IGNORED

FRC Calls For Boycott Of All Public Schools

salex

After DC Principal Comes Out

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/top-anti-gay-group-calls-for-boycott-of-all-public-schools-after-dc-principal-comes-out/discrimination/2014/06/06/88706

Perkins lamented on his daily “Washington Watch†radio program that Principal Pete Cahall came out “as a homosexual, and that was celebrated — the school district tweeted it out.â€

“Eighty-three percent of the students coming out of the District of Columbia are not proficient in reading skills, but they know how to celebrate gay pride,†Perkins cried. “As we drop further and further in the global ranking of math and science scores, at least our kids will understand sex-ed. Amazing.â€

“If you have your children in public schools, unless you’re in a district where you know exactly what’s going on in some rural part of the country where values are still embraced, you really need to think about whether or not you want to expose your kids to what’s happening in our public school system. I would encourage you to look for other alternatives.â€

I am starting to wonder how attracted to men Tony Perkins of FRC :gay-umbrella: must be given he talks this shit every day-- are there no other moral high horses that catch his attention?

I read that title and all I could think was "do people who follow the FRC even have their kids in public schools?" and then my second thought was "good riddance either way." Since kids are most likely to follow their parent's beliefs, I'd much rather have those kids away from the people who have come out or other people question. It's already hard enough for those kids, dont need to make it worse by making them attend schools where FRC children are attending.

I read that title and all I could think was "do people who follow the FRC even have their kids in public schools?" and then my second thought was "good riddance either way." Since kids are most likely to follow their parent's beliefs, I'd much rather have those kids away from the people who have come out or other people question. It's already hard enough for those kids, dont need to make it worse by making them attend schools where FRC children are attending.

I don't think many of the followers of FRC have their children in public schools, as they seem more like the type to homeschool them if they don't send them to a religious private school. Either way, if those follower do pull their kids out of public school, then I would say "good riddance." :banana-rainbow: :gay-rainbowflag::gay-umbrella::happy-wavemulticolor:

After DC Principal Comes Out

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/top-anti-gay-group-calls-for-boycott-of-all-public-schools-after-dc-principal-comes-out/discrimination/2014/06/06/88706

Perkins lamented on his daily “Washington Watch†radio program that Principal Pete Cahall came out “as a homosexual, and that was celebrated — the school district tweeted it out.â€

“Eighty-three percent of the students coming out of the District of Columbia are not proficient in reading skills, but they know how to celebrate gay pride,†Perkins cried. “As we drop further and further in the global ranking of math and science scores, at least our kids will understand sex-ed. Amazing.â€

“If you have your children in public schools, unless you’re in a district where you know exactly what’s going on in some rural part of the country where values are still embraced, you really need to think about whether or not you want to expose your kids to what’s happening in our public school system. I would encourage you to look for other alternatives.â€

I am starting to wonder how attracted to men Tony Perkins of FRC :gay-umbrella: must be given he talks this shit every day-- are there no other moral high horses that catch his attention?

Yes, because the Duggar children are a such a testament to having proficient reading skills. They all have impeccable grammar and read books besides the Bible. This prepares them to read and understand more complex literature. They also value science and math. They learned all about evolution and other scientific principles.

Oh wait. They didn't.

In my mind, the new poster child for fundie homeschool fail is Bowe Bergdahl. His parents might not have instructed him in the

classics like say reading and math, but they sure taught him that he was a special snowflake who could just leave if he didn't like

something.

You know what? There ARE real problems with Washington DC's public schools. A principal coming out is not one of them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01415.html

The majority of public school students there are poor. Other than Charter schools, they have no other options. Many student do not come from families that speak English. That's part of the reason for lower test scores, and it would also make it almost impossible to homeschool.

FRC has nothing to say about the real problems with the school board. They have nothing to offer those who don't have choices. They don't represent those folks.

You know what, I'm so angry that I AM going to boycott public school. I'm leaving on Friday and not going back until the last week of August. Take THAT gays!

You know what? There ARE real problems with Washington DC's public schools. A principal coming out is not one of them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01415.html

The majority of public school students there are poor. Other than Charter schools, they have no other options. Many student do not come from families that speak English. That's part of the reason for lower test scores, and it would also make it almost impossible to homeschool.

FRC has nothing to say about the real problems with the school board. They have nothing to offer those who don't have choices. They don't represent those folks.

:text-+1: Exactly this! DC is a strange land where you are either super rich or at/below the poverty line. How can families struggling to make ends meet homeschool their kids or send them to private schools?

If he wants to keep the fundie kids out of public school, great! My kid doesn't need to be around their prejudice and hate.

If he wants to keep the fundie kids out of public school, great! My kid doesn't need to be around their prejudice and hate.

I don't have kids & I completely agree w/ u.

So are they going to pay for my children's private and/or homeschool education? If so I'll take the offer. Plus college expenses.

