IGNORED

WWII Reenactment and cosplay in middle Tennessee

Marian the Librarian

The Courter family, of "Dominion Skills" fame, took over downtown Linden, TN last month for a shoot-em-up. Many pics on the event's FB page. Look closely, and you'll see several of the Botkin kidults in costume, as well as fundie historian/friend of Dougie the Tool, Bill Potter.

Mercy, these people do love their guns...

facebook.com/RememberingWWII

dominionskills.com

how will they take dominion if not at gunpoint?

Reenactments of events that are still quite recent (yes, there are some WWII survivors still alive, I consider it ''recent'') usually make me a bit uncomfortable to start with, even if it's not organized by fundies. This looks even worst. :|

Even though nurses are usually considered a more feminine profession by most fundies, they couldn't even consider reenacting that. During WWII, most nurses on the field wore.... *gasp* pants! Check this cool image of women from the 10th Canadian general hospital in 1944, Normandy. 15.jpg

Love that photo! i almost bought one of those helmets at a flea market once. Amazing that a woman could have been the one wearing it.

I know reenacting is a big thing but it's generally done by people with a real interest in history as it actually happened, not as they WISH it happened. These people, on the other hand, are so fucking clueless. It's all about "let's pretend" and pretend dressing up. Given that this event was abaout WWII, the best I can say about this is that at least no one went in costume as a death camp inmate. Because vertical stripes are, you know, so slimming…

Anna Sophia would be quite striking if not for that constant stink face of contempt she's always sporting.

They didn't have anyone dressed as death camp inmates because these people don't talk about the Holocaust. Probably because it would dampen their dress-up time, and they don't care because Jews were the victims.

They didn't have anyone dressed as death camp inmates because these people don't talk about the Holocaust. Probably because it would dampen their dress-up time, and they don't care because Jews were the victims.

Sad but true. The Holocaust only exists for them so they can talk about the BAYBEEZ. Otherwise, it was just a minor inconvenience for a whole mess of people who probably brought it on themselves anyway.

Archived