IGNORED

Kentucky: No tax breaks for Noah's Ark project

doggie

Jerkit, you almost gave me a cardiac arrest. The Ho is still open for business!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tolly-Ho ... 521?ref=ts

I once got a hold of an Ale-8 that wasn't mixed properly at the factory and it turned me off of them ever since, unfortunately. There's a Mexican restaurant in Richmond that makes an Ale-8 margarita that is to die for.

Jerkit, you almost gave me a cardiac arrest. The Ho is still open for business!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tolly-Ho ... 521?ref=ts

I once got a hold of an Ale-8 that wasn't mixed properly at the factory and it turned me off of them ever since, unfortunately. There's a Mexican restaurant in Richmond that makes an Ale-8 margarita that is to die for.

Ahh, it just changed location. Phew!

ok the killer ad. of course liberals are intolerant ken ham is so tolerant for sure.

[bBvideo 560,340:1r85z4we]

[/bBvideo]

Just pay for it yourself, Kenny-boy.

Let me throw in a complication just for the sake of argument. I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere but the state of Mississippi may be considering a ballot initiative in 2016 declaring Mississippi to be Christian state. There are other items on the initiative regarding the Confederacy. It is basically a wish-list for your White Christian Fundamentalist who thinks the South won the Civil War. Anyway, if enough signatures are found, this will appear on the ballot and could conceivably win. (I kind of doubt it could pass but you never know). Now, if the Ark project were in Mississippi and they asked for taxpayer funding, if Mississippi were a "Christian" state, wouldn't the money have to go to the project? Some high-profile Evangelical pastors are against this ballot initiative, by the way. They must realize that this is a step too far. But if it wins, it could crop up in other states. Stay tuned.

It'll probably pass. This is what SCOTUS is for. An official religion violates the constitution, without question.

And of course some Evangelical pastors are against it. There's a change that declaring a religion at all may mean a different form of Christianity is official, and they're SOL.

My dad is debating a family trip to he creation museum. If I go, I will give a detailed report. But I don't know much shut evolution, so it'll be facts only and probably a bit less snark.

I once read a report by an archaeologist who went, and it was, ah, um...interesting. Apparently they have "fossils" on exhibit that are not only not real fossils, but they are not even casts of real ones. They're just...made up. :?

That aside, I have a good friend who has been. Her family is very conservative, and the main thing she had to say was how underwhelmed she was. She thought there would be more proof as far as creationism. Apparently their arguments there just aren't very solid. That's no surprise, though. Bill Nye gave Ken Ham a thorough beating.

• 1 month later...

It'll probably pass. This is what SCOTUS is for. An official religion violates the constitution, without question.

And of course some Evangelical pastors are against it. There's a change that declaring a religion at all may mean a different form of Christianity is official, and they're SOL.

A personhood amendment failed there two years ago; I doubt this would pass or even get enough signatures. Plenty of people can read there, you know.

LOL. The lawyer said this case "goes to the heart of the First Amendment." So that's what the First Amendment is about! The government giving you money for your $73M church/ark thing.

I bet Noah had government money for his ark. It's the heart of the bible too.

LOL. The lawyer said this case "goes to the heart of the First Amendment." So that's what the First Amendment is about! The government giving you money for your $73M church/ark thing.

I bet Noah had government money for his ark. It's the heart of the bible too.

Let's just hope someone decides to make a $73M theme park about the history of Islam (with tax breaks) right next door so we can see exactly how serious they are about the whole "free speech" thing...

Anyway, Ken Ham shouldn't be too worried. If there's one unifying fundie belief, it's that God will bless you with lots of money if you pray hard enough.

If he really trusts that God will provide, he shouldn't need the tax cuts, anyway. :D And if they don't get the money they need to keep building...well, Ken, guess God decided he didn't need another theme park.

Archived