IGNORED

Trans Teen Jazz Jennings To Star In TLC Show!

FloraDoraDolly

Seriously, TLC dont care about moral values and dont necessarily support certain views. To them its all about the ratings. If they can, they will sell the Duggars or the Bates or a polygamous family or a gay couple, whatever, as long as it sells. The Duggars somehow surivived being on the same channel with Toddlers ad Tiaras as well as Honey Boo Boo. Or when Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss made a baby shower cake for Mackynzie`s gender reveal - Josh didnt care that Buddy makes cakes for gay weddings on his show. Believe me, Duggars will cope with a transgirl having her own show on the same channel as them.

I can imagine how they feel, but they have no input into TLC programming. What I am interested in is how they would react if the press asked them a question regarding this new show as well as other shows on TLC that depict so many things the Duggars are against. But the press rarely gets a chance to question them. The few times I have seen JB interviewed at a political event, he came across as very nervous and inarticulate.

I'm sure they're scandalised and adding it to the pile of 'evidence that shows how persecuted Christians are and how wicked America is becoming.

But who really gives a flying fuck?

Aghast and then all the more certain their own show continues to be needed as a ministry to all us poor bumbling idiots who watch TV.

Apparently they don't even watch their show on cable. I read somewhere that Jessa said they used to get DVDs of the show. Don't know if they still do. But in any case, the kids wouldn't know what other families TLC is promoting.

The most important thing to JB and Michelle is the greenback. More important than baby Jesus, miracle blessings, abortion, sex or Gothard himself.

It's flat out hypocrisy. They will protest abortion and liquor licenses and gay marriage, yet they are happy "working" for TLC. You sometimes see other reality "stars" from TLC at minor awards shows. It make you wonder if they are invited and attend?

I'm waiting for Mr. &/or Mrs. Smuggar or Mr. &/or Mrs. Benessa to go on social media and say something derogatory. If Jazz Jennings freaks them out, they should meet Buck Angel. :whistle:

I watched a documentary about Buck Angel. It was a good movie--very interesting. He seems like a pretty decent person.

I keep checking the One Million Moms Facebook page to see when they'll start on Jazz with their usual histrionics.

ETA--Nevamind. Did a quick Google search and answered my own question.

It's flat out hypocrisy. They will protest abortion and liquor licenses and gay marriage, yet they are happy "working" for TLC. You sometimes see other reality "stars" from TLC at minor awards shows. It make you wonder if they are invited and attend?

I think they are invited, but opt out of attending. A year or two ago, I was looking at Larry Caputo Jr's instagram and there was some kind of event he and Theresa attended with other TLC stars. He was pictured with Kate from Breaking Amish and Honey Boo Boo and June. No sign of Duggars anywhere in those pics. Michelle Duggar gave an interview years ago saying that the family didn't have cable because it would be like having garbage delivered to their home. Well, Michelle the cable and satellite providers are delivering your family's show to other people's homes.

I've said this before, but the Duggars have limited marketability due to their fundie beliefs. They mostly promote the show on morning shows like GMA and Today, and then Dr. Oz or tame cable talk shows like Joy Behar. I was surprised when they went now on Anderson's now cancelled daytime show. We all know the Duggars will never go on Ellen or late night talk shows and Duggar would never do Dancing With The Stars. TLC has to be a bit frustrated with the Duggars. Some people in the entertainment industry aren't going to give the Duggars the time of day by inviting them to awards shows or TCA type events.

I don't actually think the Duggars could have the same attitude toward a trans person as the medium lady (Theresa?). They might find everything the medium stands for offensive and wrong, but they aren't out there actually campaigning for laws that would limit her rights. They're not working with politicians to make selling psychic services illegal or anything else that would harm her or stop her from living the way she chooses.

Michelle made a robocall where she explicitly compared people like Jazz to sexual predators who "dress up like women" to gain access to potential victims. I am honestly not sure how TLC will be able to avoid addressing it in some way. They will have one show talking about acceptance and being true to yourself followed by another featuring a family that financially profits off of discriminatory beliefs toward those people. Trans kids KILL THEMSELVES every day because of people like Michelle Duggar.

There is just no way they can keep marketing the Duggars as cute and harmless if they are choosing to talk about trans issues on their network. TLC got themselves into this discussion, so hopefully they will use it for good. I was really impressed with My Big Fat Fabulous Life - it was super scripted (almost seemed even more scripted than 19 Kids) but I thought the message was great and it still felt much more sincere and authentic.

The bathroom stuff just makes no sense, as by the Duggars' logic she needs to stay in men's bathrooms for the safety of women and children

wCmPHs6m.png

while he should be forced to keep using women's bathrooms.

Wc8W07b.png

(Photos from here.)

The bathroom stuff just makes no sense, as by the Duggars' logic she needs to stay in men's bathrooms for the safety of women and children

Of course, there is no logic to it. What they REALLY mean is that a trans person simply existing bothers them.

There is so much data showing that trans people are much, much more likely to be victims of violent crimes than perpetrators. On top of that, men ("regular," cisgendered men) molest and harass people all the damn time, and we still allow them to use public bathrooms. They could be letting their sons into public bathrooms with child molesters every time they go to a restaurant or an airport and they have no fcking clue. Because you CAN'T TELL JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE.

Why aren't the Duggars out there saying that people with past histories of violent and sexual crimes can't use public bathrooms if they are so worried about kids' safety? Are they actually doing anything about people who really DO commit crimes? Like, oh, Bill Gothard?

Of course, there is no logic to it. What they REALLY mean is that a trans person simply existing bothers them.

There is so much data showing that trans people are much, much more likely to be victims of violent crimes than perpetrators. On top of that, men ("regular," cisgendered men) molest and harass people all the damn time, and we still allow them to use public bathrooms. They could be letting their sons into public bathrooms with child molesters every time they go to a restaurant or an airport and they have no fcking clue. Because you CAN'T TELL JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE.

Why aren't the Duggars out there saying that people with past histories of violent and sexual crimes can't use public bathrooms if they are so worried about kids' safety? Are they actually doing anything about people who really DO commit crimes? Like, oh, Bill Gothard?

There is also the fact that the bathroom stuff is a complete lie and has not happened in any of the states that have trans protections

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/0 ... hro/198533 (not breaking mediamatters they don't care and would like the hits)

How do lawmakers expect to enforce these bathroom rules? I haven't spent a lot of time in men's bathrooms, but don't they have individual stalls like the women's bathrooms (in addition to urinals)? If the guy in the pictures went into a men's stall, I imagine the other men in the bathroom would be none the wiser, whereas if he had to use the women's bathroom, that would cause some concern. "Hi Mr. Policeman, just wanted to let you know there's a big burly dude hanging out in the women's bathroom". Then this poor guy would have to explain himself to the police when all he wanted to do was pee.

Archived