IGNORED

Darth's in Labor/Darthy had her baby! MERGED

PBrooke

Sorry if someone's already said this, but is it normal to have an elaborate post-birth photo shoot? That poor baby looks like he just wants to sleep in half those photos. Instead he got passed around to some 20 odd people with a camera following him around....

I don't know if I would call that a photo shoot so much as everyone there is taking a turn holding the baby. Also no telling how long that was spaced out over... and most newborns just want to sleep, especially in the first few days. A non-flash camera isn't really all that intrusive and takes a second for each picture. Now, you can discuss the merits of passing around a newborn, etc, but it happens all the time in non-fundie families.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I would call that a photo shoot so much as everyone there is taking a turn holding the baby. Also no telling how long that was spaced out over... and most newborns just want to sleep, especially in the first few days. A non-flash camera isn't really all that intrusive and takes a second for each picture. Now, you can discuss the merits of passing around a newborn, etc, but it happens all the time in non-fundie families.

I think this might just be a me thing. When I bring a new fish home from the store I refrain from taking pictures at first because it takes a while for them to settle into a new tank and stop getting skittish every time someone stands in front of it. I imagine I'd treat a new baby the same way. Give them a little time to get used to being out of the womb, that is, not drop them in a tank full of water.

I found the Morton/Sanders when D&N were courting, so I don't know all the history(I have looked through the blog a way back) Anyway, I agree Michael always looks miserable and that beard looks Amish and distracts me. I can never get past the beard. All the rest of them are always smiling and happy, and he is always a sour puss. What is up with that?

I found the Morton/Sanders when D&N were courting, so I don't know all the history(I have looked through the blog a way back) Anyway, I agree Michael always looks miserable and that beard looks Amish and distracts me. I can never get past the beard. All the rest of them are always smiling and happy, and he is always a sour puss. What is up with that?

There are a few pictures of Michael looking happy when he's holding one (or more) of his kids.

The baby is here, a boy, named Enoch. Could be worse... She had the baby at home of course. She looks really good, I thought. Lots of photos on the Sanders' site now.

Never mind my edits. It so helps to see and read an entire post before coming here to start a topic!

Hate the name, love how cute the baby is, and she looks so happy and amazing so soon after giving birth. She looks like someone else did all the work, and she just crawled into bed w/ the baby for the photo op.

Who is Darthy? And I take it she named him after Noah's great-grandfather and not after Nucky Thompson on Boardwalk Empire? :lol:

Hate the name, love how cute the baby is, and she looks so happy and amazing so soon after giving birth. She looks like someone else did all the work, and she just crawled into bed w/ the baby for the photo op.

I know! She looks gorgeous, and like a very natural mother (of course, she's held many, many newborns before).

Who is Darthy? And I take it she named him after Noah's great-grandfather and not after Nucky Thompson on Boardwalk Empire? :lol:

Darth/Darthy is Dorothy Morton Sanders, second-eldest daughter in the big Morton family. They have a farm in Georgia. She married Noah a little over a year ago. And I seriously doubt she's ever heard of, let alone seen, Boardwalk Empire!

• 2 weeks later...

Morton blog has a small update, and Addie's clearly giddy about something... the only question is whether it's just about Cleve (who has always been her favorite, it seems) or something else...

I noticed that too...she says:

"Oh, heavens, by the way, this poor little blog-sorry it's been so long since we've posted-life has been super exciting and busy of late...more on that coming later... *huge, ginormous grin*"

Seems like either she or Cleve is courting...

I'm hoping it's not pronounced in a way that sounds like eunuch. I once gave a talk on UNIX (an operating system), and because it's pronounced like eunuch, some non technical people in the front row were squirming in their seats until they realized what I was talking about.

Perhaps OT but when I was using UNIX, we called it U..Nix, not U...nuk.

Perhaps OT but when I was using UNIX, we called it U..Nix, not U...nuk.

Yes, I did/do pronounce it U..Nix, but the people in the front row still heard it as U...nuk, or they thought eunuch is pronounced U..Nix.

Funny, because my hubby teaches his students to use LATEX, which is pronounced Lay-teck. I don't know why. Cool program, though.

Anyhoo.

Happy for them, gorgeous pics as usual. I personally didn't want a lot of fuss around me, but that's me. However, I did thoroughly appreciate the meals that were dropped off for kid #2. Didn't have that for kid #1, and man, was it ever nice! And yes, it was from our church family here, in a new town. Old town, no church. Bonus!

I'm sure that she gets as much rest time alone as she wants, because they can all entertain themselves. And she never has to make a meal or wash a dish--nice.

They seem very sweet, but he still looks 14 to me.

Yes, I did/do pronounce it U..Nix, but the people in the front row still heard it as U...nuk, or they thought eunuch is pronounced U..Nix.

Maybe they thought you were talking about more than one eunuch (eunuchs), which does sound a lot like UNIX.

Archived