IGNORED

Joshua Maxwell turned 2.

Justme

They had a party in the park with pizza and cupcakes. Little Ruthie is a cutie and has grown so much. They said "Joshua loves Gigi's lawnmower". Nothing about Gpa. I guess the mower is from the prior post.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday Josh! Looks like they celebrated on Sunday cuz they are wearing the exact same clothes. Tina's b-day is coming up, will they have a party for her?

Tina's b-day is coming up, will they have a party for her?

I wonder the same thing. I don't remember seeing pictures of any b-day parties for the granddaughters.

I wonder the same thing. I don't remember seeing pictures of any b-day parties for the granddaughters.

Maybe they get to party with Melanie's side of the family?

I don't know why, but it struck me as odd that they didn't make the cake.

I don't know why, but it struck me as odd that they didn't make the cake.

I hope they had another box of cupcakes, otherwise I think they ran out (12 cupcakes for 16 people, not counting Ruthann)

I hope they had another box of cupcakes, otherwise I think they ran out (12 cupcakes for 16 people, not counting Ruthann)

You think Maxwells get to eat an entire cupcake each? What are you thinking? :lol:

You think Maxwells get to eat an entire cupcake each? What are you thinking? :lol:

I'm guessing Steve and Teri abstained. Just seems like them.

I'm guessing Steve and Teri abstained. Just seems like them.

Maybe Gigi abstained too.

What was Joshua doing with that walker? Does it belong to someone connect with the Maxwells?

What was Joshua doing with that walker? Does it belong to someone connect with the Maxwells?

I just assumed it was Gigi's, if she was actually there. Mary's eyes and smile really freaked me out in that post.

I just assumed it was Gigi's, if she was actually there. Mary's eyes and smile really freaked me out in that post.

I thought it was Gigi's also. & agree about Mary's eyes.

Damn, they are weird. GRANDPA JUST DIED. He is DEAD! Why is everyone so damn HAPPY in Maxhell? :o :o :o :o

Damn, they are weird. GRANDPA JUST DIED. He is DEAD! Why is everyone so damn HAPPY in Maxhell? :o :o :o :o

I can see why they would go ahead with Joshua's birthday. Being around little ones can be a comfort when you're grieving. Maybe Grandpa would have wanted it that way. Besides, Josh is only going to turn two once in his life. Kids grow up so fast, it's important to treasure every moment. So no, I don't see anything wrong with having a birthday party so soon after Grandpa's death. However, you'd think at least somebody in that family would look a little sad or subdued or perhaps worn out from all the grief and stress. But the Maxwells look the same as always.

I didn't see Nathan or Melanie in the pics. Anna and Mary seemed to be taking care of the ABC girls. That's two fewer cupcakes to worry about. I guess everyone DID get exactly ONE cupcake!

I guess this means Gigi is staying put for the time being? I wonder exactly how mobile she is and/or how much help she needs to do daily tasks? I guess Poor Sarah is charged with her care; Anna cooks and Mary cleans at Maxhell Central.

eta: Abby is developing the Teri Maxwell mouth.

I thought it was Gigi's also. & agree about Mary's eyes.

I'm assuming the walker is the 'lawn mower' mentioned at the beginning of the post. A two yr old probably thinks anything you push along is a lawn mower (that and the fact it was in quotes.)

Why on earth would you not have a birthday party for a child after the death? I think the whole prescribed grieving thing went out in Victorian times. Actually probably a nice wee outing for the Grandmother and having it in the park probably makes sense as that is quite a few toddlers. Almost dare I say it.....a bit normal for the Maxwells :lol:

I take it the birthday party was in 'what some would call a park' and not in ' aunties park' within the compound as it looks too colourful and gay to be 'aunties park'.

I would imagine Stevie had the reversal boys on the park gates, handing out tracts to keep the locals out.

Around here a lot of toddler parents are doing cupcakes instead of a cake for birthdays. No knives, easy individual serving, and from pictures I have seen, really cute decorating options. Just some: flowers, Elmos, dinosaurs, Cailou faces.

I remember grieving and the nibling birthday parties being a small oasis of temporary happiness in a sea of misery, so I don't have an issue with them looking happy in those pictures. You put on your game face and play normal for the kids you love, and do your cracking up in privacy. What is weird is that they are so public about their lives, and have not acknowledged the death on their public blog.

I can see why they would go ahead with Joshua's birthday. Being around little ones can be a comfort when you're grieving. Maybe Grandpa would have wanted it that way. Besides, Josh is only going to turn two once in his life. Kids grow up so fast, it's important to treasure every moment. So no, I don't see anything wrong with having a birthday party so soon after Grandpa's death. However, you'd think at least somebody in that family would look a little sad or subdued or perhaps worn out from all the grief and stress. But the Maxwells look the same as always.

Exactly. But not only have they not mentioned Granddad's death, they are posting happy fun times in Maxhell. Steve is missing so many opportunities to promote his beliefs and his family. death, new birth, life. I am confused.

Honestly, I would have thought it kind of sad if they had canceled Joshua's birthday party. They're only little once, and I can't see how skipping his little celebration would make things any better.

I thought the cupcakes were adorable, and I like that his parents had pizza for everyone.

Here lately I am surrounded by people who try to minimize their kids birthdays to the point of practically not acknowledging them, OR go the complete opposite direction and make it into a 3 ring circus, complete with customized favors, wildly expensive cakes, and professional photographers.

Needless to say, I liked the days when birthday parties were held in backyards. Toss in a cake, some balloons, and streamers and you've got a party :P

What I noticed was only one picture of the birthday boy's mom. All pics were filled with original Maxwells and the grand kids. Even it was just Chris helping with the cupcakes. Poor NR Anna probably got pushed to the side.

Around here a lot of toddler parents are doing cupcakes instead of a cake for birthdays. No knives, easy individual serving, and from pictures I have seen, really cute decorating options. Just some: flowers, Elmos, dinosaurs, Cailou faces.

I remember grieving and the nibling birthday parties being a small oasis of temporary happiness in a sea of misery, so I don't have an issue with them looking happy in those pictures. You put on your game face and play normal for the kids you love, and do your cracking up in privacy. What is weird is that they are so public about their lives, and have not acknowledged the death on their public blog.

Maybe Gigi asked them not to post about it? I remember being very pissed off at my brother posting my degree results on his rather public facebook profile (without even asking me first), not because I wasn't proud of my results (I was thrilled to have passed!) but because I didn't want to/feel the need to shout it from the rooftops and I wanted to be the one to tell people and to choose who knew about my results. (Okay, I know my example is pretty trivial.) So they could just be respecting her privacy. Or maybe they feel their blog is not the right place to discuss his death? I know they have posted a whole lot about Susannah's life and death - but they presumably had permission from Melanie & Nathan or M&N asked if they would post about her, who presumably wanted to share their story on the blog. Just a thought.

Maybe Gigi asked them not to post about it? I remember being very pissed off at my brother posting my degree results on his rather public facebook profile (without even asking me first), not because I wasn't proud of my results (I was thrilled to have passed!) but because I didn't want to/feel the need to shout it from the rooftops and I wanted to be the one to tell people and to choose who knew about my results. (Okay, I know my example is pretty trivial.) So they could just be respecting her privacy. Or maybe they feel their blog is not the right place to discuss his death? I know they have posted a whole lot about Susannah's life and death - but they presumably had permission from Melanie & Nathan or M&N asked if they would post about her, who presumably wanted to share their story on the blog. Just a thought.

That could be, but wouldn't they at least put a little note in honor of and say that out of respect they were going to have a time of reflection without posting? It's really odd that they didn't do a tribute of some kind.

Archived