IGNORED

Joshua Maxwell turned 2.

Justme

Fathers Day Post:

NR Anna is grateful for the time Steve spends with Joshua, Joshua only. Nothing about being Grandpa to the little girl.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fathers Day Post:

NR Anna is grateful for the time Steve spends with Joshua, Joshua only. Nothing about being Grandpa to the little girl.

What a snoozer of a post. They're all grateful for Steve's spiritual leadership and his willingness to listen even if it's inconvenient. Blah, blah, blah -- same post, different year.

I took the NR Anna post just to mean that (a) she feels pretty lucky at the moment that anyone will play with her son because he's undoubtedly much more active than any of the girls ever have been -- he's a boy and they are BUSY!, and (b) Ruthanne is still just too little to really play with so it's probably not really on her radar to mention Steve's interactions with her.

I actually found the father's day post pretty interesting. Most all of the kids cited Steve's availability and willingness to take time out of his day to listen and counsel as one of his best traits. I also found it interesting that Nathan and Melanie were the only ones that didn't say either:

A. How "blessed" they were to have Steve in their lives. Just "grateful," or "appreciative."

B. How much devotion/trust/love Steve has in the lord.

C. How much he loves and serves Jesus.

In fact, neither Nathan nor Melanie mentioned anything about Steve from a religious perspective. Hm.

Perhaps they are getting ready for their annual "what some may call a vacation".

Though it is a good quality, that Stevie takes time out of his schedule to listen and help his children, the cynic in me thinks that it's just another way for him to guide control them.

Poor Sarah writed:

–Due to our schedule this week, we won’t be able to approve comments, so we’re disabling comments for this post and the next.–

Wonder what they are up too? OK Stevie has to work out which comments are genuine :wink-penguin: and edit most of them, but does it really take that long?

Though it is a good quality, that Stevie takes time out of his schedule to listen and help his children, the cynic in me thinks that it's just another way for him to guide control them.

Poor Sarah writed:

–Due to our schedule this week, we won’t be able to approve comments, so we’re disabling comments for this post and the next.–

Wonder what they are up too? OK Stevie has to work out which comments are genuine :wink-penguin: and edit most of them, but does it really take that long?

He doesn't want to deal with comments concerning Grandad such as Happy Fathers Day to Teri's dad.

He doesn't want to deal with comments concerning Grandad such as Happy Fathers Day to Teri's dad.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Teri got 1 or 2 comments with Mother's Day wishes to Steve's Mom. They probably don't want to "deal" with comments for Teri's Dad. They may not want to "offend" a "true fan" by not posting their comment as is.

OK, I'm in a really bad mood or I wouldn't have opened a Maxhell topic and certainly not gone to their blog.

So this really just shot the ole blood pressure up about 100 points over and under:

We celebrated both Mother’s and Father’s Day today, June 14th. Due to unusual circumstances, we ended up not being able to properly celebrate on Mother’s Day nor Father’s Day, tomorrow.

Deaths of one spouse's father and the other spouse's mother = unusual circumstances, hmm??

"properly celebrate on Mother's Day nor Father's Day" = idolizing a couple of human-made, commercially promoted events? I say "yes."

Who follows these people with straight faces???? I ask you!

how much time does it take them to moderate comments? does it fuck up the ceiling fan dusting schedule? i don't think they have many comments to begin with

how much time does it take them to moderate comments? does it fuck up the ceiling fan dusting schedule? i don't think they have many comments to begin with

No, I think they've realized that 95% of the comments come from us. Moderating comments with such a high percentage of heathen senders is hardly worth it, is it?

With as few comments as they seem to get it would only take two to five minutes a day. I vote that they simply don't want to deal with the deceased relative angle and people sending wishes. Why they didn't put up simple posts saying that they were now deceased and not allowing comments on them as the easy solution is something I can't understand.

Steve actually caught on to my alter, Angela Davis, pretty quickly.

I should have chosen someone not associated with the 60s or 70s - the last decades in which Steve had any cultural awareness.

Steve actually caught on to my alter, Angela Davis, pretty quickly.

I should have chosen someone not associated with the 60s or 70s - the last decades in which Steve had any cultural awareness.

The trick is to keep it ultra simple. You can always safely use names like Elizabeth, Mary, Anna, Ruth, Abigail, etc. They can't argue with any of those, as they are classic names that most fundies use, and many of them the Maxwells themselves have used. In any case, if they have a problem with someone named "Anna Jones," they also have a problem with someone named "Anna Maxwell." And I'd just love to see the Maxwells have a problem with themselves :lol:

As much as it pains me to snark about Melanie, her comment about valuing work being rare in this day and age just grates. I think these people truly believe that the rest of us just sit on our asses watching The Beast all day.

I think these people truly believe that the rest of us just sit on our asses watching The Beast all day.

I think u r right!! I know tons of people myself included who have great work ethics but still like to watch TV.

What; may I ask, is this wonderful father doing that keeps him so damn busy? Of course he is available, how else can he keep control?

Apropos nothing, I think it is hilarious that most of the replies come from us. They do have an effect on us, it is true, just not the one they would like to have.

I wonder if what is keeping them so busy this week is moving Grandma out of her house (hopefully, to Teri's sister's house, but I doubt it) and starting to fix up the house for Stevie and Teri to write in...er, I mean, for John.

As much as it pains me to snark about Melanie, her comment about valuing work being rare in this day and age just grates. I think these people truly believe that the rest of us just sit on our asses watching The Beast all day.

Yes, I'm sure Melanie would take serious umbrage with someone like me - closing in on 40 years of full-time work, earning my own living, paying my taxes, doing my best to make a positive contribution in a non-profit, service-oriented environment... :angry-banghead:

I wonder if what is keeping them so busy this week is moving Grandma out of her house (hopefully, to Teri's sister's house, but I doubt it) and starting to fix up the house for Stevie and Teri to write in...er, I mean, for John.

Didn't think of that (moving grandma out of her house). But that easily could be that.

I really Gma isn't moving. She just lost her husband, the last thing she needs to do is move from her home. When anyone looses a spouse, they shouldn't move for at least a year if at all possible.

I really Gma isn't moving. She just lost her husband, the last thing she needs to do is move from her home. When anyone looses a spouse, they shouldn't move for at least a year if at all possible.

I agree, but these are the Maxwells. If it's on the schedule, emotional readiness be damned, they do it.

Apropos of nothing: have the Maxwell's had ANY conferences this year?

I looked they had 1 or 2 this year. Which is nothing compared to what they use to have.

Edited because I know the difference from looked & honk. Dame phone.

I honk they had 1 or 2 this year. Which is nothing compared to what they use to have.

They had a family "brainstorming" conference at Casa de Maxwell earlier this year, which is ironic cuz none of them have a brain.

Archived