IGNORED

Joshua Maxwell turned 2.

Justme

That could be, but wouldn't they at least put a little note in honor of and say that out of respect they were going to have a time of reflection without posting? It's really odd that they didn't do a tribute of some kind.

That's what weirds me out - not that they didn't post about Grandpa's death and funeral (I really don't want to see posed Maxwells grinning over a casket) but that they have kept posting their usual inane trivialities, complete with the posed happy photos.

They post about the deaths of the random elderly they minister at, but when the beloved grandfather who lives RIGHT NEXT DOOR dies it's business at usual at Titus2? The ABC girls must be affected and upset.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know...maybe they are trying to do stuff to distract themselves from the loss. People deal with grief differently and we all know the Maxwell family is VERY different. I'm just shocked they all went to a park! A real park with other types of people lurking around.

I find the non-home party with store bought cupcakes to be very out of character for them. I know one of the girls would have happily baked a cake. So I wonder if Anna Marie was in the mood to do something different and on her own?

I don't blame them for not posting. It is hard to find what to say in the format of a blog post when you are talking about someones life. As for the party and things I don't find it odd that they would go on and have it. Life goes on. I am guessing they are also taking some comfort in his death. He was older and maybe was in a lot of pain. They believe his pain is over and he is in heaven.

This post makes me wonder though- if they don't reveal something as big as this- what else are they hiding??

I don't blame them for not posting. It is hard to find what to say in the format of a blog post when you are talking about someones life. As for the party and things I don't find it odd that they would go on and have it. Life goes on. I am guessing they are also taking some comfort in his death. He was older and maybe was in a lot of pain. They believe his pain is over and he is in heaven.

This post makes me wonder though- if they don't reveal something as big as this- what else are they hiding??

Same thought here. I don't blame them at all for not posting about it if they don't feel ready or feel that it's too personal, it just makes me wonder what else they are keeping from the public.

And I'm with Tangy Bee. I can't believe they went to a real park where other people could have been around, especially since the month of June is ripe for defrauding clothing.

Why would they be sad Grandpa died? He's up in heaven with Jesus. In fact, he's probably sad that everyone else is still here and has to suffer in this world. They should be happy he's in paradise celebrating with Jesus.

That's what JB told one of the howlers when his dad died. Seriously.

I find the non-home party with store bought cupcakes to be very out of character for them. I know one of the girls would have happily baked a cake. So I wonder if Anna Marie was in the mood to do something different and on her own?

Someone asked and they said Anna Marie made the cupcakes. I guess maybe a recycled container?

Someone asked and they said Anna Marie made the cupcakes. I guess maybe a recycled container?

:D They asked if "Anna" made the cupcakes. Stevie answered: Christopher's Anna Marie made them! Anna is not a person, she belongs to Christopher... :pull-hair:

:D They asked if "Anna" made the cupcakes. Stevie answered: Christopher's Anna Marie made them! Anna is not a person, she belongs to Christopher... :pull-hair:

I really want to say that he's made the distinction bc Steve's daughter is also Anna. But given the kind of person he is, you're right. Why would anyone allow their daughter to marry into this brand of crazy??

Why would they be sad Grandpa died? He's up in heaven with Jesus. In fact, he's probably sad that everyone else is still here and has to suffer in this world. They should be happy he's in paradise celebrating with Jesus.

That's what JB told one of the howlers when his dad died. Seriously.

I can understand this part but people still have to grieve. When my grandmother died it was very hard for me. She was like a second mom to me and even if I knew she was in heaven with god out of pain, there was still pain and sadness. I wonder if fundies actually grieve and mourn loss.

I'm surprised they celebrate birthdays. Birthdays mean fun and there is no such thing as fun in the maxwell home. I'm glad Joshua had his party, he's only two once.

I think Joshies party was sweet. It was just a family gathering at a local park with pizza and cupcakes. It was nice the little kids had a chance to run and play.

The Maxwell's don't blog for "us", they blog for their fans, customers, and potential conference attendees. Gpa has been mentioned in their blog many times. People know he was in poor health. A simple blog of his picture, birth and death dates, plus a nice bible verse would have been enough. The same with Steve's Mom.

I think Joshies party was sweet. It was just a family gathering at a local park with pizza and cupcakes. It was nice the little kids had a chance to run and play.

