IGNORED

Let's go for a run with Olivia!

ThatSnark

I was confused about what an Uja running skirt was...then realized she probably meant Lija and just didn't know how to read the logo.

Another key point for a fashion blog: if you're going to name brands, get the names right. How else will your readers know what to look for when they RUSH OUT to copy your style? :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took up running about 2 years ago. The very first thing I did was go to a running specialty store and get fitted for proper shoes. They are the most expensive clothing item I have ever owned- other than my wedding dress. I figured it's worth it though because I don't want joint problems or other injuries from ill-fitting or non-supportive shoes. I'm now on my third pair!

When I run I tend to wear running tights and a long-sleeve drifit shirt in the winter. In the summer, running tights and a short sleeved drifit shirt. Always two sports bras. I usually run at a popular outside running trail and have never noticed any defrauded dudes- and many women choose to run in just a bra and shorts- yet the men manage just fine.

She wore leggings and then fleece tights OVER the leggings? That sounds bulky and uncomfortable. (And then, of course, the skirt.) I live in northern MN, and this month I would just wear fleece tights or sweat pants - not both at once, and not topped with a skirt.

I was confused about what an Uja running skirt was...then realized she probably meant Lija and just didn't know how to read the logo.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On the wellness: reading back a ways on the blog, the family seems to have some pretty serious health issues; Mom has a chronic fatigue-type illness, Olivia and at least one sister have Lyme, and there was something else-- and she only mentions visiting a chiropractor to get medical advice; otherwise it's herbs and home remedies. Another case of Scamaritan instead of real health care? Probably. That chiro needs to look at her running injury and caution her before she does permanent damage.

On why the hell she hasn't bothered to acquire real running shoes: Guys, running shoes are not a symbol of MODESTY. I mean, Queen Michelle told us that there are no shoe modesty rules...so WHERE'S THE SELF-RIGHTEOUS FUN IN THAT? It's much more gratifying to one's ego to pontificate on the issue of dressing in clumsy layers for the lawd.

I took up running about 2 years ago. The very first thing I did was go to a running specialty store and get fitted for proper shoes. They are the most expensive clothing item I have ever owned- other than my wedding dress. I figured it's worth it though because I don't want joint problems or other injuries from ill-fitting or non-supportive shoes. I'm now on my third pair!

When I run I tend to wear running tights and a long-sleeve drifit shirt in the winter. In the summer, running tights and a short sleeved drifit shirt. Always two sports bras. I usually run at a popular outside running trail and have never noticed any defrauded dudes- and many women choose to run in just a bra and shorts- yet the men manage just fine.

The bold: THIS THIS THIS! Even a pair of cross trainers off the rack from Marshall's would have offered more support. I'm a huge proponent of getting properly fitted for running shoes, as I have fallen arches. It's better to front the money on a decent pair of shoes rather than having to pay medical bills due to injuries from shoes that were cheaper but provided poor support.

Her outfit: IMO she's probably overdoing the layers - the amount of layers she is wearing is probably what I would wear on a sub zero day, but no biggie she can take off layers as she warms up. There is a big Orthodox Jewish conclave where I live and I see women from the community running all the time in very similar outfits. As long as they are exercising and they are comfortable that is all that matters.

I don't put on running tights until the temperature dips into the 30s and I might wait until then to put on long sleeves. I do wear gloves way before then because I have Raynaud's phenomena and my hands cannot tolerate cold. Once I'm warmed up from running a bit, I'm comfy.

What the heck happened to these shoes? freshmodesty.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-workout-outfit.html?m=1

Not that sketchers are super for running, but still...actually, what was wrong with this entire outfit?

In the comments of the link above, one comment criticizes Olivia for looking set-apart.

Is it just me or is that not another version of pride? The commenter thinks everyone needs to be able to look at Olivia and tell she is "set-apart" by her dress.

That's not about being modest. Set-apart = I'm better than you, I'm more Godly than you.

I live in a university town, on a daily basis I see fit young women running around town in skimpy, skin-tight clothing. Believe me, if Olivia wore that around here, she would look modest, which would set-her-apart but she'd also look like a normal person.

From that same link there is a comment from a blogger who just started wearing pants. She wanted to find a pair of white pants but couldn't find any modest ones. To illustrate how immodest white pants can be she took a picture of woman who is picking up her kids from school. It reminded me of the one blogger who had a Bible study and took pictures of the ladies who attended to show how ugly they looked in pants.

rebeccatriestrousers.blogspot.com/2014/06/white-trousers.html

From that same link there is a comment from a blogger who just started wearing pants. She wanted to find a pair of white pants but couldn't find any modest ones. To illustrate how immodest white pants can be she took a picture of woman who is picking up her kids from school. It reminded me of the one blogger who had a Bible study and took pictures of the ladies who attended to show how ugly they looked in pants.

