IGNORED

Lori-- submit to men that aren't your husband

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/11/meryls-sweet-and-gentle-spirit-changed.html

The video shows several of the women with their dance partners and how the women fought the men who were their instructors. When it was replayed for the world to see, they were embarrassed about their behavior. It was ugly. Maks has been on DWTS for many years and is known for being arrogant and difficult to work with. Meryl is known for her sweet and gentle spirit. They matched the two of them together.

Most women when they are being yelled at by their husbands fight back. It is our natural inclination but God tells us to win disobedient husbands "without a word." Meryl won Maks without a word; well, with quiet and softly spoken words and behavior. She didn't fight him or argue with him at all. She knew he was her instructor and her leader so she patiently listened to him and followed him despite his bad behavior. She softened him and he ended up thinking the world of her! Even the judges commented on the effect Meryl had on Maks

She is an amazing role model for us. I want to be like Meryl. Love turns the other cheek. Love is patient and KIND. Love is not easily offended. Love thinks more highly of others than themselves. Meryl is love. Whatever man wins her heart will have a wonderful and supportive wife. Her behavior defines femininity.

So now women should submit to ANY man? Regarding the bold description of love... funny how the Bible commands husbands to love their wives. It doesn't say anything about wives loving their husbands! (Maybe that's how Lori justifies not loving Ken?)

:pull-hair:

What video is she referring to and how does she know the women were embarrassed?

Maks sounds like an arrogant ass?

It's one thing to obey a supervisor or boss when asked to do things that are part of your job description. But to obey ANY man? Oh HAIL NAW! That's all kinds of fucked up.

It's one thing to obey a supervisor or boss when asked to do things that are part of your job description. But to obey ANY man? Oh HAIL NAW! That's all kinds of fucked up.

Yeah, she's praising Meryl for winning her dance instructor without a word. :roll:

Are you freaking kidding me? So if some guy comes to my door and demands sex, then what, eh Lori?

:music-tool: :evil-eye: :cray-cray:

10 minutes out of her day and some lube...

Lori knows Jack and Shit when it comes to social dancing. If both people try to take the lead, it's a mess. By tradition, the man takes the lead, and he gets blamed for everything that goes wrong. Even in the balldance world, it's admitted that this is sexist, but it's kept in place because there really isn't a realistic want to change it when only 1 person can be the lead when there's not a choreographed routine! Being able to lead and being able to follow are different skill sets, and it can take years and years to learn just 1. So yes, you get women trying to battle to be the lead, and it's going to look like a mess.

But this shouldn't be used as a SEE?? Men should ALWAYS BE IN CHARGE and women SHOULD ALWAYS OBEY EVERY MAN!

Are you freaking kidding me? So if some guy comes to my door and demands sex, then what, eh Lori?

Shut up and bend over. Maybe he'll think about your comfort, if you were quiet enough, and lube up before the next round.

Lori has used the without a word quote so wrong so many times.... I can only guess she has limited reading comprehension abilities. That verse is specifically on dealing with marriage of a Christian wife to a non-Christian husband and how she should "win him" to Christianity without a word by her good, Christian actions.

Her using it over and over in wrong context doesn't change that.

Good old Lori

"always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth." 2 Timothy 3:7

Shut up and bend over. Maybe he'll think about your comfort, if you were quiet enough, and lube up before the next round.

Who knew Clan of the Cave Bear was such a good model for healthy interaction between men and women.

Since when is Lori a KJV fundie?

If you are truly serious about this, I suggest you go to http://nogreaterjoy.org/audio/romans-audio/?audio... and get a KJV bible, a notebook, and pen and listen carefully to the free download of Romans. Listen to Roman 6 through 8 over and over again until you understand who you are in Christ. Jesus came to set the prisoner free! You are free; now you just have to believe it. Take notes. Write all over your Bible. {You should see mine!} This is the best teaching on Romans, in my opinion.

OMG, Lori is using DWTS to shore up her arguments now?

I don't generally watch the show, but isn't Maks the professional dancer? Could that be why his partner "submitted" to him?

And what about the female professional dancers? Do the male stars not listen to them because they're female?

If Lori actually took the time to think about this logically, she would realize that the reason Maks worked so well with Meryl is due to the fact that she is a figure skater with extensive dance training. He didn't have to teach her how to move, dance or remember a routine. He hit the jackpot with her as a partner and knew it. Meryl isn't some shrinking violet. If she was, she would not have an Olympic Gold Metal. She is a hardcore athlete that is tougher than most men.

Call me crazy but I always thought not saying a word lets someone know that you're ok with what they're doing whereas saying something could let then know that they're an arrogant prick?

Lol...I should share this with my friend who is an ice skating blogger. He's said that Meryl totally bosses Charlie around. She rules with a velvet fist. I'm pertty sure the whole Meryl taming Maks thing was a storyline cooked up by the producers about the bad boy who gets tamed by the sweetheart next door. And as other said, she had dance training, was in peak athletic shape and had killer work ethic. Pretty much anyone could have won with her as their partner. In fact I was very supsicious of her being paired with Maks becuase of their height difference it would have made more sense to pair with a shorter pro but the shorter pros (Mark Ballas and Derek Hough have both so many more wins and Maks had yet to win so I think the producers paired the two up for the entertainment factor.)

Call me crazy but I always thought not saying a word lets someone know that you're ok with what they're doing whereas saying something could let then know that they're an arrogant prick?

yes. Hubby = Jesus on earth to fundies. No joke. And they've written whole books on how submitting to abuse is serving God.

amazon.com/gp/product/B0041D83VU?btkr=1

My fiancée is the only man I'll have sex with, but even he doesn't demand it. I will not submit to any man, even him.

I was raised the opposite. The Silent Treatment meant Strong Disapproval. In my house, when I was growing up, silence meant someone was mad, and a parent being silent was when we knew we were in Big Trouble. Make that BIG TROUBLE. So this silence thing never made sense to me. What's wrong with a woman being able to speak to voice her approval, or a man?

Lol...I should share this with my friend who is an ice skating blogger. He's said that Meryl totally bosses Charlie around. She rules with a velvet fist. I'm pertty sure the whole Meryl taming Maks thing was a storyline cooked up by the producers about the bad boy who gets tamed by the sweetheart next door. And as other said, she had dance training, was in peak athletic shape and had killer work ethic. Pretty much anyone could have won with her as their partner. In fact I was very supsicious of her being paired with Maks becuase of their height difference it would have made more sense to pair with a shorter pro but the shorter pros (Mark Ballas and Derek Hough have both so many more wins and Maks had yet to win so I think the producers paired the two up for the entertainment factor.)

This is the most absurd thing I've ever read on this site.

Reality shows don't have story lines-- they are real! Also, Meryl and Maks didn't win because she was already a professional athlete with extensive dance training. I can't imagine how that would have helped them! They won 'cause Bible and submission.

;)

Archived