep them under control.....but two people who have just one kid by choice, can handle the child, and actually love and enjoy being around the child, THEY ARE THE SINNERS AND WILL DIE IN A PIT OF HELL. And she's the more superior one who has a better life. Obviously. *rolls eyes*

Exactly. And those people who limit their children so they don't view caring for them as "toil" or "a lot in life" obviously don't view children as blessings. While she who keeps having kids she doesn't like, does. I would feel more sorry for her if she would stop the cycle of putting herself in situations where she is miserable and also putting children into a situation where their mother can't stand them.

I don't read Kendall's blog. But I can honestly say I felt like her last year. For the last five years, I homeschooled my children. The first 3 years were great, the fourth year was good but the fifth year, it was awful. Unlike Kendall, I no longer have a belief system that gives me no control over my own life. But I bet a lot of her struggle is with having no control. She doesn't get to control how many children she has, what she does each day, she has no choice over schooling her children.

Putting my children in school this year is the best decision I ever made. I'm enjoying them again and I'm so glad! Homeschooling can be a good choice for families (who choose it) but it was no longer a good choice for our family and I'm so glad that I had the mental/spiritual freedom to say, "No more for me please!"

Archived