IGNORED

Woman sues gay people. All of them, apparently.

louisa05

Phew, what a looney.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her cursive is good, can't snark on that...I can see where someone under 30 may find it hard to read though since cursive isn't taught like it once was...

Her comma usage on the other hand is perplexing...it's like Oprah "commas for everyone! or in this case commas after every 7th word regardless of context!!"

Looks like case filed on April 30th and was dismissed on May 6th, good to know the courts in Nebraska are efficient.

Also I know I'm stereotyping big time but this woman must feel very confident that no one in the LGBT community is of the lynching, kidnapping, assaulting type since her address is all over her suit. Notice she is not suing gangs or the mafia for their sins....

My boyfriend is suggesting we all get together and sue her for being so stupid and ignorant...or her parents for birthing such an ignorant human being.

I'm 22 and I can't read cursive easily. I was taught it in school, too!

She's nuts.

I'm 22 and I can't read cursive easily. I was taught it in school, too!

She's nuts.

I'm in my early 40's, I think the difference on being able to read cursive easily, is not only are a lot of schools not teaching it any more, it is that when I was taught we learned not only how to write in cursive but we had to read cursive passages for reading comprehension exercises. They were written by a variety of people so we could learn to read cursive easily.

I teach and for my students and my daughters friends one thing they LOVE is if I write their name in cursive. I do it all pretty and curly, but it is an effective reward that costs nothing! I can't imagine when I was in elementary school thinking it was such a treat, since my teachers wrote everything in cursive after 1st grade!

But I can testify that this nut job was properly taught cursive...seems like most of her education probably was handwriting and hellfire. :angry-banghead:

Now I'm imagining a Mouse that Roared situation where she actually wins and anyone who listened to Judy Garland in the past year has to chip in $20 to pay the settlement.

I'm sure Jesus would approve.

She wrote that mess out by hand.

This woman clearly needs another hobby - maybe she should take up knitting sweaters for hamsters or something.

Someone once tried to sue Satan, but failed because they couldn't serve process on the defendant to notify him of the lawsuit. :lol:

I just burst out laughing. HOW is this woman going to notify ALL homosexuals? What about the closeted ones? Bisexuals? Bisexuals in opposite-gender relationships? Ex-gays? Who counts, and what body knows who is homosexual in order to notify them?

But I also know that if defendant(s) can't be reached, publication in a newspaper counts as notice. So would she have to take out an ad in all major papers, or does the media buzz around her generate sufficient notice to all homosexuals?

Her cursive is good, can't snark on that...I can see where someone under 30 may find it hard to read though since cursive isn't taught like it once was...

I'm well over 30. It may be me, though, since any hand that is too small or too crowded it is difficult for me to read. Moreover, while I did learn cursive in this alphabet, that was only over a few hours. (I don't write in cursive; I write in block letters.)

Her comma usage on the other hand is perplexing...

I know some people believe they need to use a comma in writing every time they would pause while speaking. (Commas do not work that way.) In this case, however, the comma use doesn't even coincide with where a person would naturally pause while talking.

Also I know I'm stereotyping big time but this woman must feel very confident that no one in the LGBT community is of the lynching, kidnapping, assaulting type since her address is all over her suit. Notice she is not suing gangs or the mafia for their sins....

I agree. She chose a target whom she sees as safe.

My boyfriend is suggesting we all get together and sue her for being so stupid and ignorant...or her parents for birthing such an ignorant human being.

If ignorance were actionable in court, nothing else would ever get done.

Meh, I never had good penmanship. I doth love me some computers. I rarely ever need to write nowadays beyond a signature. It's great. Really though, her handwriting is not the issue beyond the funny bit that she actually hand wrote this. It's the silly lawsuit she is trying to get into court. I needed a good laugh today though and this sure made me laugh. :lol:

Meh, I never had good penmanship. I doth love me some computers. I rarely ever need to write nowadays beyond a signature. It's great. Really though, her handwriting is not the issue beyond the funny bit that she actually hand wrote this. It's the silly lawsuit she is trying to get into court. I needed a good laugh today though and this sure made me laugh. :lol:

It kind of is an issue, in part for the reason you state: She is handing in papers on a lawsuit, against all homosexuals, in pen. She could have typed this out and printed it at the local library (unless she opposes public libraries). The physical appearance of the suit demonstrates a total lack of effort on the part of God's legal counsel. It's funny and dumb.

So dumb.

Being a bisexual woman in a relationship with a transman, I can't help but wonder if I and my partner are gay enough to be defendants in the lawsuit??? :D

I agree. She chose a target whom she sees as safe..

100% correct. It's only a 20 or so minute drive to the farmhouse where Brandon Teena and her companions were murdered. I think things are somewhat better than it was 20 years ago but I guarantee views of the LGBT have not changed dramatically in this area.

I almost forgot this is also the area where the famous case of the 22 year old guy married his 14 year old pregnant girlfriend. He later went to jail for statutory rape, but it was quite controversial as he was intellectually delayed. If you google (sorry I'm on Tapatalk) it is the Matthew and Crystal Koso case.

Her comma usage on the other hand is perplexing...it's like Oprah "commas for everyone! or in this case commas after every 7th word regardless of context!!"

Looks like case filed on April 30th and was dismissed on May 6th, good to know the courts in Nebraska are efficient.

