IGNORED

Our Friend Taryn

theologygeek

Hi. Long time lurker. I joined to comment on crazy Taryn who won't use candles on cakes or go to Disney. She comments on zsuzsus blogroll blogs. I see her comments all the time here, gesslerfamilydotblogspot.com . She's a nutterbutter for sure. The birthday post on that blog is where she talks about the candles.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi. Long time lurker. I joined to comment on crazy Taryn who won't use candles on cakes or go to Disney. She comments on zsuzsus blogroll blogs. I see her comments all the time here, gesslerfamilydotblogspot.com . She's a nutterbutter for sure. The birthday post on that blog is where she talks about the candles.

Welcome!

Great find :)

Checking out the Gessler family blog mentioned by turkeylurkey (welcome, btw!) for Taryn craziness, but I had to post this, which was written in the blog proper:

My favorite dinner is white people tacos; I could eat them every night

WTF does that mean?

I had to go see what she's been doing over on the Adventures in Raising Girls/Gessler family blog. A few top hits, although certainly not all:

I read Shirley Temple's great autobiography(one of the reasons we don't put candles on our birthday cakes). Don't forget to wash those reusable shopping bags. I read they can get really germy.

The Abeka(KJ) and Landmark Freedom(KJ) 11th grade American history books list the churches that supported the Patriots during The War for Independence and the ones that supported the British. Most Baptists supported the Patriots, the Pope supported King George,etc. I did hear that the Bob Jones history books were good(rainbowresource,etc.). We mostly used Abeka for history. Some Abeka books we ordered through Christian Liberty Press.

There's a book at answersingenesis called Remote Control by Carl Kerby. On pages 26-29 the author writes about Thomas Edison producing pro-evolution movies. He mentions a few but he did research on a 1915 film. I really liked this book. He writes about tv,movies and books.

We enjoyed Christian Liberty Press's biographies of George Washington($7) and Jedediah Smith($7). We also found Juneteenth interesting. There's a story about Washington's only sister,Betty, on page 44.

I am a New Yorker-Long Islander. Four of my children are native New Yorkers. This was a great sermon. When legal marriage/marriage licences were started in the 1900s it took parental approval away. Marriages were recorded in a Family Bible before that. I am not of the Reformed Theology so I now believe that marriage should never have become state-approved. There are still some churches that will marry using the Family Bible and parental approval with witnesses. The ceremony is done by a pastor that's a man. What's next-a person marrying their child,pet,etc. We know what the polygamists are thinking. We do know what really goes on at those parades but the public isn't told.

mercyseat.net has a post-5 Reasons Why Christians Should Not Obtain a State Marriage License. I do want to add that some Christians believe that you should leave a second/third,etc. marriage and go back to the first marriage covenant spouse(Ezra 10?). There's an interesting book($5) at Rod and Staff called, What the Bible Says About Marriage,Divorce and Remarriage. Then there's the case of the Christian second spouse and the unsaved first spouse. Then there's all the children involved. Sounds like(a form of) legalized polygamy.

Remember that the American black slaves(I have a mixed granddaughter) were married by publicly "jumping over the broom" on the ground. As a tribute to those slaves "black" people jump over the broom today at their marriage ceremonies. Just a thought.

I have found Psalm 119:165 KJ to be helpful-Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. Today is May 5th- at 10 years old-after school- I walked into my house and found my father had committed suicide(by gun). It was a beautiful day like today. He had lost his Italian restaurant and didn't know the Lord-I remember how sad he was. I had two miscarriages and know that loss as well. The joy of the Lord is your strength(Nehemiah 8:10 KJ).

Thanks demgirl...what a wealth of Crazy Taryn.

-If Thomas Edison was an EVILutionist, Taryn better quit using lightbulbs STAT. There could be brainwashing waves coming off them, much like the radiation from Japan.

-I also hope Taryn never files taxes jointly, lists herself as a dependent on her husband's taxes or takes advantage of any other state benefits relating to married couples since she doesn't believe the state should be involved :roll: I'm not sure what parades she's talking about...polygamists don't usually have them, so I'm guessing she means gay pride parades? If that's the case, what exactly does she think they're trying to hide? They usually hold them in public streets and they are often covered by media outlets. They couldn't really hide a whole hell of a lot even if they wanted to. Plus that's kind of counter to the point of a pride parade :?

