IGNORED

Female GOP congresswoman “bring it down to woman’s level.�

doggie

I am suprised she did not say she should be in the kitchen or making babies.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/15 ... han-women/

North Carolina Republican congresswoman, Renee Ellmers, thinks that men need to bring their conversation down to a level that women can comprehend.

Ellmers, who appears to have difficulty understanding complex things, like pie charts and graphs for instance, seems to think that the problem is shared by all members of the female population.

In a speech explaining to republicans how they can best relate to women, Ellmers provided the following bit of advise.

“Men do tend to talk about things on a much higher level, Many of my male colleagues, when they go to the House floor, you know, they’ve got some pie chart or graph behind them and they’re talking about trillions of dollars and how, you know, the debt is awful and, you know…â€

Just a reminder, these comments come from a woman who was actually elected to represent the state of North Carolina in Congress.

Ellmers went on to explain that women are just not interested in those kinds of things. What does interest women? According to her, broadly, women want more time. Specifically, they want more time to “get readyâ€.

To wrap up all of that super great advise, she suggested that the men really need to “bring it down to woman’s level.â€

Ellmers gave this speech at an RNC women’s conference on Friday, July 11, 2014. The focus of the conference was on how to talk to women about republican policies. Only one journalist, Ashe Schow of the Washington Examiner, was present at the event.

After the Rachel Maddow blog picked up the story, Ellmers released a statement in response. Basically she blames the mean and horrible liberal media for reporting her remarks, but doesn’t deny saying them.

Ellmers has been in the headlines before. As a member of the ‘Pro-Life Caucus’ and the ‘Pro-Life Women’s Caucus’ Ellmers embarrassing crusade against maternity healthcare coverage in the ACA was just one of many moments in which GOP hypocrisy was on full display.

During the GOP government shut down, Ellmers made headlines for saying “I need my paycheck,†while apparently remaining totally oblivious to the fact that her decision to support a shut down of the federal government left more than a million other people, who also needed a paycheck, without one.

Who knew state representatives were expected to work with large budgets and statistics?

post-8463-14451999237247_thumb.jpg

Wow! I can't believe this. You have to wonder if she is really that stupid, or if she has just had that hammered into her head growing up in the South/Bible Belt.

The weirdest bit about it is that she's a congresswoman, which is already a high level of achievement for anyone let alone a woman (who has to jump through extra hoops in order to gain respect that is more easily accorded to a male), not to mention in the GOP, which is doubly stacked against women. Yet despite having reached a point that many women would envy, and shown that she has the ability, she continues to spout the rhetoric.

I did some research into how the hell this woman got elected. Evidently, she was a nurse that absolutely hated the Affordable Care Act. She basically ran on a "I'm not the party that had anything to do with the ACA" platform. For a bonus, she was endorsed by Sarah Palin and the donations came rolling in. She was running against Democratic incumbent Bob Etheridge and wasn't a very strong candidate until someone posted a video on the internet of Etheridge getting into a physical altercation with two young students who claimed to be working on a project with him. (Republican strategists later admitted that they were behind orchestrating the episode.) Still, even with that, she only won by 1, 483 votes. :?

Then I must not be much of a woman...I spent part of my career in nuclear power/propulsion and used words big enough to confuse the hell out of other engineers....

How does one get to be a nurse and remain unable to comprehend a pie chart?? :shock:

I have very little post-high school formal education, and yet even I can comprehend a pie chart! :?

Hey Renee! If you can't understand a graph or pie chart, you either have an undiagnosed learning disability or.....you're just not very bright. Luckily, you seem to live in an area where this does not pose a problem. (My apologies to anyone who lives in her district and CAN read a graph or anyone with a learning disability) I am not surprised that extra time is important to you. You most likely need a great deal of extra time to "get ready" and to otherwise function throughout the day. If you are having trouble keeping up with your male colleagues, you should reconsider your career goals. Unfortunately, the Congress of the United States cannot use finger puppets and interpretive dance during debates. You have to comprehend graphs, charts, and big words that are hard to spell. :think:

I have very little post-high school formal education, and yet even I can comprehend a pie chart! :?

According to Wikipedia, she has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I'm confused. Anyone who has completed sixth grade should not only be able to grasp a pie chart but also realize that they are not really indicative of higher order thinking.

I guess the upside of this moron being in Congress is that she is no longer endangering patients in a hospital.

I am certain that I learned how to do pie charts when I was a child.

How did this woman graduate high school, let alone college, with not understanding that. How can someone like this even be elected to such an important government position with this lack of intelligence.

It isn't a woman thing. Its a not being very bright thing.

I am certain that I learned how to do pie charts when I was a child.

How did this woman graduate high school, let alone college, with not understanding that. How can someone like this even be elected to such an important government position with this lack of intelligence.