In my mind, the new poster child for fundie homeschool fail is Bowe Bergdahl. His parents might not have instructed him in the

classics like say reading and math, but they sure taught him that he was a special snowflake who could just leave if he didn't like

something.

According to many reports, he deserted because he ended up not supporting the war and believing it was wrong after he was there and saw what was happening. You might remember a lot of people in the US protesting against this war for being wrong. How can we condemn a soldier who felt the same way and preferred to leave instead of continue doing work that could have had civilians killed? I support our troops and all, but can't get behind condemning a soldier for taking the same stance on the war as I have, and millions of us have.

I'm glad we got Bergdahl back. There is so much we don't know about this story, and I am horrified by the spin Fox News has put on it.

But by all accounts, Bergdahl kept wandering off the base without permission.

(I don't know if he's a deserter or not. That's why the military has the Article 85 hearings. I doubt they can prove it).

But deciding you disagree and then wandering off the base is not really a great idea for military employees.

I blame the fundie homeschooling. However, I wil say it's certaininly possible that he had some type of mental breakdown.

In all the spin by Fox news and the other networks, I never heard one mention of his fundie homeschooling.

I think that goes against Fox's narrative that religious based homeschooling is soooo much preferable to the evil

public schools. Just my two cents worth.

According to many reports, he deserted because he ended up not supporting the war and believing it was wrong after he was there and saw what was happening. You might remember a lot of people in the US protesting against this war for being wrong. How can we condemn a soldier who felt the same way and preferred to leave instead of continue doing work that could have had civilians killed? I support our troops and all, but can't get behind condemning a soldier for taking the same stance on the war as I have, and millions of us have.

Four letters: UCMJ

In other words: that's not how the military works. You don't get to go "nah, I don't feel like doing this anymore."

He knew, going in to the Army, what he was doing. He took the following oath (emphasis mine).

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

There are three reasons to disobey an order:

1) It is countermanded by another order

2) Unable to perform said order (i.e. you are dead)

3) The order is unlawful.

Now, if he believed it was unlawful to be in the war, he shouldn't have become a soldier in the first place. However, others have tired, and failed on that when refusing to deploy because they feel it was unlawful.

He's a deserter, and good men died trying to find him. He has no pity from me.

EDA:

While I feel there is enough evidence to charge him with desertion (hard to prove intent to never return), I'm sure it'll get reduced to an article 86 UA charge (Unauthorized Absence). I wouldn't mind seeing a conduct unbecoming charge (or something, using article 134, since he's not an officer). And since there are reports he taught the Taliban stuff, maybe an article 105. Hopefully resulting in a dishonorable discharge and some prison time.

I'm glad we got Bergdahl back. There is so much we don't know about this story, and I am horrified by the spin Fox News has put on it.

Well, and let's face it, if he chose not rescue Bergdahl, the cry from conservatives would have been 'Oh, how could Obama leave a man behind??'

I’ve been seeing many Facebook comments from some family members about how we should have left Bergdahl with the Taliban, how he deserved everything he suffered there, and so on. We do not know the whole story, though. It appears he deserted his post and was, in general, disruptive to his unit among other things. If that is true, then yes, he should be dealt with. You cannot do those things. Then again, maybe he was griping a lot about his duties and how he didn’t like them, pissed off his fellow soldiers, then wandered off to take a pee and got captured. How much of the Fox News stories are the truth and how much are Republican, after the fact spin. There should be an investigation and trial. But he should be dealt with by the US Army. Investigated and tried as a member of the army and as an American citizen, and then punished for whatever crimes he may have committed according to American law. I wasn't aware that we have a procedure in place where if you desert your post or otherwise break the law, you get turned over to the Taliban. Good deterrent though that may be…

Unfortunately, I really can't debate too much with my relatives. It gives my mother heartburn. We just stay away from politics, and each are secretly grateful that the other can only vote once. :P

just ask them if he was your child would you leave him? takes care of that argument. got to love the Christians that judge him.

Well, and let's face it, if he chose not rescue Bergdahl, the cry from conservatives would have been 'Oh, how could Obama leave a man behind??'

Obama was basically damned if he did, damned if he didn't. No matter what choice he made, the Republicans had always planned to nail his ass to the wall. So, he did what he felt was right. Normal folks may agree or disagree with his actions, but Republican politicians had planned from the beginning to take the opposite view of whatever Obama decided to do. I don't think there is a single one of them that had a view they were going to stick to regardless of Obama's stance and actions.

There are very conservative Christians who have their kids in public schools for different reasons. Sometimes it boils down to families who can't afford for the mother to stay home and homeschool and/or they cant' afford private religious schools. My mom worked with a woman whose daughter became a very devout conservative Southern Baptist, after marrying one. The daughter and her husband experienced several financial problems in the early years of their marriage and the daughter decided to go into the workforce. Her kids were in public schools for several years and the daughter had issues with several things. They did send the two older kids to a private Christian high school and the youngest child remained in public school.

Archived