IGNORED

Kirk Cameron Christmas Movie - MERGE

doggie

I'll see of it's playing in a theatre near me and do that... But only if I can somehow get my hip flask past the staff. No way I am watching that thing sober.

I have no idea if it's near me or not. I'm in a college town, and people here tend towards the liberal side, so I'm betting not

Back when I was at UGA, my roommate and I smuggled cans of beer into a showing of Gone With the Wind. The university showed films nightly at South PJ (Psychology-Journalism) auditorium and they didn't care if you brought food and sodas. I don't know about beer though. Debbie and I called our beers Schlitz Juleps.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back when I was at UGA, my roommate and I smuggled cans of beer into a showing of Gone With the Wind. The university showed films nightly at South PJ (Psychology-Journalism) auditorium and they didn't care if you brought food and sodas. I don't know about beer though. Debbie and I called our beers Schlitz Juleps.

You people are all amateurs! I attended enough southern college football games to know that baggies are the way to go. You pour your libation of choice into a ziploc baggie (actually double baggies are recommended to prevent "accidents") and you stuff them down your jeans. You can then buy the mixers at the concession stand. I don't know how many diet cokes I bought that I requested be only "3/4 full." It was a fairly standard request, though. :lol:

This masterwork is playing in only five theaters within 500 miles of my ZIP code--and not a single one is in my state! We must be doing something right.

Here are Kirk's latest attempts to get us to go see this piece of . . . filmmaking:

https://www.facebook.com/kirkcameron/ph ... =1&theater

Some potential viewers are concerned:

My daughter said their was wine drinking and the message of Christmas wasn't really protrade like it should be... is this true?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152901481973735

I'm texting this from a deer blind in the Louisiana woods... Shhhh... the squirrels can hear us, and they are organized!

:roll: It's a video of Kirk whispering about how Saving Christmas can only be found in theaters -- no DVD to hunt for yet.

So now the comments include arguments between pro-hunters and anti-hunters, as well as the various types of Christians. :lol: Way to go, Kirk!

https://www.facebook.com/kirkcameron/ph ... =1&theater

Saving Christmas has officially reached the bottom spot in the IMDb ratings:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom?sort=i ... ple&page=1

I am debating on seeing this movie. Although 40 minutes away seems stupid. I could see it today for $5 and I get free popcorn. What do you all think?

So did take one for the team?

I wonder if next year this movie will be shown in the mega churches before x-mas and the only cost is you get love bombed.

The people have spoken! Kirk Cameron’s ‘Saving Christmas’ is IMDB’s worst film of all time

Not only does the film have a 0 percent approval rating among professional critics on Rotten Tomatoes, it is now the most poorly rated film on the Internet Movie Database, meriting only 1.3 stars out of 10.

In order to appear on the list, a film “must have received at least 1,500 votes,†which means that a significant number of the site’s users felt it to be significantly worse than the Carmen Electra vehicle Disaster Movie (1.9 stars), Mariah Carey’s unwatchable biopic Glitter (2.1 stars), and John Travolta’s ode to Scientology, Battlefield Earth (2.3 stars).

Despite recent stream of credible rape allegations against its star, even Bill Cosby’s disastrous foray into science fiction, Leonard 6, is able maintain 2.3 stars.

The reason for the abysmal reviews could be that, as the Times‘ Ben Kenigsberg noted, Cameron’s delivery in the film is so forced “you half expect the camera to pull back to reveal hostage takers.†Or because, in the words of MLive’s John Serba, “Cameron’s preferred tool of engagement is a prybar, applied to your eyelids with an indelicate hand.â€

This is not to say the film has not been popular among some groups — it has currently grossed $2.2 million, and if Cameron’s Facebook post on Wednesday is to be believed, it is about to receive a wider distribution . . .

kirk-cameron-facebook-800x430.jpg

The people have spoken! Kirk Cameron’s ‘Saving Christmas’ is IMDB’s worst film of all time

kirk-cameron-facebook-800x430.jpg

my fiance just shared this with me. he knows how to make me smile. :D

You know a movie is bad when it has a lower score than the movie "Breaking Wind" on IMDb's crap list.

I think Kirk should stop trying to save Christmas and actually start trying to save his career and reputation. He is seriously coming off as unhinged at this point.

You know a movie is bad when it has a lower score than the movie "Breaking Wind" on IMDb's crap list.

and gigli. and the room. oh gods, the room. even it gets 3.5 stars, ffs, and i swear i probably have some sort of cancer after watching the snippets of it that i've seen.