The Maxwell's don't blog for "us", they blog for their fans, customers, and potential conference attendees. Gpa has been mentioned in their blog many times. People know he was in poor health. A simple blog of his picture, birth and death dates, plus a nice bible verse would have been enough. The same with Steve's Mom.

This is what I have been saying. Sure, they can go on and post their bizarre staged life, but continue to do it without even a mention of three parents dying within a few weeks is just weird.

And you can buy those cupcake boxes at cake decorating store and other such places.

I'm surprised they celebrate birthdays. Birthdays mean fun and there is no such thing as fun in the maxwell home. I'm glad Joshua had his party, he's only two once.

I'm surprised also. I think they do give gifts for the girls cause Abigail got a balance bike a few years back.

That surprises me as well. They totally seem like the types to skip birthdays all together.

I can understand this part but people still have to grieve. When my grandmother died it was very hard for me. She was like a second mom to me and even if I knew she was in heaven with god out of pain, there was still pain and sadness. I wonder if fundies actually grieve and mourn loss.

I'm sorry about your grandmother :cry: I wasn't actually saying that people shouldn't grieve and be sad about loved ones dying. I was just being snarky about what fundies say about death, which I think is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm pretty certain they do grieve and mourn loss. The Duggars didn't really cry much when Grandpa died and they didn't seem as upset as I would think they would, especially since he lived with them for so long. But they sure as hell flipped shit when Jubilee died. Hell J'chelle can still make me tear up with that episode. They didn't cry in their TH with grandpa but with Jubilee, you could barely understand J'chelle at times. Grandpa got your normal church funeral. Jubilee got a mega church with thousands of people there. So maybe they only mourn for certain people :shrug:

Gpa has been mentioned in their blog many times. People know he was in poor health. A simple blog of his picture, birth and death dates, plus a nice bible verse would have been enough. The same with Steve's Mom.

This. I completely agree with this. They could just put a simple blog entry with his picture and birth/death dates. The end. I'm surprised Stevie wouldn't want the sympathy attention.

That surprises me as well. They totally seem like the types to skip birthdays all together.

I'm surprised too. I thought the Maxwells would be like some conservative Muslims I know who don't celebrate birthdays because it emphasizes one's self over the community or places one's birthday next to the Prophet's birthday. I would have been willing to bet that Steve would take this line of thinking.

Of course, considering how Steve reads here, maybe we shouldn't give him any ideas...

This. I completely agree with this. They could just put a simple blog entry with his picture and birth/death dates. The end. I'm surprised Stevie wouldn't want the sympathy attention.

Agree!! Espically since I think their "fans" r invested on how he is doing.

Is Mary wearing makeup? She's clearly having a breakout but there's very little redness. Maybe some powder and/or concealer? Interesting if she is seeing as how back in the day "everyone preferred" how Sarah looked without makeup so she stopped wearing it.

They have said before that they sometimes cancel a kids birthday if they become too "self" focused before it.

Steve posted another one of his Dads posts:

dads.titus2.com/

Respect is something we men crave.

Being respectable means striving to:

Meet my wife’s and children’s emotional and physical needs

Following through on my commitments

Guiding my family spiritually

Making right choices

Not being gross

Being diligent

Being kind

Impossible? Not when we are in Christ and willing to surrender.

What the hell is "not being gross"? Does he mean like farting at the dinner table or picking his nose?? :?

Congratulations! Your post has been awarded a Helpmeet Raptureversary Award. Check out Community Discussion for more details.

What the hell is "not being gross"? Does he mean like farting at the dinner table or picking his nose?? :?

I think he means not masturbating into socks. Teri must get tired of having to clean the devices Steve uses in order to not 'spill his seed'. :lol:

So I was looking through the blog, and this is the first time they've acknowledged a grandchild's birthday. I'm not really surprised. His birth was certainly greeted with more excitement than Christina's.

Who, by the way, also turns two this Sunday. We'll see if they do a birthday post for her. Doubt it.

I wonder if the cupcakes are actually store bought and Anna added the blue frosting, which I think is a great idea; especially considering what the family was going through at the time. It is nice that Joshua had a a treat made just for him but, if they did take a "shortcut," why not just tell the readers? It could be viewed as a helpful hint. I would not put it past Steve to call those cupcakes homemade even if she just did a little bit of decorating.

Archived