IGNORED

Joshua Maxwell turned 2.

Justme

They have conference coming up next month and they just scheduled one for September. They are advertising for fall conferences in the Southeast. It'll be interesting to see if they actually get more.

But so far this year, they've done nothing, which is extremely different from previous years.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought, perhaps the Maxwell's are going to THE WEDDING on Saturday. They probably need extra prayer and bible time to prepare for all the heathens and television people who will also attend.

Just a thought, perhaps the Maxwell's are going to THE WEDDING on Saturday. They probably need extra prayer and bible time to prepare for all the heathens and television people who will also attend.

Having personal family experience with someone who has a depressive streak like Teri seems to suffer under... yes, it would take days of mental preparations to endure a big wedding.

I've been living under a rock -- what "THE WEDDING"??

Jill Duggar's wedding. There's a chance the Maxwell's could be there as they (or at least Teri) attended Josiah Duggars graduation.

Jill Duggar's wedding. There's a chance the Maxwell's could be there as they (or at least Teri) attended Josiah Duggars graduation.

Oh, dear, is it time for that already? Hey, maybe Christopher will be their photographer! LOL. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Yeah, just Jill Duggar's not a Maxwell one. Though I would LOVE another Maxwell wedding to happen soon. Not only because it means escape for one of the kids, but also because of the snark goldmine that are the post-wedding write ups.

Yeah, it will be interesting if the Maxwells go to Jill's wedding. And in fact, I wonder how the Maxwell girls would feel about seeing a daughter from a famous quiverfull family getting married. For that reason I wonder if Steve won't allow his family to attend.

Yeah, it will be interesting if the Maxwells go to Jill's wedding. And in fact, I wonder how the Maxwell girls would feel about seeing a daughter from a famous quiverfull family getting married. For that reason I wonder if Steve won't allow his family to attend.

He could always leave the "girls" at home to take care of Grandma. The "boys" could search forvictims brides. :shock:

And "respect" and "respectable" are not the same thing.

Word. I've known a lot of outwardly respectable people who were not worthy of respect. Exhibit A:

Yeah, just Jill Duggar's not a Maxwell one. Though I would LOVE another Maxwell wedding to happen soon. Not only because it means escape for one of the kids, but also because of the snark goldmine that are the post-wedding write ups.

They did go to at least on of the Duggar children's graduation, so it is a possibility. Won't get any pics on the blog though. Sure TLC has gag orders and confidentiality agreements for anyone who was invited (probably sent them with the invitations).

What I want to know is why the hell they went all the way out to 95th and Metcalf when they could've saved themselves half an hour of travel time and gone to the Jack Stack location in the Freight House district. Also, while Jack Stack is very good, Oklahoma Joe's is the best BBQ in the Kansas City area. (But if they went to Joe's they'd have to stand in a very long line with people wearing shorts and tank tops and hear god knows what and then eat in very close quarters with us heathens.)

What I want to know is why the hell they went all the way out to 95th and Metcalf when they could've saved themselves half an hour of travel time and gone to the Jack Stack location in the Freight House district. Also, while Jack Stack is very good, Oklahoma Joe's is the best BBQ in the Kansas City area. (But if they went to Joe's they'd have to stand in a very long line with people wearing shorts and tank tops and hear god knows what and then eat in very close quarters with us heathens.)

I prefer Famous Dave's myself.

I think u r right!! I know tons of people myself included who have great work ethics but still like to watch TV.

Yup. My husband works 10-12 hour days as a lawyer. On the weekend he watches 10-12 hours of TV to unwind. He isn't lazy!

I've recently emerged from under a rock to find this post, and wow, things have happened!

I'm curious, where did people find out about the unfortunate events? I don't see anything on the blog (and people here mentioning that they in fact didn't post about it).

Separately from that though just catching up on their blog, I see in the Memorial Day post Sarah mentions that she had a GRANDFATHER serve in Vietnam - he was wounded and some people died in a helicopter crash trying to help him. Presumably he survived? It's unclear from the writing, but... so which grandfather would it be? If he did live a long life after I suppose it could be either of them?

Far more boringly they remind us that not only do they eat bean burritos weekly, but they make the filling in large batches (which they presumably freeze?) a few times a year. Mmmm, mmmm. You'd think they have enough hours in the day and adults in the home that they could make meals fresh daily.

I've recently emerged from under a rock to find this post, and wow, things have happened!

I'm curious, where did people find out about the unfortunate events? I don't see anything on the blog (and people here mentioning that they in fact didn't post about it).

Separately from that though just catching up on their blog, I see in the Memorial Day post Sarah mentions that she had a GRANDFATHER serve in Vietnam - he was wounded and some people died in a helicopter crash trying to help him. Presumably he survived? It's unclear from the writing, but... so which grandfather would it be? If he did live a long life after I suppose it could be either of them?

Far more boringly they remind us that not only do they eat bean burritos weekly, but they make the filling in large batches (which they presumably freeze?) a few times a year. Mmmm, mmmm. You'd think they have enough hours in the day and adults in the home that they could make meals fresh daily.

Welcome back, GVC! I'll try to give you a brief reply on your questions:

I don't remember who (here) found Steve's mom's obit, but that was how her passing was discovered. And then someone else here found some photos on Teri's sister's FB page of a military memorial service for Teri's dad showing Teri and Steve and the kids, and then with further digging, the obit was found. I believe it was Teri's dad was in Vietnam, although I don't think he was shot down, but may have been part of the rescue effort. I'm fuzzy on that one.

And I guess one of the best things about taking a FJ hiatus from the Maxwells is that you really don't miss THAT much (except for these two recent big events that they didn't even blog about). Otherwise, same as usual -- same schedule, same burritos, same method, same amount, same freezing, same, same, same.

Welcome back, GVC! I'll try to give you a brief reply on your questions:

I don't remember who (here) found Steve's mom's obit, but that was how her passing was discovered. And then someone else here found some photos on Teri's sister's FB page of a military memorial service for Teri's dad showing Teri and Steve and the kids, and then with further digging, the obit was found. I believe it was Teri's dad was in Vietnam, although I don't think he was shot down, but may have been part of the rescue effort. I'm fuzzy on that one.

And I guess one of the best things about taking a FJ hiatus from the Maxwells is that you really don't miss THAT much (except for these two recent big events that they didn't even blog about). Otherwise, same as usual -- same schedule, same burritos, same method, same amount, same freezing, same, same, same.

I was the one who found Steve's mother's obit. Her name was Mary Maxwell. I then found out Steve's real dad is Paul Bargar and after Mrs Mary divorced and remarried Steve changed his name to Maxwell. Paul Bargar passed away last Oct. Paul, Mrs. Mary, and Rex have all passed in the last seven months and not one of them were mentioned on the blog.

Archived