IGNORED

Joshua Maxwell turned 2.

Justme

That surprises me as well. They totally seem like the types to skip birthdays all together.

I'm also surprised that we didn't get the customary "list of things" we didn't know about Joshua, like the Maxwells always do.

I wonder if he loves the Lord Jesus with all his heart?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was looking through the blog, and this is the first time they've acknowledged a grandchild's birthday. I'm not really surprised. His birth was certainly greeted with more excitement than Christina's.

Who, by the way, also turns two this Sunday. We'll see if they do a birthday post for her. Doubt it.

Soo true!! & I agree with you about Christina!

They have said before that they sometimes cancel a kids birthday if they become too "self" focused before it.

:shock: good grief. what terrible parents/grandparents. of course little children are going to be super excited.

how in the world could you expect a little child to NOT be self-focused about their own birthday?

:shock: good grief. what terrible parents/grandparents. of course little children are going to be super excited.

how in the world could you expect a little child to NOT be self-focused about their own birthday?

Steve Maxwell has not had actual children in several years. Mary is 17 or 18 and she is the baby. What a doof

Steve Maxwell has not had actual children in several years. Mary is 17 or 18 and she is the baby. What a doof

Mary will turn 18 in August.

Mary will turn 18 in August.

I am really curious as to what they will do once Mary becomes a legal adult. Their shtick has always been that they are this homeschooling family who saw the light and had a ton of kids, and don't you see how much they get done?

Even amongst fundies, having a family of adults who all live together and never see anyone else is weird, and not something most people aspire to for their family. So how is Steve going to spin this? Will he marry some daughters off to improve business? Will he start a new entrepreneurial venture?

I am really curious as to what they will do once Mary becomes a legal adult. Their shtick has always been that they are this homeschooling family who saw the light and had a ton of kids, and don't you see how much they get done?

Even amongst fundies, having a family of adults who all live together and never see anyone else is weird, and not something most people aspire to for their family. So how is Steve going to spin this? Will he marry some daughters off to improve business? Will he start a new entrepreneurial venture?

They're going to squeeze another year out of her. Last fall, they blogged she was starting her Junior year of HS. I'd assume she'll start her Senior year this fall. So, she'll be nearly 19 when she graduates.

They certainly shifted directions from someone who was working to graduate early. I wonder if Mary saw that there was nothing for her but more needless fan dusting if she finished school or Steve told her to slow it down for the sake of the family business.

I think they are purposely slowing Mary's education down so that they can say they homeschooled for 30 years. They started in 1985, and when Mary graduates next year, it will be 30 years.

I think they are purposely slowing Mary's education down so that they can say they homeschooled for 30 years. They started in 1985, and when Mary graduates next year, it will be 30 years.

That could be true. Or they can also just lead it down to the grand kids.

That could be true. Or they can also just lead it down to the grand kids.

Maybe, but by their own belief system, Steve and Teri wouldn't be the homeschoolers, Nathan and Melanie and Christopher and Anna would be. Only the parents are supposed to supply education, and in particular the mom.

I can't see them saying the homeschool their grandkids because there would be a major backlash.

I'm sorry about your grandmother :cry: I wasn't actually saying that people shouldn't grieve and be sad about loved ones dying. I was just being snarky about what fundies say about death, which I think is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm pretty certain they do grieve and mourn loss. The Duggars didn't really cry much when Grandpa died and they didn't seem as upset as I would think they would, especially since he lived with them for so long. But they sure as hell flipped shit when Jubilee died. Hell J'chelle can still make me tear up with that episode. They didn't cry in their TH with grandpa but with Jubilee, you could barely understand J'chelle at times. Grandpa got your normal church funeral. Jubilee got a mega church with thousands of people there. So maybe they only mourn for certain people :shrug:

I know you were being snarky :wink-kitty: I just wanted to point out that fundies believe you should suppress all emotions and be happy all the time. I'm wondering if they do grieve and mourn like the rest of us do. Or try to act happy and out smiles on their faces. And thanks

This is sick! And really really damaging

If Mary is even learning anything?? Doubt it. It's not even homeschooling. So they shouldn't call it that.

