IGNORED

Bill Gothard's Back! Total Success Power Teams!

Rhetorica

Has anyone ever thought of crashing one of these weddings? I mean how hard can it be with 1000 guests? Not doing anything disruptive but just a report back on what we don't see after TLC sanitizes it....for example is Gothard there...

Wow yeah, and the wedding just happens to be the day before his 80th birthday........

(singing) The cat came back the very next day

The cat came back they thought he was a goner

But the cat came back he just couldn't stay away

MEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

Just in time for Jessa and BinBob's wedding!

Maybe that is why Jessa and Ben registered for all the weapons. Although I reckon garlic and holy water might work better. :lol:

I hope he doesn't get a cake. Its sick he got a cake at Erin's wedding, and no way should he do that again. Especially as both Erin and Jessa are gorgeous young women, and we know his track record for molesting beautiful young women. I don't know if any of them were molested by him, probably not as I think someone so well known might be too risky for him, but I bet there are other girls who endured that and had to have him be guest of honor at their weddings. Wouldn't that just be soul crushingly awful for the bride if she was molested by him in the past? Especially if he gets a cake.

JA has added a comment responding to the concerns noted here at FJ, at 9:11 a.m.

Thanks. I'm very glad she responded, even if a little defensively. Thanks for clearing all that up, Julie Anne. Here is my response to her. All quotes from spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/10/12/bill-gothards-new-programministry-total-success-power-teams/ [emphases mine.]

Julie Anne

October 13, 2014 @ 9:11 AM

There are some legitimate comments/concerns mentioned on Free Jinger I’d like to address (these comments are from different people):

I'm glad Julie Anne thought the concerns were legitimate. Actually, all the comments she quoted except for the one about her tweet were from me.

Is it at all possible that between JA’s first and second phone calls the IBLP BoD clamped down on him for a premature come-back?

I don’t think so. The IBLP staff were only answering general questions. I don’t think they would have a reason to go to the BoD. As far as Gothard is concerned – I said my name and that I was interested in posting about it on my blog. He did not ask the name of my blog, but quickly went into gear to convince me not to mention anything publicly.

Thanks for answering the question, Julie Anne. I'm glad you did not bow to the pressure.

What’s with Julie Anne? She says she sat on this for 7 weeks waiting for someone else (comments at RG) to spill the news first. Does she have some moral objection to breaking scandals herself? I find her attitude rather odd.

Where are you getting the 7 wks from? It’s only been out since 9/8. I got the info on September 23, talked with BG on 9/26 and finally got it finished and posted 10/12.

I started the post Sept 30 – 4 days after speaking with Gothard for the 2nd time. Part of my initial work was asking around to seasoned bloggers about posting about it before Gothard himself publicized it since he had requested several times that I not post it. I’m not a reporter and want to make sure I’m being careful and respectful to all. The consensus was “yes,†it was okay to post, and it was my intent to get it posted the following weekend, which would also give him time to get something posted publicly as well. (Not that I had to give him time, but some would claim if I posted immediately that I just wanted to rush to tell the story. The more important matter is to focus on him without distractions.)

Unfortunately, it took longer than I expected to pull everything together (links/source info/background) in addition to keeping current with college homework which has been kicking my butt.

Thanks for clearing that up. FWIW, I got the 7 weeks from this part:

"Thirty-four days have passed since the initial e-mail was sent out to ATI families. Sixteen days have passed since I last spoke to Gothard in which he said he wanted to post something about it first. He has had sufficient time to make this public. At this point, as days go on, I cannot be certain if he has ever had the intention of going “public,†as he suggested. Additionally, the news is now public on the internet. When I first got the information, there was nothing I could find online. Now there is talk about it in the comments at the Recovering Grace site by people who have received the same e-mail. It is public."

I wrongly assumed that the days were consecutive not concurrent. I also assumed that Julie Anne had been given the email to ATI families hot off the press, as it were.

This may seem overly critical of Julie Anne, but I think she can be a bit gullible in believing her sources. Also I’ve been shaking my head over her taking David Gibb III’s self-sanitized resume at face value initially. If she had dug a little deeper and been a bit more suspicious she would have uncovered his very recent Old Schoolhouse “mediation†cover-up connection. Not cool, David Gibbs III.

