IGNORED

If you know anyone who is trapped and looking for a way out

Coldwinterskies

Since I know some of you are ex-fundies who may have friends who are trapped in fundie-dom still, I wanted to make sure you know there is a new charity that is meant to help people who want to escape but are trapped.

"Secular Avenue" is the group and it describes itself as intended to assist people who are unsafe at home due to leaving religion, religious extremism, domestic abuse, or coming out as LGBTQ.

There is more info about the program here: http://www.secularavenue.org

I have no affiliation with the group. Just thought it might be helpful to someone, since so often these culty groups keep people trapped by making sure they have no connections with the outside that can help them leave.

Im so glad that something like this exists, thank you for raising awareness, as I didn't think there was anything to help ex fundies.

Im so glad that something like this exists, thank you for raising awareness, as I didn't think there was anything to help ex fundies.

I did not realize their was something out their either. So glad their is something.

I think it just started recently. I am glad that we now have a place to suggest for help if any of these bloggers' kids ever come to our site asking for help. :)

Thank you for posting this. I'll donate a few dollars every chance I get.

That's generous of you! Since this organization is just getting started (as I understand it) I am sure that every donation helps.

Archived