IGNORED

19KAC Episodes You'd Like to See

tulip

I haven't seen a thread about this and have thought about it a lot myself.

There are several things..

1. An episode where the Duggar girls get their hair cut and all donate it to a nonprofit organization that makes wigs for people with cancer. Then we see how they like having shoulder-length or shorter hair. Jill, especially, could donate a ton!

2. An episode that highlights grocery shopping and meal prep. Give us an insight into how they're really eating these days. Complete with a pop-up that tells us just how many paper, plastic and styrofoam plates etc. the family goes through each year. Bonus if production tells them this staggering number and asks how they feel about that.

3. An episode that shows the school-aged kids working on school. Who teaches them? What are they studying? How much time are they spending? And I'd like a recap of who's graduated and what they're (really) doing now.

4. An episode that shows their daily life rather than life preparing for or returning from a trip, planning a wedding or going on awkward double dates. It's been years since we've seen anything like that. Is there ever structure?

Any other ideas? :popcorn2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to see this but I am very afraid it happened.

One or more of the older daughters finally admitting that she was victimized at JTTH. And TLC's committing on camera to pay for therapy and help for the young woman in question. And the perpetrator finally finding himself charged with a crime and in jail.

And you all know what I am talking about.

Honestly, the only reason I watch shows like 19 KAC, Dance Moms, J&K+8, etc is for the offspring. If TLC wants my views, the show should just follow the kids around as they do their things.

Also, if they focused on one kid per episode, they'd have 23 (if you include grandkids -- 24 when the new m baby is born) episodes showing is the life of a large family without any contrived plot lines. All they'd have to do is follow the kid for a day and highlight them, their personality, their likes and dislikes, etc.

I will clarify, though, these episode shouldnt be like Jill's wedding episode where everyone talks about how great the person is and whatever. They should legitimately show a day (or week) in the life of each kid with very limited talking heads (extremely limited when it comes to TH involving their parents).

I don't want to see this but I am very afraid it happened.

One or more of the older daughters finally admitting that she was victimized at JTTH. And TLC's committing on camera to pay for therapy and help for the young woman in question. And the perpetrator finally finding himself charged with a crime and in jail.

And you all know what I am talking about.

No. I don't want that to happen. First, the media frenzy after that is not something anyone should go through. Being a victim of rape myself, I guarantee that would be be worst thing. Especially with how awful our society treats rape victims. Second, committing on camera that they'd pay for the therapy would likely result in them filming the therapy. That could potentially be even worse. Third, no justice is going to come out of that. It doesn't matter how much public outrage their is.

If a daughter comes forward, it should only be to the police and it should be handled as discretely as possible to protect the victim from further victimization.

I'd like to see the behind the scenes show when they don't know they're on camera.

Exactly- full days of this. I'd like to see what JB and M actually do all day, especially how much time they spend parenting, homemaking and working vs the time spent by their older daughters.

If a daughter comes forward, it should only be to the police and it should be handled as discretely as possible to protect the victim from further victimization.

I'm not advocating re-victimization, either. I'm stating the fact that TLC won't get help for any of these kids unless they're shamed into it.

I'm wondering how much meaningful "help" Honey Boo Boo's family has received, for instance.

Not sure about episodes, but I CANNOT WAIT for the tell-all book that grownup Jennifer writes.

What I really would like to see is for Michelle, Jimbob and all of the adult kids to get really drunk and watch old 19 Kids and Counting episodes. Especially the more snarkable ones. Who will be the Duggar who will get mad and start arguing with their parents about how they were treated as a kid? Who will be sat in a corner crying? Who will throw up when Michelle and Jimbob start drunkenly humping. Which parent will say the worst thing to their kid? Who will be the first to get into a fight?

I want to see the episode where a kid openly questions their parents beliefs. Such as the Duggars at a pro-life rally and one has a lightbulb moment where they realize that they're pro-choice. Or an anti LGBT rally where one realizes the harm that their family's position has.

They encounter a public school field trip at one of their many travels. After meeting them, Johannah and Jennifer beg their parents to enroll them in public school.

Jana, JD, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, or Joy has an unsupervised encounter with the opposite sex. They end up going on a normal date and kissing afterwards.

The girls at Goodwill shopping for pants.

When they're at a Razorbacks game, a kid slips out and goes on a campus tour. Behind JB's back, he/she fills out an application and is accepted.

Michelle actually being a mother. Grandma, Jana, Jinger, Joy, (and possibly Johannah/Jennifer) are all shipped away for a weeklong vacation. During that time, Michelle must prepare meals from scratch, actually homeschool her kids at the appropriate grade level, do the family's laundry (not leave it for the girls upon their return), and keep a clean house. Any Lost Girl that's in danger of becoming a J-Slave will be sent on the trip.

A few more ideas

Jinger takes photography courses at the local community college. She submits her work and soon becomes an assistant wedding photographer. Her first high-profile wedding will be that of Michael(la) Bates and Brandon Keilen. She then becomes an ATI approved wedding photographer and is soon asked to do other photography work (maternity, infant pics, family photos, pets, etc).