FJ is a huge site with a lot of seasoned sleuths who have been covering all kinds of stories for years. I’m a single blogger who gets limited info sent to me. Otherwise, I do all the research work. The David Gibbs Jr/III was very confusing. People mistakenly posted wrong information on my blog. I was seeing confusion in comments and even articles, as people forgot to add the Jr or III. I requested that Gibbs III clear it up for me, which he did and my friend, Brad, worked up a chart to help identify cases between Gibbs III and his father. At the time, I couldn’t pinpoint which Gibbs had the Old Schoolhouse case.

I have spoken with Gibbs III once or twice on the phone and by e-mail during the heightened part of the Lourdes Torres-Manteufel/Phillips case. I may have been gullible. Now I see that while he was forthright about correcting the prominent cases he worked on vs his father, it is apparent that some cases were not mentioned at all. Failure to disclose is not being honest. Ugh!

Ugh! is about right. I have posted on another thread about this and Julie Anne may agree with me: this lack of forthrightness and failure to disclose does not mean that David Gibbs III will not represent Lourdes well. He probably will do a very good job. It does mean that the claim in his "Letter to the Nation" - that he will not represent people in attempted cover-ups of sexual abuse and will always be on the side of the victims in the future - should be taken with a hefty helping of salt.

On Julie Anne: I respect her usually, because she does try to be careful and judicious, research thoroughly, and go to the source where possible. And, yes, it was giving BG the chance to go public himself. Why wait though? The old molesting monster does not deserve to have his machinations kept secret just because he asks. Why honor Gothard’s request to keep it quiet until someone else made it public? She has a lot of credibility but this one still doesn’t sit well with me.

Well, shoot, I guess I’m going to have to abandon my family/school to please you peeps! LOL Really, there’s no other reason why it wasn’t posted earlier except for trying to keep my head above water at home/school. Now that I’m back to school, I’m unable to be as quick to report on breaking stories as I used to do. Sorry!

I really don't expect Julie Anne to drop everything to blog. The apparent time lapse bothered me. She seems to have missed how complimentary I was about her work in general.

There are often good reasons why I do things, but I may not make those reasons publicly known. Rather than speculate, feel free to send an e-mail. I don’t bite. I’ll be happy to read questions, comments, even criticisms: [snipped email because I think it's again the rules to post it.]

Thanks!

I reserve the right to discuss and criticize Julie Anne's blog on FJ, or wherever I choose, without needing to contact her first. I consider Julie Anne and Spiritual Sounding Board a powerful voice against spiritual abuse. The fact that I often agree with her does not make her immune to free discussion and open criticism and it certainly does not give her the right to be contacted in advance of any post I make.

Julie Anne has always seemed rather to disdain Free Jinger in the past and I doubted she'd welcome emails from members. Now she has cleared that up, I may email her directly in the future with questions.

Peace, Julie Anne. :)

Son of a bitch! The old fart is like Lazarus!

Thanks for the good belly laugh Rosy. I just got back from a chemo session and needed a good laugh after treatment. Keep them coming. FJ and Pickles have been getting me through some of the bad days after chemo with lots of laughs. CHEMO STINKS_THINK PINK FOR THE CURE.

A little off-topic, but thanks to a slight derailing in JA's comments section, I now know about VooDoo Doughnuts. I now must have some VooDoo Doughnuts, because they look hella delish. I'll be in Seattle next month but I think Portland is a little too far for a day trip :cry:

Oh, and Got Hard is still a creepy old man who has ruined too many lives. Thanks for the PTSD with a side dish of major depression, creepy old man :disgust:

Thanks for the good belly laugh Rosy. I just got back from a chemo session and needed a good laugh after treatment. Keep them coming. FJ and Pickles have been getting me through some of the bad days after chemo with lots of laughs. CHEMO STINKS_THINK PINK FOR THE CURE.

All the best to you, toejamflipflop. I hope everything goes well for you. I will be sending lots of pink, happy thoughts your way. :wink-kitty:

You're welcome. I hope you win the fight with the big C. I am wearing pink, and my fiancée is wearing a pink uniform shirt to show his support. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Gothard needs to back where he came from. I hope more young women speak out

Gothard has the same slimy quality as a slug, so maybe if someone sprinkled some salt on him, will he dissolve. I don't think that we have heard the last of the victims speaking out.

Ugh, great. Dracula's back in business.

Now I'm wondering if the Duggars are going to send any of their younger daughters to Journey to the Heart to be offered up on the altar of Gothard.

He never left. He was just taking a dirt nap in the coffin that is filled with soil from his native land. While he was sleeping David Waller was waiting for his master just like Renfield did.

Archived