IGNORED

The Ron Paul Homeschool curriculum

DGayle

I just unearthed a shit-nugget.

ronpaulcurriculum.com/

Ron Paul Curriculum: The Story of Liberty, K-12

Here, you and your children can get an education in liberty like no other.

Here, students learn the basics of Western Civilization and Western liberty -- how it was won, how it is being lost, and how it will be restored. (Not can . . . will.)

Students also learn the basics of American history, the United States Constitution, and American geography.

They get two courses on free market economics. They get two courses on government, including a how-to course on reclaiming America, one county at a time.

Students get mathematics, either through calculus or statistics or both.

They get the basics of science: biology, chemistry, and physics.

I invite parents to take courses and participate on forums -- to get the education they never had. Parents do not pay for the individual courses that they purchase for their children.

When completed and online, the curriculum's first six years -- instructional videos and course materials -- will be free. Some parents will decide to join the site, in order to participate in the K-5 forums, but membership is not mandatory. It is supplemental. On the K-5 timetable, click here.

Where to even begin with this....

I don't agree with Ron Paul's political stance on most things, but honestly, whatever he's teaching is probably still more intelligent than what the Duggars are using, even with its obvious bias. At least Ron Paul is actually educated himself.

Of course, he's also an anti-choice OB/GYN, which has always been especially irritating to me...but at least he actually knows a thing or two about science. I doubt Ron Paul would say, take his family to the Creation Museum. :roll: Or at least I really hope not. But man, is this thing legit? Ron Paul let his name be put on this shitty website? It looks like a pretty shoddy, low-budget operation.

ronpaulcurriculum.com/public/department13.cfm

He claims kids who work hard in his textbook-free courses will be able to skip a couple years of college.

The writing is so bad!

I don't agree with Ron Paul's political stance on most things, but honestly, whatever he's teaching is probably still more intelligent than what the Duggars are using, even with its obvious bias. At least Ron Paul is actually educated himself.

Of course, he's also an anti-choice OB/GYN, which has always been especially irritating to me...but at least he actually knows a thing or two about science. I doubt Ron Paul would say, take his family to the Creation Museum. :roll: Or at least I really hope not. But man, is this thing legit? Ron Paul let his name be put on this shitty website? It looks like a pretty shoddy, low-budget operation.

I think the Duggar kids get the same quality of education.

Here is the 2nd through 5h grad curriculum for September.

ronpaulcurriculum.com/public/2255.cfm

This month you will start at the beginning of time with the creation of the world.

I like to read from the Bible, as well as The Child's Story Bible by Catherine Vos when I am teaching biblical history. My family really enjoyed Adam and His Kin, a fictional accout that includes scriptural facts as we are given them in the Bible. Your activities can focus on learning and memorizing the days of creation. Coloring pictures (from the internet), making posters and clay figures are all fun ways to remember God's work of Creation. You can also do activities about Noah's Ark and the Tower of Babel.

On a map, you can show your child the Fertile Crescent where life began on earth. Then show how people began to disperse from that area, particularly after the Tower of Babel. One of the earliest cultures that we can study is Mesopotamia. This is the area of modern day Iraq.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is an original source which tells the story of Gilgamesh, the king of Uruk, who wanted to gain immortality. While the original version is inappropriate for children, The Gilgamesh Trilogy by Ludmila Zeman is a set of picture books which tell the story of Gilgamesh and show images depicting ancient life.

Next month, you will move on to Ancient Egypt.

Skip a couple years of college? You can skip classes, maybe, but unless they're getting college credits it doesn't really work like that. It's not like you default graduate after 4 years of taking classes...you have to complete a base amount of credits plus degree specific requirements.

Ron Paul created this with Gary North. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what would.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... iance.html (not breaking the link because it's lovejoyfeminism)

This curriculum is just :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

I agree with Ron Paul on some issues, but he is not a Libertarian, I don't know why people keep calling him that. No true Libertarian would ever be anti-choice or anti-gay marriage or would propose to impose some religious laws onto anybody. :angry-banghead:

This curriculum is just :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

I agree with Ron Paul on some issues, but he is not a Libertarian, I don't know why people keep calling him that. No true Libertarian would ever be anti-choice or anti-gay marriage or would propose to impose some religious laws onto anybody. :angry-banghead:

I think that religious conservatives who claim to be libertarian envision a world in which the government is very weak and the churches are very strong, which is what they seem to think the US was like before those uppity Negroes and their Civil Rights Movement ruined everything. For Ron Paul and his ilk, Brown v. Board of Education was the beginning of the end for America, since it forced Southern states (and white people, by extension) to do things that they didn't want to do, like desegregate public facilities. I've had debates with conservative whites in which they claimed that their "right to discriminate" was being infringed on by civil rights laws. It will be very interesting to see what happens if the SCOTUS decides in favor of gay marriage in all 50 states, since some religious conservatives like Mike Huckabee are threatening to disobey such a ruling, just like white Southerners threatened "Massive Resistance" to school desegregation. Of course, I'm not sure how "Massive Resistance" to gay marriage would work, unless the states just stopped marrying everybody.

I read an interview with Ron Paul where the interviewer was talking about the depravity of the US because the morning-after pill was commonly accepted, and Ron Paul was like, "Ummmm... the morning-after pill does exactly what the birth control pill does. I have no issue with it."

I was currently deeply embroiled in a Facebook argument with an idiot about how the morning-after pill worked, and I got to quote conservative hero Ron Paul at him. Ever since then, I've had irrational goodwill towards the man. :lol:

Which I guess makes me a Ron Paul leghumper? :shock: :oops:

Archived