It isn't a woman thing. Its a not being very bright thing.

I'm sure you did them as a child. My state's curriculum standards for math require students to be able to interpret and make pie graphs by the end of fourth grade, as well as line plots, tables, charts, bar graphs and pictographs. And note that that grade designation would mean it can be in the curriculum any time the school deems appropriate between second and fourth grades.

If fourth graders can handle it, adults can regardless of gender.

Doesn't this woman know she basically made herself look stupid. In my state , graphs are every where The are in elementary and up. Graphs are in science, history and math and I seen them in omg English/reading. She needs to get over herself and go get a tutor.

Doesn't this woman know she basically made herself look stupid. In my state , graphs are every where The are in elementary and up. Graphs are in science, history and math and I seen them in omg English/reading. She needs to get over herself and go get a tutor.

sadly i think that's the idea.

I can't help but think of this woman...

post-8463-14451999237346_thumb.jpeg

Wow! I can't believe this. You have to wonder if she is really that stupid, or if she has just had that hammered into her head growing up in the South/Bible Belt.

Excuse me? I get so sick of this type of nonsense. Othello, you should not rely on your own ignorance to a prove a point about the ignorance of others.

I was homeschooled through 8th grade. (Not good homeschooling. Sotdrt all the way, taught by my mother, who only went through 8th grade herself.) When I had my daughter, I lived with my grandmother, who said I knew enough, and teaching me was "none of her concern".So I quit school, and got my ged at 16. I'm not smart by anyone's standards, yet I can read and interpret charts and graphs. It is really not that hard.

Ps. I also grew up in the bible belt.

sadly i think that's the idea.

Unfortunately, that's true. Someone on Facebook said something that made me think of this woman and those who vote for her. "The average IQ of Americans is 100, so you have half of the population running around with 2 digit IQ's."

I genuinely thought this was a Poe at first. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that a woman with a nursing degree doesn't understand pie charts and thinks it's because of her sex. My brain hurts.

Hey Renee! If you can't understand a graph or pie chart, you either have an undiagnosed learning disability or.....you're just not very bright. Luckily, you seem to live in an area where this does not pose a problem. (My apologies to anyone who lives in her district and CAN read a graph or anyone with a learning disability) I am not surprised that extra time is important to you. You most likely need a great deal of extra time to "get ready" and to otherwise function throughout the day. If you are having trouble keeping up with your male colleagues, you should reconsider your career goals. Unfortunately, the Congress of the United States cannot use finger puppets and interpretive dance during debates. You have to comprehend graphs, charts, and big words that are hard to spell. :think:

This made me laugh so hard, I inhaled my tea.

Wouldn't it be great if they could, though :mrgreen:

I'm sure you did them as a child. My state's curriculum standards for math require students to be able to interpret and make pie graphs by the end of fourth grade, as well as line plots, tables, charts, bar graphs and pictographs. And note that that grade designation would mean it can be in the curriculum any time the school deems appropriate between second and fourth grades.

If fourth graders can handle it, adults can regardless of gender.

Exactly...my daughter just finished first grade and they spent a week or so during this past winter on pie charts, with an introduction to the concept of fractions. She doesn't get it completely yet, but I'm sure it will be brought up more in second grade. And we're in southeastern Virginia...not sure if it's considered the Bible Belt officially, but it sure is very red around here.

Growing Up in the South=Stupid????

Bless Your Heart*, Othello.

Glad to know what kind of person you are. Stereotypes are so much easier than nuanced thoughts, aren't they?

*And if you don't know what means when a Southerner says it, ask around. But please be sure to use monosyllables so you won't hurt our tiny brains.

I did some research into how the hell this woman got elected. Evidently, she was a nurse that absolutely hated the Affordable Care Act. She basically ran on a "I'm not the party that had anything to do with the ACA" platform. For a bonus, she was endorsed by Sarah Palin and the donations came rolling in. She was running against Democratic incumbent Bob Etheridge and wasn't a very strong candidate until someone posted a video on the internet of Etheridge getting into a physical altercation with two young students who claimed to be working on a project with him. (Republican strategists later admitted that they were behind orchestrating the episode.) Still, even with that, she only won by 1, 483 votes. :?

Guess that's why she's stuck on "waah, I need more time to get ready!"

ETA: duh, I clearly need some coffee -- I read that as "they were behind in orchestrating" (the campaign, I presumed -- as in "behind schedule")

Then I read it again. Duh, sorry. That is all.

For a bonus, she was endorsed by Sarah Palin and the donations came rolling in.

Kind of interesting that Palin also appalled people in 2008 with her lack of basic knowledge. (HBO’s "Game Change" nailed it.) I wonder if some of this is the Tea Party’s anti-intellectual mindset.

Archived