IGNORED

The Mallys Ruin July 4th

GeoBQn

The Mallys continue their streak of ruining holidays with July 4th.

They provide witnessing tips just for the day.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=12985

They go witnessing at the parade in Cedar Rapids. It turns out one of the guys they tried to witness to used to actually go preaching with them three years ago, but he's fallen away from the lifestyle. Oops.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=13149

Now they are teaching 8-14 year old girls how to witness to gas station employees.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=13183

I'm glad the Mallys were nowhere near Columbus, NC. I'd hate for their 4th celebration to have been ruined by their "witnessing". There was a great fireworks show, funnel cake and blow-up alien vendors, rock music from Larkin's and a couple of drunks. It was a really great time.

I think we should establish a rule that any Mally thread starts with "The Mallys Ruin"... as in The Mallys Ruin Fourth of July, Dating, Virginity, Christmas, Their Childrens' Hopes and Dreams, Candy, Puppies, Kittens, Jesus, you get the idea....

I think we should establish a rule that any Mally thread starts with "The Mallys Ruin"... as in The Mallys Ruin Fourth of July, Dating, Virginity, Christmas, Their Childrens' Hopes and Dreams, Candy, Puppies, Kittens, Jesus, you get the idea....

And St. Paddy's Day, don't forget that one. I think I'd need a keg of green beer to calm down after being harassed by them.

And St. Paddy's Day, don't forget that one. I think I'd need a keg of green beer to calm down after being harassed by them.

I knew I was forgetting another holiday they ruin!

According to their photos....if you wear plaid and a hat, you might just be someone's guilty conscience!

Leave the poor gas station attendants alone! Also the radiant purity conference? :disgust:

Edited to add: Do we think any of their "outreach" at the education conference is true? It's super easy to snap photos and weave a story. But lying is a sin.. They spent over 100K on DVDs and pamphlets for public school teachers? That money could have been better spent...

I'm glad the Mallys were nowhere near Columbus, NC. I'd hate for their 4th celebration to have been ruined by their "witnessing". There was a great fireworks show, funnel cake and blow-up alien vendors, rock music from Larkin's and a couple of drunks. It was a really great time.

Do you live in Columbus? I'm right down the road in Campobello. :)

I just perused their blog. They annoy everyone. Cashiers at Carls Jr. Cashiers at the Rental car. The lone passenger who just want to get to the hotel and order a beer on the shuttle. UGGG.

I must have run into them or one of their followers on the rental shuttle in Las Vegas. This guy starts passing out tracts basically damning Las Vegas and everyone in it or visiting to hell. :pink-shock: As I was one of the few sober people on that bus he focused on me. I as a lone female traveler didn't want any of it. I told him to leave me alone or I'd report him for harassing me. I also said I couldn't wait to get to the black jack table. I think he thought I might have been fundy because I was wearing a long skirt, I just like traveling in them. Honestly this guy and his wife managed to piss everyone on the shuttle off. They didn't tip the driver either, they gave him a track. Fuckers. :roll:

Do you live in Columbus? I'm right down the road in Campobello. :)

I'm a little bit further down highway 14 in Greer. I'd gone to my daughter in Spartanburg for fajitas and then we all went to Columbus. Columbus has a great fireworks show for a little town.

Grace Mally tries to lead a group of teen girls who are eager to witness, only for it to turn into a comedy of errors when something is "wrong" with every location.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=13215

They go to the park, but their aren't a lot of people to talk to.

They go to a free concert in the town square, but it's mostly old people. They were hoping to target junior high and high school kids.

They go to the mall, and there is barely anyone there a half hour before closing.

Goodness knows they can't just enjoy a nice day at the park, a FREE concert, and a stroll in the mall. They need to make it all about how they don't have any marks--er, people to talk with about Jesus.

Clearly, they paint every witnessing encounter as positive and a learning experience, even when it is clear that the people they talk to are not interested. They live about a half hour away, and I know they come to the local mall and downtown where I go frequently. I really wonder what would happen if they approached me and I gave a negative response, if they would say anything on their blog. The last time a missionary didn't take "no" for an answer with me, I half-screamed "NO!" and walked quickly in the wrong direction just to stop the interaction.

Archived