IGNORED

IHOP Prayer-Cult

neuroticcat

That is just messed up and scary!! I so hope neither of my children ever fall prey to something like that.

I feel awful for the girl with cerebral palsy who was dragged out of her wheelchair and around the chapel. If I used a mobility device and was separated from it and physically dragged around like a prop in someone's religious drama, I'd be scared and also furious. I would think she was under a lot of pressure to act not-disabled in order to support the group's beliefs after that. I hope she was able to find another group quickly.

I feel awful for the girl with cerebral palsy who was dragged out of her wheelchair and around the chapel. If I used a mobility device and was separated from it and physically dragged around like a prop in someone's religious drama, I'd be scared and also furious. I would think she was under a lot of pressure to act not-disabled in order to support the group's beliefs after that. I hope she was able to find another group quickly.

How sad that they did that to the poor girl.

That was really interesting. I'll have to follow this story and see what becomes of her husband

A church I attended many years ago got affiliated with IHOP and the senior pastor and his family moved to KC. One of the names in that article makes me wonder even more. The name is the same as one of the senior pastor's children. Is there any more information available?

There was a thread here about the Bethany Deaton case. I have looked up some stuff on IHOP and some sites, people who live in KC label it as a cult and they have mentioned IHOP have security guards patrolling the IHOP center and the housing areas and the security guards are known to follow cars around. There are a few ex-IHOP/anti-IHOP blogs on the net.

First time poster here. The author of this piece has a blog that's pretty interesting. I've read through some of it. He's working on a memoir also.

thetalkingllama.wordpress.com/ ( hope I did that right to break the link)

There is an interview with him on the second page. I haven't watched it yet since it's pretty long. There was another piece about the group in rolling stone a bit ago that I think was posted here. This is the link to that:

rollingstone.com/culture/news/love-and-death-in-the-house-of-prayer-20140121

The Oh No! Ross and Carrie podcast did an investigation of their local IHOP location

http://ohnopodcast.com/investigations/2014/5/1/ross-and-carrie-and-the-pihop-prayer-prophecy-pizza-edition (didn't break I don't think they would care)

I used to think they were just weird...never thought they were dangerous too!

A friend from high school went to "college" at IHOP. She is now in an ohio affiliate of HOP and is a snake oil saleswoman.

Also, she used the book of common prayer at IHOP in her prayer sessions and yet rails against the episcopal church for their stance on the Gayz on FB. Which really grinds my gears.

Tyler Deaton was scrubbed from directories, etc and the official IHOP group leadership roles when IHOP was painting him as a one off.

Lou Engle is a former housemate of KS Gov. Sam Brownback, while Sam was a senator in DC. He is also one of Brownbacks (current or former) spiritual advisors.

Perry's big prayer fest "The Response" was managed and put together by a variety of organizations led by IHOP members and leader.

Does anyone else read Tyler Deaton's claims of his holiness (able to see the sin in people, saw demons in front of the school library, could hear conversations people were having across campus) as symptoms of mental illness?

I urge everyone to watch a documentary (on Netflix right now) called God Loves Uganda. It features the IHOP cult & shows how their cultish arms are now focused, & somewhat succeeding, in turning the entire country of Uganda into one big IHOP cult. It also shows how influential they were in the most recent Ugandan laws regarding homosexuality. It's bone chilling stuff.

Archived