IGNORED

TLC's new show: My Husband is Not Gay With Mormons - MERGED

defraudingjezebel

Welp, TLC really hit a new low with this one: a show about Mormon couples wherein the husband is ex-gay. From the trailer, it seems like the show is going to be a real clusterf&ck. I can't help but feel bad for both people in each couple: the women, for settling for someone who might not be as interested in them as they deserve, and the men for feeling like they have to change who they are.

Anyways, here's a link to the trailer:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video preview in the link

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/12/tlcs ... tractions/

Television

TLC’s ‘My Husband’s Not Gay’ follows four Mormons with same-sex attraction

Staff Reports

Saturday, December 20, 2014

TLC will broadcast a special in January that follows four Mormon men living in Utah who are attracted to the same-sex, but who don’t identify themselves as gay or bisexual.

According to The Wrap, the show focuses on three married couples: Jeff and Tanya, Pret and Megan, and Curtis and Tera. Joining the cast is 35-year-old Tom, the bachelor of the group who enjoys fishing and baseball and served as a missionary in Long Beach.

“I get a little defensive when somebody calls my husband gay,” one wife says in the debut trailer.

The program airs January 11.

Someone should let xgay greg know! That was my first thoughts when I saw the title. Hopefully these women don't have as many issues as dede. They seem normal-ish. I'll probably record it and watch it when I feel like wasting an hour of my life.

It seems like TLC wants to advertise it as another kooky religious family doing normal things type show along the lines of the Duggars or Sister Wives (I know under the surface it isn't like that, esp with the Duggars, but that is how the show is presented) but it just sounds so sad. I feel bad for both husbands and wives

Who would sign up to film this?

But I'll be watching. Well played, TLC, combining all my favorite reality elements in one show.

But I'll be watching. Well played, TLC, combining all my favorite reality elements in one show.

X-gays are very proud. I saw one standing on a street corner holding a sign.

I think TLC probably ripped off that VH1 docu series "I Married to A....", which did an epsiode on Josh Weed. Josh is a gay Mormon who is married to a woman. He has a blog up

joshweed.com/

I'm curious if Josh will respond to this show and I also wonder how the LDS church will react. I know there are some Mormons that are pro gay rights and gay marriage and then there are others that aren't.

I have to admit I'll be watching as well, for the same reason. Something like this was what I was thinking about when I found out what Pat Robertson said about gays allegedly going extinct, although I just found out about this show when I saw this thread. I'm also wondering how the LDS church is going to react to this and if anything will happen to the men participating in this show with regards to the church.

I'm pretty sure if I was tired of people gossiping about my husband being gay the last thing I'd do is sign up for a reality show called " My Husbands Not Gay" .

Plus don't these people know even the " ex-Gay" treatment advocates have backtracked on that?

But , yeah, I'll watch :embarrassed:

I'm pretty sure if I was tired of people gossiping about my husband being gay the last thing I'd do is sign up for a reality show called " My Husbands Not Gay" .

Plus don't these people know even the " ex-Gay" treatment advocates have backtracked on that?

But , yeah, I'll watch :embarrassed:

A good example was the idiots from Exodus International. One of the founders featured on a Lisa Ling documentary on religious groups that believe in "praying away the gay" and he was happily married to his partner. I'm sure Exodus changed their official stance somewhat recently as well.

I agree that if people gossiped about your husbands sexuality, it doesn't make a great deal of sense to sign up with TLC and expose your relationship to even more scrutiny. Still, maybe they are of the mind that the louder and longer they deny he is gay, the more right they become. The husband may not have heard the saying "methinks he doth protest too much".

I guess it makes sense if you're broke and/or want to become famous and have no shame. What is it with TLC creating these train wreck shows?

I guess it makes sense if you're broke and/or want to become famous and have no shame. What is it with TLC creating these train wreck shows?
it is called profit and greed they care less that they destroy families and people

I was talking about the people featured on the show. But yeah, TLC is greedy, and comes up with the most obnoxious and offensive reality shows.

I was talking about the people featured on the show. But yeah, TLC is greedy, and comes up with the most obnoxious and offensive reality shows.
x-gays are proud and like to show how godly they are

Public Service Announcement: If you need to go on national telly and proclaim you husband's not-gayness to the world, something's not right.

Either you need to change the group of ppl you're hanging around with or, more likely, he's not, ya know, 100% straight. (Or maybe both.)

The absolute dregs have now been reached. The men are saying they're gay. The women are saying they're not... and "wanting to marry and raise children with someone you love" is nowhere near "we are attracted to each other and are able to have children"... what is WRONG with these people?

The absolute dregs have now been reached. The men are saying they're gay. The women are saying they're not... and "wanting to marry and raise children with someone you love" is nowhere near "we are attracted to each other and are able to have children"... what is WRONG with these people?

Just when we think TLC cant get any lower... they do! I'm sure this is a "Duggar approved" show since it proves that someone can enter into the holy state of matrimony with a woman despite your ebil thoughts. Its how god intended! Just shove the truth down below and all will be fine!

damn, i thought for sure with this title that pris and davey were involved!

Recipe for disaster! Where did TLC even come up with the couples shown in this episode? Will Xgay Greg make a special appearance to counsel the young men? Will the young men start making banners for thei card that say "I used to be gay but Jesus set me free - come meet my bride"?

Turn it off! Like a light switch, just go click... it's our nifty little Mormon trick!

(Book of Mormon musical reference, FYI)

As the exwife of a deep-in-the-closeted man (not Mormon, but a non-denom fundie "pastor" of a church-in-a-singlewde), I have this to say to those women:

Archived