IGNORED

What Would You Name Them?

FJismyheadship

I'm working on a project, and I wanted to know. If you were a fundie and had eleventy babies, what would you name them? Normal names? Speshul names?

I was pondering a name like Israelia for a girl...

Anyway, what kinds of names would you name your imaginary fundie kids?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've always been into names having meanings, and i'll do this for my own kids.

if i was fundie (still) i would likely name them after either biblical role models or famous missionaries that i liked, like amy (carmichael) or gladys (aylward) or corrie (ten boom) for girls and henry (townsend) or jonathon (edwards) or william (carey) for boys.

I like Elizabeth for a girl and Matthew for a boy. In fact, I would have used both of those names if I'd had more children :)

aw, you like my name ^.^ (although mine is spelled as "elisabeth")

Probably Amish-y names, because that's what I grew up around. For a boy: Merlin, Delbert, Levi, Wilmer. For girls: Juanita, Treva, Mary Ellen, Lavonda.

Yay! I like these names! I think I'll have a mix of weird and normal. So I might have Patience and Charity, and then have Benjamen and Jacob.

If I were a submissive fundie wife, wouldn't the children be named by my headship? :wink-kitty:

Probably Amish-y names, because that's what I grew up around. For a boy: Merlin, Delbert, Levi, Wilmer. For girls: Juanita, Treva, Mary Ellen, Lavonda.

I had a good friend in high school named Treva. It's very unusual. IIRC, it's the feminine form of Trevor.

"Mr. Fuzzikins, Overload or all He surveys" Oh, wait, that's for the next cat.

In all seriousness, solid, traditional names. Nathaniel, Christopher, Anna, Ruth, etc.

All the boys would be named Joseph. All the girls would be named Mary. As it should be.

:wink-kitty:

All the boys would be named Joseph. All the girls would be named Mary. As it should be.

:wink-kitty:

if you happen to have two daughters, you'll just have to call one "mary marie" :P

Agnes is dangerously Catholic so I would avoid it. If I were crazy enough to be fundie, I think I'd name my kids Despair, Anguish, Sorrow, Burden, and Bob. Becasue that's how I'm thinking I'd view the world.

Actually according to a baby names book we used for our first kid, people really did use those names...

if you happen to have two daughters, you'll just have to call one "mary marie" :P

There are endless Mary variations.

Mary Anne, Mary Lou, Mary Pat, Mary Sue...

All of my kids names start with A. I have three girls.

I love the old Puritan names like Amity, Prudence, Makepeace, Constant, Verity, Trinity, Obedience, Lament, Virtue, Fortune, etc. I'd never name my real children after a value, but I see the possibilities in doing so.

There are endless Mary variations.

Mary Anne, Mary Lou, Mary Pat, Mary Sue...

All of my kids names start with A. I have three girls.

I love the old Puritan names like Amity, Prudence, Makepeace, Constant, Verity, Trinity, Obedience, Lament, Virtue, Fortune, etc. I'd never name my real children after a value, but I see the possibilities in doing so.

Can you imagine being named Lament- especially if your brother is called Fortune? "Hi this is my son, Fortune. Oh, and his brother, Lament."...

I have fundie story characters-there are a few with normal just random names like every other person, but some have naming themes.

The first family has nine under eleven years old. Her boys have Biblical names followed by a character trait-Elijah Justice, Jeremiah Courage, Noah Obedience, Samuel Honor and Isaac Truth. The girls follow the same theme but it is the other way around-Faith Mary, Chastity Esther, Grace Sarah and Joy Praise.

The second family has 10 kids, in alphabetical order. Anna Forgiveness, Boaz Rejoice, Cain Victory, Deborah Jubilee, Ezekiel Diligence, Faith Mercy, Gabriel Brave, Honor Loyal, Isaiah Fortitude and Jonah Trust.

^ Jeebus those names.

My cousin married a woman named Mary. She had five or six sisters -- all named Mary too.

True story.

:lol:

Coming from a oldtraditional family and my parents being good catholics, all 7 of us do have the german/latin version of fundie names that got us one or two looks occassionally . All heavy with meanings and "you were named after... " stories.

So when I was a teenager, I always told everyone "I will name my children english Hippie names! English 3-letter Hippie names, ha!" Well, it never came true -the dear daughters got traditional names too, and so will our boy in a couple of months. Sorry, son! :lol:

And if I get 8 more, they will will get our version of fundie names too :mrgreen:

Or is that game for american fundie names only? Because then I would for sure go Bradrick!- style. Also with the girls, so it would match. "Purity Grace" or "Faith Innocence", maybe a "Virtue Temperance" .

I have fundie story characters-there are a few with normal just random names like every other person, but some have naming themes.

The first family has nine under eleven years old. Her boys have Biblical names followed by a character trait-Elijah Justice, Jeremiah Courage, Noah Obedience, Samuel Honor and Isaac Truth. The girls follow the same theme but it is the other way around-Faith Mary, Chastity Esther, Grace Sarah and Joy Praise.

The second family has 10 kids, in alphabetical order. Anna Forgiveness, Boaz Rejoice, Cain Victory, Deborah Jubilee, Ezekiel Diligence, Faith Mercy, Gabriel Brave, Honor Loyal, Isaiah Fortitude and Jonah Trust.

while scrolling, i read this is "noah obama".

carry on.

^ Jeebus those names.

My cousin married a woman named Mary. She had five or six sisters -- all named Mary too.

True story.

:lol:

You may laugh, but that is not that unusual :D . Especially with the Marys. I also know 3 brothers all named "Franz", their calling name ist the second name. I think it´s the same with your cousins wife? Like Mary Elisabeth, Mary Anne, Mary Eleonore,....?

How about:

Adultery Death

Falsehood Fire

Idol Brimstone

Disobedience Salt

Covet Exile

Cowardice Plague

They would all (of course) use both first and middle names. Yeah, I'm feeling especially snarky today.

More seriously...I would probably give them normal, possibly biblical, first names and biblical middle names; e.g., Brian Samuel or Karen Rebecca.

Archived