To the bolded, I disagree. It looks like a third-grader's; the slant is inconsistent, the letters wobbly, and it just doesn't flow the way a practised hand does. It's *legible*, yes, but that's about all I can say for it. Then again, maybe it's not so legible and what look to be commas gone awry are actually attempts at flourishes. And I think the "Defendant's" are "Homosexuals / Their Given Name Homosexuals / Their, Alis Gay", which just makes no sense whatsoever. Okay, I take back my legibility comment :lol:

Great! Gay marriage has been ruining my marriage since 2014! Damn those gays and their meddling ways, which have been... oh...uhm...no, actually...

Well, this is embarrassing...

Being a bisexual woman in a relationship with a transman, I can't help but wonder if I and my partner are gay enough to be defendants in the lawsuit??? :D

As a pansexual woman who is currently single and celibate...I'm probably not even on her radar.

To the bolded, I disagree. It looks like a third-grader's; the slant is inconsistent, the letters wobbly, and it just doesn't flow the way a practised hand does. It's *legible*, yes, but that's about all I can say for it. Then again, maybe it's not so legible and what look to be commas gone awry are actually attempts at flourishes. And I think the "Defendant's" are "Homosexuals / Their Given Name Homosexuals / Their, Alis Gay", which just makes no sense whatsoever. Okay, I take back my legibility comment :lol:

It appears to me that she attempted to make her complaint fit into some legal format that she was apparently given.

I imagine with regard to the bolded, for example, that she was told to identify her defendant(s) and specifically instructed to include their given name and any aliases, or something along those lines.

So she dutifully wrote "Defendants -- Homosexuals. Their given name -- Homosexuals. Their alias -- Gay." Which is bizarre enough -- but when you add in her typos and random commas, it became almost indecipherable.

I also think this attempt to use some legal format is why she says "Plaintiff's God" -- as if someone told her "you can't just say "God" because there is no legal definition of who that is. But if you say, in effect, "Plaintiff's definition of God" then at least at some point it can be defined what that is.

Those are just guesses. But in any case, I'm really enjoying this one :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

It appears to me that she attempted to make her complaint fit into some legal format that she was apparently given.

I imagine with regard to the bolded, for example, that she was told to identify her defendant(s) and specifically instructed to include their given name and any aliases, or something along those lines.

So she dutifully wrote "Defendants -- Homosexuals. Their given name -- Homosexuals. Their alias -- Gay." Which is bizarre enough -- but when you add in her typos and random commas, it became almost indecipherable.

I also think this attempt to use some legal format is why she says "Plaintiff's God" -- as if someone told her "you can't just say "God" because there is no legal definition of who that is. But if you say, in effect, "Plaintiff's definition of God" then at least at some point it can be defined what that is.

Those are just guesses. But in any case, I'm really enjoying this one :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

Oooh, that makes sense!

I thought "Plaintiff's God" was just "Plaintiffs: God", as "Defendant's [sic]" also has an apostrophe.

In the link salex posted, the memorandum and order from the judge that the case be dismissed cracks me up. I'm working toward my JD right now and my classmates and I have been sending it around. It's a good read (link 5)! The judge uses case law and federal rules of civil procedure in response to the looniness... I'm dying :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

Jenesis for Genesis.... yeah she read her BIBLE good. I feel sorry for her, I wonder how much mail she's going to get since she wrote her home address on the bottom of her petition. I wonder if she has ever met a gay person and not known they were gay.....I mean hey unicorns aren't on every corner in NE are they?

Jenesis for Genesis.... yeah she read her BIBLE good. I feel sorry for her, I wonder how much mail she's going to get since she wrote her home address on the bottom of her petition. I wonder if she has ever met a gay person and not known they were gay.....I mean hey unicorns aren't on every corner in NE are they?

I'm in Nebraska. I know plenty of gay people. And my nephew goes to college 15 minutes away from this woman and confirms that many gay students frequent her town and he knows of at least one with a job there that may mean the woman interacts with him and does not know it.

I also know a few people in Nebraska who think they don't know anyone who is gay, though. So...yeah.

I grew up in a small town in Nebraska myself, not too terribly far from Auburn. I remember even as a kid there were out and semi-out gays in town. This was the 80's and 90's, so it's not like a super recent thing.

I was just back this past weekend and spent time with my friends, all of whom are either gay, transgendered or are allies to the community. If I had known about the strong crazy nearby I would have suggested a road trip! :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-imgay: :gay-female: :nanner-sex: :banana-rainbow: :auto-camptrailer: :ymca:

I personally think anyone who can make cursive writing legible is doing extremely well. It's something I never could do even though I was forced to use cursive up until about 5th grade, and even then it was still taught formally, but fortunately my teachers stopped requiring it on every single freakin thing.

But then, I'm also the type that never understood cursive in the first place. Why the heck was it invented, when print is (at least for me) so much easier and faster, and also cursive involves learning a whole new alphabet?

I personally think anyone who can make cursive writing legible is doing extremely well. It's something I never could do even though I was forced to use cursive up until about 5th grade, and even then it was still taught formally, but fortunately my teachers stopped requiring it on every single freakin thing.

But then, I'm also the type that never understood cursive in the first place. Why the heck was it invented, when print is (at least for me) so much easier and faster, and also cursive involves learning a whole new alphabet?

If you're using a fountain pen (or, presumably, a dip pen) cursive is much faster and more legible. I use cursive almost exclusively, but my script is quite different from what I was taught in school; my capital letters, especially, are more functional. I think that's one of the things that stood out to me in this woman's writing; her cursive letters look so carefully-formed, like she's not used to writing it. That's not in and of itself something to snark on, but I can't help wondering why she didn't just type (or print!) the damn thing as she doesn't seem comfortable writing cursive.

Archived