So not necessary to post pics like that. We can get the idea without having to look at that woman's butt.

Fundie-dom: for the mean girl who can mean all she wants and still feel like she's doing the world a favour!

I recently did a fun run 5K and I saw a girl with sorel boots on. I thought it was odd, but it was only 5K.

I was confused about all the layers though. Even in Alaska, I don't wear leggings over leggings, and a skirt and boots and two pairs of socks. Especially for a 5K. If I get cold, I just run faster. I'll be done in less than 30 minutes. If walking, I'll still be done in a little over 40 minutes.

I don't put on running tights until the temperature dips into the 30s and I might wait until then to put on long sleeves. I do wear gloves way before then because I have Raynaud's phenomena and my hands cannot tolerate cold. Once I'm warmed up from running a bit, I'm comfy.

I'm from South Florida so my temp for pants/long sleeves for running is around 50. Now that we're in North Florida, it's lower than the often.

I wore the same outfit to run in VA when it was snowing except I added a hoodie. I cannot imagine wearing two pairs of leggings.

Also, in the summer I meant running capris not tights. It's way too hot here for pants in the summer.

something about running when no man pursueth? :lol:

#mostguysdontgetturnedonbyrunningshoessojustbecomfyolivia

and hopefully she didn't give herself plantar fasciitis.

I had plantar fasciitis.... Twice. The second time I had it in both feet. And even after healing and then having a flare-up, I tore my plantar fascia ligament in a kick boxing class. Son-of-a-biscuit-eater it hurt like a Mother Huncher.

I wear good running/walking shoes with a lot of stability. They are worth every penny I pay for them. I get so mad at people who wear crap shoes. I spend a fortune on shoes (dress shoes, casual shoes, tennis shoes) because of poor footwear decisions I made in my 20's. Idiots like Olivia need to be punched in the throat.

Also, she looks stupid in her running get-up. Her douchebaggy "look to the side with you face down" pose is old.Give it up, Olivia.

I went to the gym with lady who was Jewish. She was very conservative. She ran in skirts, tights, long sleeved shirts and head covering. She always looked modest. She was there to workout, not for a fashion show like Olivia. Olivia is playing a runner in her blog. Since she can't live the life of a real adult she has to play dress up on her blog for her sheeple.

I didn't see she had on TWO pairs of leggings? How did she not roast?

For real. This is over dressed for just about any outdoor activity that isn't "standing around in negative temperature"

I took a screen shot for clarity.

http://imgur.com/2zN7tXN

So funny! She has also posted a photo with a full view of her own rear-end to show off her modesty pants - but she explains that when in work she will wear a long top over it, so her work colleagues won't get to see what the internet has already seen! :lol:

rebeccatriestrousers.blogspot.com/2014/10/alterations-complete.html

There is another linked blogger who artfully poses one buttock to show the modest layers covering her brown cord pants! Just to show she is proud of who God made her! And so proud to be modest. :shifty-kitty:

natashaatkerson.blogspot.com/2014/12/what-i-wear-modesty-makes-you-ashamed.html

So funny that these sorts of blogs are a thing!

I think she can afford shoes. She sells sewing ebooks and advertising for her blog, and she does a lot of shopping. But I don't think anyone else in her family has much spending money--she has to buy clothes for her siblings when she buys her own clothes, so maybe that's why she hasn't bought running shoes for herself. Maybe she'd be expected to buy comparable shoes for her sisters too.

I think she can afford shoes. She sells sewing ebooks and advertising for her blog, and she does a lot of shopping. But I don't think anyone else in her family has much spending money--she has to buy clothes for her siblings when she buys her own clothes, so maybe that's why she hasn't bought running shoes for herself. Maybe she'd be expected to buy comparable shoes for her sisters too.

Why is she having to buy clothes for her sibs? Gah in fundie families I hate how older children have to provide care - either financially or otherwise - to younger sibs.

It may be because her mother is ill? Not sure but I'm sure there was something odd about her family's finances.

Olivia is a talented seamstress, I don't understand why she didn't sew herself some running gear - Kwik Sew has a number of activewear patterns. Then she could buy some running shoes with the money she saved, even basic off-the-shelf running shoes would be better for her feet than those boots.

Where did she post having to buy clothes for siblings when she buys her own? I know she and one sister share a bit. I don't recall that post about buying their clothes, but I tend to skip some of her text :roll:

Anyways, her house seems pretty nice judging from the photos she posts. And I believe they relocated to be closer to Botkins, right? Weirdos.

Archived