IGNORED

Hey, I know! Let's get a puppy we can't take care of!

Koala

Our crate trained dog loves his crate...he goes in there when he wants to....the only time the door is closed and latched is if I'm going out or going to bed. Otherwise...well...he gets bored. Our kittens have their "crate" too...but mostly because they're so little (3 months old) and the house is so big...so they go in their house at night. their litter box is in there and they're fine with that too.

I've read that dogs can be very territorial over their crates...however my dog would happily share the crate with my grandson. I have pictures of the two of them napping in the crate.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My kitten spent close to ten minutes this afternoon interrupting any homework progress I made to convince me that I just wanted to snuggle her so she could take a nap.

It took ten minutes for me to realize that I wanted a nap, too. And I didn't get AS much homework done as I wanted today, but that's for tomorrow's list.

I also just adopted (as in yesterday) 2 kittens. Brother and sister and they're adorable...AND holy terrors! BUT...I know they're babies (3 months old) and they're VERY curious. They have a big kennel to sleep in (keep them safe from the dogs who are very gentle but these guys are LITTLE), toys and all sorts of stuff already. They are also VERY social and talkative!

BUT...I have a HUGE house, a good sized yard, live close enough to my office to go home at lunchtime, and let the babies run wild while I am at home.

The holy terror stuff gets worse before it gets better. Adolescent cats are something else indeed. Basically: lots of toys and lots of places they can climb and explore. Otherwise, it can get pretty hairy.

they are already holy terrors...they wrestle and chase each other all over the house. They beg, they chase the dogs (who out weigh them by a minimum of 50lbs), They enjoy pissing the dogs off by playing with the dogs' bones.

they are already holy terrors...they wrestle and chase each other all over the house. They beg, they chase the dogs (who out weigh them by a minimum of 50lbs), They enjoy pissing the dogs off by playing with the dogs' bones.

Oh, I believe it. I was simply warning that their behavior will only get worse before it gets better.

Oh, I believe it. I was simply warning that their behavior will only get worse before it gets better.

These kittens aren't my first rodeo...they're stinkers but they are SO DANG CUTE!!!! Wish I knew how to post pictures. Fortunately they are sleeping on the recliner instead of on me right now...I think they wore each other out while I was out with my bff this afternoon. I know that by the time they're 6months old they become unholy terrors...I'm going out next weekend to get them one of those climbing/scratching trees. Hopefully they'll use that instead of my furniture.

Archived