Two years down the line her talents are discovered and she relocates to a city to further her career in photography.

Ben and Joy use their athletic abilities to their advantage and enroll and learn how to become certified personal trainers. Their first client (and could be most challenging) is Josh.

Jer/Jed (I mix those 2 up all the time) enrolls in art classes at the community college.

The Howlers responsible for Duggar studios learn from professionals about video production and editing. They then start to pursue video production as a career by interning for TLC and the local TV studio or by accompanying Jinger to weddings and offering videography services.

The Duggars go to the local SPCA and get lessons on animal cruelty and responsible pet ownership

A day in the life of Josh Duggar at FRC. This is when TLC learns more about FRC and what they (and Josh) really stand for. A montage of homophobic remarks will be included.

Josiah escapes and the show follows him around as he adjusts to big city life far away.

A trip to Hawaii or anywhere else on a beach with tons of normal nonfundie people. Take a shot every time nike is said.

The kids go to real school

The kids get state tested

Some of the kids going to real college

The older girls Joy Jinger Jana go far away on a three month vacation then come back wear shorts and tank tops

The duggars go to the middle east

JimChelle being alone with the younger kids for a full week. No help. No buddy system. Just parenting them

The whole family participate in family and individual therapy. For more than one session.

The kids telling their parents and viewers how they really feel about their lifestyle and having so many siblings.

Duggars hang out with sinners.

Duggars try to convince gays, women, women who had abortions, atheist and Catholics how God forgives and still loves them but they must follow his teachings and words.

Just a few I would like to see:

Jim Bob and Michelle react to the news of the Gothard scandal. They vigorously denounce Gothard, forego their trips to Big Sandy until new ATI leadership is in place, and look in to alternate Christian home schooling methods. They ask their children if they ever experienced, saw, or heard first hand of any harassment of Gothard harassing someone.

The Duggars meet and interact with families that have chosen late term abortions due to the child having severe abnormalities that would limit it to having an extremely short, pain-filled life in a vegetative or near vegetative state. In an ironic twist, these families were strongly pro-life before the experience, but now feel that being able to choose is an expression of God's mercy, and are thankful they had the option to limit the baby's pain.

Jeremiah applies and is accepted to Berkeley. He completes a degree in a subject he's passionate about and later pursues a master's/phD at an Ivy League school.

One of the children tells their parents and siblings that it is absurd to go from the NBK club to the horizontal mamba in one day, and says that they will hold hands while courting, frontal hug/kiss, and say good bye to chaperones (at least for brief periods of time) while engaged, and have a small wedding or elope when all is said and done.

This isn't my idea (I forget where I saw it first), but I heartily endorse it: "The Seewalds Meet Actual Holocaust Survivors." I'd also like to see "Ben learns about Catholicism from Catholics."

A Looney Tunes episode. An anvil on Jim Boob's head, J'chelle's uterus being shot out of a slingshot, Smuggar's face being slapped until his mouth faces backwards.

I can dream.

I wish the Duggars could have a genuine exchange with someone who is different from them, which I guess would be almost anyone outside of the Gothardite bubble. Alternately, I wish that someone would call them out on their rudeness.

I also wish someone would confront JB and Michelle about what they would do if a child came out as LGBT, as well as demand clarification about their connection to Gothard.

An episode were all the paper plates, plastic cups and plastic cutlery are collected from the family and spread out on their front lawn.

To see the children study other religions and understand that their religion is not Path for everyone.

Al guests to Duggar weddings are given slips of papers with inspirational sayings like they leave for tips and hand out to public.

My thought tonight before I saw this thread is that Jill has baby on day Jessa/Ben wedding day. I am not a Jessa fan.

One last request for a show would be the fundie, Gothardites have a quest appearance by the Rolling Stones. With mick encouraging the girls to join in and play "sympathy for devil" on their harps. :violin:

I wish the Duggars could have a genuine exchange with someone who is different from them, which I guess would be almost anyone outside of the Gothardite bubble. Alternately, I wish that someone would call them out on their rudeness.

I also wish someone would confront JB and Michelle about what they would do if a child came out as LGBT, as well as demand clarification about their connection to Gothard.

1320764519-michelleduggar.jpgScreen-shot-2014-11-21-at-11.07.31-AM.png

with the expressions above, michelle's answer would be something like this: welll, dad and i would sit down with them and pray for the lord to lay it on their hearts about what paths he wants us to take.

I'd like to see an episode which talks more candidly about what its like to go from hand-holding to full blown S-E-X in a matter of a day! I cannot conceive of it! I'd like to hear from the girls whether feel nervous, or well-prepared and excited, or whether they cried from the pressure of the situation. Think about it.... these guys have never seen their own wife's thigh or shoulder before! Not to be a pervert, but the way they hype it up so much building up to the wedding, your mind can't help but wonder what the hell goes on later that night!! On the one hand it could be incredible, but on the other hand it could be sooo stressful and traumatising.

Archived