A FB friend posted this - it's a video review of the movie from 119 Ministries, which I expected to defend the movie, which it does not and presents reasons it doesn't. No matter what your beliefs, this is a really good breakdown on the movie and I found it actually pretty interesting:

youtube.com/watch?v=_cTPUcCXcS0

Although this one is pretty good, too - Kirk in his prime (1989, a few years after he says he become a born-again Christian) - with all of the '80s cheesiness and Marie Osmond pregnant with her second(?) child:

"Kirk Cameron Already Saved Christmas Back In The 80s"

youtube.com/watch?v=QcJTcAaPUVU

His dear pals Duggars can't even see this movie because all that dancing will stir up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled. What's his demographic for this?

His dear pals Duggars can't even see this movie because all that dancing will stir up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled. What's his demographic for this?

I think he may have been trying to reach the mainstream (or the conservative end of mainstream) audience. But mostly, it seems to have lost him support from fundies and others who used to be in his corner.

I liked this comment someone left on Kirk's facebook page.

I was saved at six. I was baptized at thirteen. I am Christian. I cannot back up any of these claims through the Internet, it is true. You'll have to take me at my word.

Bottom line, you made a bad movie. If it is universally hated among critics, it is a bad movie. It is not a secularist plot against Christianity. It means you made a bad movie.

Furthermore, on the cross, Jesus did not ask for better reviews among those who spat upon him. He forgave them. He loved them. He didn't send people out to silence their views.

You want to teach people about the value of His story? Show it in your own actions. Because sending an army of fans to change your fortunes on a website makes you look more like a pouting 12-year old rather than the man whose story you futilely attempted to revive through this "film". Merry Christmas, and God bless.

What a powerful comment! Thanks for sharing it, thoughtful.

You're welcome. I only wish Kirk would read it and take it to heart. But I can't imagine he ever reads the comments -- he just posts 1-2 times a day to flap his arms and shriek "buy what I'm selling!"

and gigli. and the room. oh gods, the room. even it gets 3.5 stars, ffs, and i swear i probably have some sort of cancer after watching the snippets of it that i've seen.

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did not hit her, i did not, i did not hit her, it is bullshit, i did not hit her! *throws water bottle* i did NAAHT. ... oh hi mark!

DH and I were surfing the net and saw that Kirky's movie is on IMDB's 100 Worst Movies EVER list, and we started reading the reviews. There are some GREAT ones....

imdb.com/title/tt4009460/reviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt

I was a devout Christian until I watched this movie. I can no longer believe in God because I can't believe that he would allow someone to make this garbage in his name… I am now exploring Satanism. Thank you Kirk Cameron.

Saving Christmas needed saving...and by that, I mean it should have been mercy killed. the acting is horrendous and it's story is only a reminder that anyone that paid to see it wasted their money

I saw the name "Kirk Cameron", saw that pasty face on the poster and two words came to my mind: "Crockoduck" and "Banana"! Yes, through the internet-memes and jokes I had been exposed to Cameron and his ilk. Upon realizing that those people were not comedians, I figured this was the most hilarious insane stuff I had heard in a long time and that Kirk Cameron may well be the missing brother of "Dumb and Dumber". So I flashed the buck, walked in and expected much unintentional hilarity and future memes in the making.

These are great!

Kirk, it rained in California this week---- I think God saw your movie and was crying.

This has to be the most amusing film I've watched all year. I cannot believe that there is a single person on Earth that takes Kirk Cameron seriously. The fact that he isn't bouncing off the walls in a padded cell on a daily basis just goes to show you how flawed things really are in America. They'll gladly lock up a man who wants to feed the homeless, but they'll willingly let this dangerous lunatic freely roam the streets

Aside from the fact that Mr. Cameron is the dean of the Tool Academy; this is so unwatchable that if Kubric was alive, he would replace all the ultra-violent movies in A Clockwork Orange with this turd and he wouldn't even have to induce a gag reflex

Aside from the fact that Mr. Cameron is the dean of the Tool Academy; this is so unwatchable that if Kubric was alive, he would replace all the ultra-violent movies in A Clockwork Orange with this turd and he wouldn't even have to induce a gag reflex.

Clearly this reviewer is mistaken. The position of Dean of Tool Academy belongs to a 1 Doug Phillips, and him alone.

Clearly this reviewer is mistaken. The position of Dean of Tool Academy belongs to a 1 Doug Phillips, and him alone.

Kirk Cameron, could be the Student Relations Coordinator at the Tool Academy.

Archived