If Mary is even learning anything?? Doubt it. It's not even homeschooling. So they shouldn't call it that.

Sure, she's learning how to cook, sew, clean to become a wife and Mother.... :roll: Just like big sisters Sarah and Anna.

Steve posted another one of his Dads posts:

dads.titus2.com/

What the hell is "not being gross"? Does he mean like farting at the dinner table or picking his nose?? :?

Congratulations! Your post has been awarded a Helpmeet Raptureversary Award. Check out Community Discussion for more details.

And "respect" and "respectable" are not the same thing.

"Unusual circumstances" meant they couldn't celebrate Mother's Day last month. Hmm, what unusual circumstances were those? 8-)

They've also disabled comments on this post and on their next post, because of their schedule this week. Wonder what's going on?

"Unusual circumstances" meant they couldn't celebrate Mother's Day last month. Hmm, what unusual circumstances were those? 8-)

They've also disabled comments on this post and on their next post, because of their schedule this week. Wonder what's going on?

I wondered the above also.

And I think it's telling that on a post as innocuous as Father's Day they feel like they can't risk unmoderated comments. :roll:

Also found it strange that they even bothered including that bit about the unusual circumstances for both Mother's and Father's Day. She could have posted the Father's Day thing anytime after Sunday afternoon and no one would have known it wasn't the real deal.

It's almost like they're fishing for someone to ask or 'hope everything is ok' or something.

Then again, it's the Maxwells...who needs to do the logical!

I agree. They are creating a sense of mystery and it feels like they are fishing for comments. People always want what they can't have, you know, so if the Maxwells cut you off from commenting on their blog, you'll want to do it even more!

The next post should be telling. I am hoping they are finally going to at least mention the passing of Steve's mom and Teri's dad. I mean really, what else could be "unusual circumstances". They are a scheduled group of people -- aside from Uriah breaking down, what could possibly be "unusual" or unpredicted in that family?

I like how Sarah had to specifically state who the 'we' was that decided to take Steve and Teri out to diner, like people would be too dumb to figure it out.

And why did she feel the need to tell us they closed the day with Bible time, like that was something special. They close EVERYDAY with Bible time.... :roll:

Steve's Mom passed on 5/18, which was Mothers Day. I guess I can't send a comment now, "So sorry Mrs. Mary's passing on Mothers Day spoiled Teri's celebration." :roll:

Either Joe or John had a coke/pepsi with dinner! (I can't tell them apart.) Look at the picture of the "J" with Anna and Jesse. Better be careful, Pepsi is an IDOL. :whistle:

I can't imagine why they are so busy next week. Maybe the ceiling fans are extra dirty. :sleeping: Why not just approve comments next week when you are "not busy"???? It's not like they get hundreds of them.... :fsm:

Steve's Mom passed on 5/18, which was Mothers Day. I guess I can't send a comment now, "So sorry Mrs. Mary's passing on Mothers Day spoiled Teri's celebration." :roll:

Either Joe or John had a coke/pepsi with dinner! (I can't tell them apart.) Look at the picture of the "J" with Anna and Jesse. Better be careful, Pepsi is an IDOL. :whistle:

I can't imagine why they are so busy next week. Maybe the ceiling fans are extra dirty. :sleeping: Why not just approve comments next week when you are "not busy"???? It's not like they get hundreds of them.... :fsm:

Actually Mothers Day was May 11, Grandma Mary was probably in her final stages of dying by then so they had to go see her. And today is Tina's birthday, Happy Birthday Tina! Maybe they are having a party for her provided she isn't self focused.

Is it ceiling fan season? Crap, I didn't have it on my schedule and now I might have to skip Bible time to fit it in -- I'm already behind!

Oh, wait, I don't have any ceiling fans. Carry on...

ETA: That's John with the cola drink (hey, it could be Pepsi, could be Coke!). I hope the bartender slipped a couple shots of rum in there for him so he could make it through the mind-numbing conversation they call Bible time later.

So inconsiderate of Mrs Mary to drop dead when Teri had a celebration coming up.

Archived