-I love how she thinks having a "mixed" granddaughter makes her privy to all sorts of things that black people do. I just looked through the wedding photo album of a black friend on facebook, and I'm pretty sure there was no broom jumping. In fact, I've never seen that at any wedding. I imagine some people might want to use that as a sort of tradition, but I have a feeling most people don't actually want to harken back to "slave culture".

When legal marriage/marriage licences were started in the 1900s it took parental approval away. Marriages were recorded in a Family Bible before that. I am not of the Reformed Theology so I now believe that marriage should never have become state-approved. There are still some churches that will marry using the Family Bible and parental approval with witnesses. The ceremony is done by a pastor that's a man. What's next-a person marrying their child,pet,etc. We know what the polygamists are thinking.

Wow, I don't think I've seen the argument before that legalized heterosexual marriage will lead to people marrying their pets.

Oh, she's playing over at Candy's too. Candy is writing a, ah, story? that couldn't possibly be more predictible. You'll have to read it to get the disconnect with Taryn's comments on installment #4.

Taryn said...

I recently read, Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury-the anniversary edition with an interview with the author included after the afterword. I'll never look at tv the same way again. Spanking is mentioned(page 30). Reading this brought to mind a few things in the novel. Children in school, then watching tv after school is mentioned on page 96. The novel mentions the Bible but I think it's left out of the movie,if I remember correctly. I enjoyed grocery shopping with my children. Last night I was in a grocery store with my third granddaughter-18 months old. People fussed over her down almost every aisle. I have to admit that I make racecar(palindrome) noises when I have the cart or stroller at first.

6:06 PM

-I love how she thinks having a "mixed" granddaughter makes her privy to all sorts of things that black people do. I just looked through the wedding photo album of a black friend on facebook, and I'm pretty sure there was no broom jumping. In fact, I've never seen that at any wedding. I imagine some people might want to use that as a sort of tradition, but I have a feeling most people don't actually want to harken back to "slave culture".

No kidding. I don't know if "Jumping the Broom" is a real thing - but I remember it being mentioned in Great Expectations. Although I think it meant marry without permission or something.

Ah... Wikipedia, source of information & misinformation!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_broom

As for harkening back to "slave culture," well,

http://jezebel.com/5833054/italian-vogu ... e-earrings

I'm starting to feel like Taryn, a bunch of randomly connected thoughts that i must share.

This is going to be a completely useless comment because I cannot remember which episode or show, but I remember watching one of those TV wedding shows that featured a black couple who included broom jumping in their ceremony. So it can be a thing. I'm confused by Taryn's comment though--why is she providing her "just a thought"? I need context to see how crazy she's being.

ETA: OK, I found the post that comment is from, and I still really don't know what she's getting at. But I guess that's the point of this whole thread.

Oh, she's playing over at Candy's too. Candy is writing a, ah, story? that couldn't possibly be more predictible. You'll have to read it to get the disconnect with Taryn's comments on installment #4.

Taryn said...

I recently read, Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury-the anniversary edition with an interview with the author included after the afterword. I'll never look at tv the same way again. Spanking is mentioned(page 30). Reading this brought to mind a few things in the novel. Children in school, then watching tv after school is mentioned on page 96. The novel mentions the Bible but I think it's left out of the movie,if I remember correctly. I enjoyed grocery shopping with my children. Last night I was in a grocery store with my third granddaughter-18 months old. People fussed over her down almost every aisle. I have to admit that I make racecar(palindrome) noises when I have the cart or stroller at first.

6:06 PM

I think this is the comment that all fundie crazy incoherence should be measured by. The perfect taryn. The (palindrome) thing is the coup de grace.

BTW I notice that in one of her comments on zoo-zoo'z blog quoted here, she cites galatians-something.blogspot.com. That is/was the blog of someone who was on FJ for awhile, who managed to appear relatively normal for a while, then went totally apeshit all over the rug. She was chex for a while and then had another name. Even at her craziest though she could only manage around 600 millitaryns.

Edited: riffles

This is going to be a completely useless comment because I cannot remember which episode or show, but I remember watching one of those TV wedding shows that featured a black couple who included broom jumping in their ceremony. So it can be a thing. I'm confused by Taryn's comment though--why is she providing her "just a thought"? I need context to see how crazy she's being.

ETA: OK, I found the post that comment is from, and I still really don't know what she's getting at. But I guess that's the point of this whole thread.

