IGNORED

Woman sues gay people. All of them, apparently.

louisa05

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it! Another great example to show the world how irrational most homophobes really are. :cray-cray:

Will all the judges of this nation judge God to be a lier [sic]?" Driskell asked.

>>Woman submits frivolous lawsuit with no grounds.

>>Woman can't even be bothered to use spell check.

I'm just waiting for the tantrum when the ACLU won't back her religious liberties.

Anybody find the full transcript of her suit yet?

I was going to look for it, but I remembered the 15 page paper I need to finish by Friday...

If it were on this sort of crap, it would have been done already. :lol:

Link to the letter/lawsuit Ms. Driskell has filed.

ia801502.us.archive.org/2/items/gov.uscourts.ned.69317/gov.uscourts.ned.69317.1.0.pdf

It is handwritten... :cracking-up:

Here is the court records. clicking on #1 under "document" gets the handwritten document.

http://ia601502.us.archive.org/2/items/ ... ocket.html

Off to read this tasty tidbit.

(did i say it is handwritten on notebook paper :dance:

Link to the letter/lawsuit Ms. Driskell has filed.

ia801502.us.archive.org/2/items/gov.uscourts.ned.69317/gov.uscourts.ned.69317.1.0.pdf

It is handwritten... :cracking-up:

Here is the court records. clicking on #1 under "document" gets the handwritten document.

http://ia601502.us.archive.org/2/items/ ... ocket.html

Off to read this tasty tidbit.

(did i say it is handwritten on notebook paper :dance:

Well, I think we can safely assume Ms. Driskell does not do well with change or new ideas, which probably means her computer use is limited. Frankly, I don't think we can rule out that she's sued computers (all of them) in the past or filed a claim against the whole internet.

And then I mean, for 6 pages you probably want some lines. Now, my Great Grandmother wrote me beautiful multi-page letters on unlined paper, but then again she also could spell "liar" and was quite well educated for her generation, so she had quite a bit of practice writing formal documents on unlined paper.

And of course no lawyer or person with sense would waste their time typing this up for her, so it seems like Ms. Driskell just had to make do with professing her bigotry on notebook paper.

Though really, since this is all a bunch of crap, toilet paper would have been FAR more appropriate.

I am just wondering where she got the money to file the Complaint. Here, I believe the filing fee is $435. I doubt she is rolling in money since she had to file her own complaint and obviously did not do any research beforehand. Oh and how is she going to make be homosexuals aware they are being sued? How will she determine who is gay enough to be part of her lawsuit? How far did she make it in school?

I am just wondering where she got the money to file the Complaint. Here, I believe the filing fee is $435. I doubt she is rolling in money since she had to file her own complaint and obviously did not do any research beforehand. Oh and how is she going to make be homosexuals aware they are being sued? How will she determine who is gay enough to be part of her lawsuit? How far did she make it in school?

I just can't help thinking that somewhere someone is doing this :angry-banghead: and saying "WTF, Grandma? Have you lost it completely?" :lol:

Why is she even allowed to do this?

She is a bigoted arsehole. She would be prosecuted in the UK.

Why is she even allowed to do this?

She is a bigoted arsehole. She would be prosecuted in the UK.

Anyone who pays the filing fee can file suit. That does not mean that it won't quickly be thrown out on the basis of "no merit" and likely on her having no legal standing in the matter. Even here in red state Nebraska, no judge is going to indulge her nonsense.

Unfortunately, it will, albeit briefly, waste the court's time.

Sweet, I've never been sued before!

Neither have I. I'm amused.

Can she be prosecuted for filing a frivolous lawsuit?

That is a special kind of crazy right there.

There are a lot of weird, bigoted folks in that area. Auburn is in the general area Brandon Teena lived and was murdered.

My old man used to live in a town nearby. I'll ask if he has ever heard of this nut. Typically this level of crazy is pretty common knowledge for area locals.

So she wants the court to rule on whether or not homosexuality is a sin? Does that include bisexuals? I suppose she thinks all LBGT folk are the same...

Deary me. I'd love to know what happens with this.

Not only is the paper lined but there are already convenient holes punched.

Sylvia Ann Driskell, whose handwriting is as incomprehensible as the suit itselfd, has appointed herself ambassador to the court on behalf of "...Plaintiff's (sic) God, and His, Son, JesusChrist (sic some more)."

She has identified "Homosexuals" as "Defendant's (sic)."

1. Ambassador: I Sylvia Ann Driskell Ambassador for Plaintiff's do set forth on this 30 day of 2015 [no month, apparently] in writing this Petition to the United States District Court of Omaha, Omaha, Nebraska on behalf of the Plaintiff's (sic, sic): God, and His, Son, Jesus Christ (siiiiic).

2. Ambassador: I Sylvia Ann Driskell Ambassador for Plaintiff's God, and His, Son, Jesus Christ: Petition (sic, sic, sic, sic) Your Honor and Court of the United States District Court of Omaha, Omaha, Nebraska, To be heard in the matter of homosexuality. Is Homosexuality a sin, or not a sin (sic).

The document goes on and on, and the whole of it reads in the same way as the excerpt I've quoted above: Barely legible handwriting paired with poor grammar for the purpose of requesting that a secular court determine whether or not homosexuality is "a sin." (She even quotes the Bible - fpr example, in point six.)

Point seven is a complaint concerning how the defendants - the gays - are "boasting" about their civil rights achievements (because apparently "boasting" is actionable in a court).

From what I understand, most people are considered unwise who choose to represent themselves in court - but assuming God is not a competent attorney, I'm sure 'he, and his, son' could do far better than Sylvia Ann Driskell.

Not only is the paper lined but there are already convenient holes punched.

Sylvia Ann Driskell, whose handwriting is as incomprehensible as the suit itselfd, has appointed herself ambassador to the court on behalf of "...Plaintiff's (sic) God, and His, Son, JesusChrist (sic some more)."

She has identified "Homosexuals" as "Defendant's (sic)."

The document goes on and on, and the whole of it reads in the same way as the excerpt I've quoted above: Barely legible handwriting paired with poor grammar for the purpose of requesting that a secular court determine whether or not homosexuality is "a sin." (She even quotes the Bible - fpr example, in point six.)

Point seven is a complaint concerning how the defendants - the gays - are "boasting" about their civil rights achievements (because apparently "boasting" is actionable in a court).

From what I understand, most people are considered unwise who choose to represent themselves in court - but assuming God is not a competent attorney, I'm sure 'he, and his, son' could do far better than Sylvia Ann Driskell.

I actually thought the handwriting was quite legible. That was all she had going for her. But I taught high school for 16 years so my standards for legible writing are probably pretty low.

Someone once tried to sue Satan, but failed because they couldn't serve process on the defendant to notify him of the lawsuit. :lol:

If I were researching crazy fundies, my paper would be done already...

But I'm not, I'm just using them to procrastinate and I have to point this out having finally read the whole crazy document here:

How funny is it that this poor woman seems to think that "in the closet" means literally hiding in one??? :lol:

Thanks for this. I'm feeling anxious about the General Election tomorrow and I needed the giggle.

I had to read the article three times before I realised "Auburn" wasn't referring to her hair colour.

In a report in Canada's National Post today on this suit Drew Hasselback writes:

'The claim was filed on May 1. As of May 6 there is no affidavit of service or notice of appearance on the part of the defendants.'

'Every homosexual on the planet was not available for comment at press time.'

Gotta love that guy.

Nebraska Senator Ernie Chambers tried suing God a few years ago. Glad to see the courts get tied up with these very important cases!

LMAO she thinks gays are literally in a closet? I must have missed that part!

Archived