IGNORED

The Seewalds family started a blog [MERGED]

NotALoserLikeYou

I meant like the duggars tracts they had out, and many fundie sites will say something like, "how to get saved" followed by 1. Admit youre a sinner 2. Ask Jesus to forgive you of all of your sins by saying the following blah blah and then they believe you are saved, guaranteed.

Calvinists don't do that sort of thing and they don't believe in salvation guarantees.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to their book, Jinger "ministers" at a local juvenile detention centre as well as adult prisons in Florida with Mr Keller.

In the girls' book they each have a little bio at the end. Jana talks about being a doula (sort of) and JTTH. Jill talks about midwifery and her dream to minister to the people of Latin America. Jinger talks about her photography gigs and prison minstry. But all Jessa says is how she likes to listen to music, and even if she only hears the piece of music, she'll "start pickin' and strumin' an instrument" to sound the song out.

However I know she has attended some of the birthing sessions that Jana didn't go to in order to photograph the birth and the kid right after. She was probably encouraged to do this by Boob and Shell so Jill wouldn't be alone with a bunch of heathens. She also assists Jinger with the photography gigs sometimes too.

I'm amazed he actually said the thing about 'giving pieces of your heart' away. I mean, that's been said word-for-word numerous times on the Duggar's show. It's hard to imagine he's not aware of that considering his son is courting Jessa, which really makes it seem like he's specifically calling them out. "There is also the idea that if a young man or woman has romantic feelings for someone that they are giving a little piece of their heart to them. If it turns out they don’t marry that particular person then there will be less of their heart for their spouse. While there is evidence that this is true in a sexual relationship it is absurd to think it is true of mere romantic feelings. There is no basis for this in Scripture. Parents can guilt their children to death over these feelings which are unavoidable."

This is such a dickish way to feel. He thinks Jim Bob's ridiculous beliefs are ridiculous, but his ridiculous belief that's like a half step better is correct? No.

What does Jinger do all day? That's easy - everything her mother doesn't.

In all honesty, I bet her days are very full - just not full in the same way as your average 20 year old who is in school or at work. I bet things have changed drastically for Jinger in the past year.[/quote]

This. I'm pretty sure her days are full with child raising and housework. Sure, the Duggars now may have more outside help now than they did back then, and even the smaller children have grown to an age where they are a bit more independent, but still, there are several young kids around who need parenting and help. And it's not like J'Chelle is actually raising her own kids.

So yeah, now that Jill is gone and Jessa is busy with other things, she and Jana probably have their hands full.

I actually posted it first on Saturday (see first post) but since my posts are moderated it didn't go through until much later.

And I didn't see the 'hey, merge these' notice until just now--sorry.

I have a slight amount of respect for Pa Seewald now. Taking shots at Boob and Mullet's commentary is awesome. But Ben Boob is probably far deeper in the proverbial kool-aid than him.

Archived