Well, I think I remember seeing some trailers for a fairly recent movie called Jumping the Broom, which seemed to focus on one or more black couples getting married. So I can see how some people might consider it a tradition. But I've never seen or heard about it from anyone I've ever known IRL :?

Well, I think I remember seeing some trailers for a fairly recent movie called Jumping the Broom, which seemed to focus on one or more black couples getting married. So I can see how some people might consider it a tradition. But I've never seen or heard about it from anyone I've ever known IRL :?

I went to the wedding of a former co-worker and they jumped the broom. Yes, they were black. (I can't say African American because while they lived here at the time, both were from Jamaica and they were here to go to school. They returned to Jamaica a couple years after their wedding). I always understood it as symbolic when done in the present time, and in the wedding I saw it done it was all symbolism.

BTW I notice that in one of her comments on zoo-zoo'z blog quoted here, she cites galatians-something.blogspot.com. That is/was the blog of someone who was on FJ for awhile, who managed to appear relatively normal for a while, then went totally apeshit all over the rug. She was chex for a while and then had another name. Even at her craziest though she could only manage around 600 millitaryns.

Edited: riffles

Yes, she also went by bilbebeliver2. I've checked her blog a few times. She is crazy into the symbolism. She has an entire post dedicated to the occult symbols from the royal wedding.

I remember seeing something like this too. If we were both watching the same thing, I am pretty sure it was from an episode of Four Weddings on TLC. One of the more recent ones I think, probably from the last two weeks.

Yes, she also went by bilbebeliver2. I've checked her blog a few times. She is crazy into the symbolism. She has an entire post dedicated to the occult symbols from the royal wedding.

I remember her! She started of normal and then in like one post turned absolutely crazy and never went back to normal town. She is right up Taryn's alley, but I don't think they are the same person.

I vaguely remember all that about Chex/biblebeliever2/whatever. Can someone refresh my memory? I went back to the old forum to have a look-see, but the search function doesn't work. What was her other username? There was one more, wasn't there?

I remember her! She started of normal and then in like one post turned absolutely crazy and never went back to normal town. She is right up Taryn's alley, but I don't think they are the same person.

No I don't think chex is Tayrn, the writing styles are not the same. However, she could be Tayrn's friend in Kentucky who she calls for concurrence.

RE: Jumping the Broom Stick

In my many trips into my history books I have found more than just a few references to broomstick jumping. During slavery times, marriage was one of the many things illegal for slaves or even free blacks. Jumping the broom gives the feeling of having a proper ceremony to cement one to the other, they wanted that just as the whites did. Some were lucky enough to have a kindly master who might read out of a bible but they wanted legal proof they were married to make it harder to be separated, but of course that didn't matter. Also if their masters were not in agreement of the marriage and they jumped the broom anyway, then one or both could face death.

Very sick and tragic times.

I vaguely remember all that about Chex/biblebeliever2/whatever. Can someone refresh my memory? I went back to the old forum to have a look-see, but the search function doesn't work. What was her other username? There was one more, wasn't there?

This is the thread I remember her from the most. I'm not sure if it was her flounce thread or not. It started out as a rant against public schools, then about how she was mad that as a substitute teacher the kids colored "world citizen badges" then it went into the evils of globalization and I can't remember where it finally ended up.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/5614/P ... lLN6kfNpcM

No I don't think chex is Tayrn, the writing styles are not the same. However, she could be Tayrn's friend in Kentucky who she calls for concurrence.

Nope, chex/biblebeliever2 is from SC. She posts on the FFF (Fighting Fundamental Forums - an IFB message board) as "Lisa Ruby" (may be her real name, but I'd guess someone that paranoid would use a fake one), and is pretty much considered a loon over there, too (which is saying something because the board is about 2/3 loons and sockpuppets). I was pretty sure I recognized her posting style when she showed up here, and later saw her post the galatians4 blog there.

Her other site is: libertytothecaptives.net

The FFF forum profile is : http://www.fundamentalforums.com/members/lisa-ruby.html

Meanwhile, in the Phillips household, Beall's definitely a Martha and Doug's definitely a Mary.

Cue nTk's spittake!

:lol: :bow-yellow: :laughing-rofl::laughing-rollingyellow:

I was always hoping that Taryn hadn't had anything terrible in her past that drove her crazy (an 'organic nutter', so to speak) or at least didn't disclose it publicly. Now I know that as a child she found her father's corpse, I just feel really sad. Poor Taryn. :(

Archived