IGNORED

Wisconsin is Becoming the Mississippi of the Midwest

GolightlyGrrl

Women may have to wait 10 weeks before procuring an abortion.

http://jezebel.com/women-in-wisconsin-m ... 680465/all

Wisconsin has a long history of progressiveness, but with Scott Walker as Governor and Russ Feingold being replaced by tea party favorite Ron Johnson, my blue state is inching towards the red. Rage!

I really miss having Russ Feingold as my Senator. I nearly cried when he lost his seat in 2010.

Ugh ugh ugh. There might not be an abortion provider in *Milwaukee*? It's not like there are that many other places to go in this state. Madison...maybe Green Bay?

It is so depressing to live in WI these days. My parents moved here in the 80s and chose it over MN because it was the more progressive state at the time. When will we get back to that? :angry-banghead:

I hear you! I moved to Madison after high school graduation 30 years ago and I am APPALLED by the actions of Walker. I am also one of those state workers that had (and is still continuing) to be hurt by reduced take-home pay. You can bet I plan on voting him OUT! :x

He is a Koch's :music-tool:

I live in Milwaukee and down the street is a clinic that does provide abortion services. Nearly every day I see protesters, mostly men. Ugh.

It is so depressing to live in WI these days. Scott Walker has been an awful governor and has a huge history of being a total sleaze. I'm friendly with a woman who writes about politics for a local alternative weekly and she is really uncovering some disgusting, unethical shit about this man, starting when he was at Marquette.

And let's not forget Paul "Ayn Rand is my Political Inspiration" Ryan. One of my friends asked me if Lyin' Ryan made me ashamed to be from Wisconsin. I answered, "He makes me ashamed to have blue eyes."

I live in Milwaukee and down the street is a clinic that does provide abortion services. Nearly every day I see protesters, mostly men. Ugh.

It is so depressing to live in WI these days. Scott Walker has been an awful governor and has a huge history of being a total sleaze. I'm friendly with a woman who writes about politics for a local alternative weekly and she is really uncovering some disgusting, unethical shit about this man, starting when he was at Marquette.

And let's not forget Paul "Ayn Rand is my Political Inspiration" Ryan. One of my friends asked me if Lyin' Ryan made me ashamed to be from Wisconsin. I answered, "He makes me ashamed to have blue eyes."

I almost hope he does run for president, because that "thing" he was able to cover up in a state election? Yeah, that won't work on a national level.

But hey! Good news in Wisconsin today! I went to City Hall to watch people get married. It was amazing and made me feel good about the people I live among. :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbow:

I know at least one couple that got married last night in Madison. My thesis advisor and her husband went to watch the excitement and ended up being witnesses for a couple they just met. At one point, three police officers showed up with cakes to cut up and distribute. A klezmer band played.

But hey! Good news in Wisconsin today! I went to City Hall to watch people get married. It was amazing and made me feel good about the people I live among. :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbow:

I know! Isn't it amazing? I cheered when I heard the good news. I hope same sex marriage is fully legal in Wisconsin soon. I got verklempt and teary-eyed when our local newscasts showed video of gay couples getting their marriage licenses and getting married, so beautiful.

That's what's is so weird about Wisconsin; we are so split personality when it comes to politics. It may take 10 weeks for a woman to get an abortion, but the gay marriage ban was voted down. One of our senators is Ron Johnson, a far right wing conservative tea party type, and the other is Tammy Baldwin, an out lesbian and liberal Democrat.

Wisconsin boasts true progressives like Russ Feingold, Gaylord Nelson, William Proxmire, Fightin' Bob LaFollette, and Frank Zeidler. And then we have far right reactionaries like Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, Jim Sensenbrenner, Ron Johnson and Glenn Grothmann. Our AM radio is littered with conservatives like Charlie Sykes. But we also have the amazing alternative weekly the Shepherd Express. My community, Milwaukee's east side, is quite liberal, but if I travel further west to Waukesha county, it's Tea Party City.

And DomWackTroll, you are so right about Scott Walker running for President. There is no way his past history of malfeasance can be covered up. He's a total slimeball. And when he was Milwaukee's County Executive he had no use for Milwaukee county, and it was quite obvious he hated the city of Milwaukee.

I know! Isn't it amazing? I cheered when I heard the good news. I hope same sex marriage is fully legal in Wisconsin soon. I got verklempt and teary-eyed when our local newscasts showed video of gay couples getting their marriage licenses and getting married, so beautiful.

That's what's is so weird about Wisconsin; we are so split personality when it comes to politics. It may take 10 weeks for a woman to get an abortion, but the gay marriage ban was voted down. One of our senators is Ron Johnson, a far right wing conservative tea party type, and the other is Tammy Baldwin, an out lesbian and liberal Democrat.

Wisconsin boasts true progressives like Russ Feingold, Gaylord Nelson, William Proxmire, Fightin' Bob LaFollette, and Frank Zeidler. And then we have far right reactionaries like Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, Jim Sensenbrenner, Ron Johnson and Glenn Grothmann. Our AM radio is littered with conservatives like Charlie Sykes. But we also have the amazing alternative weekly the Shepherd Express. My community, Milwaukee's east side, is quite liberal, but if I travel further west to Waukesha county, it's Tea Party City.

And DomWackTroll, you are so right about Scott Walker running for President. There is no way his past history of malfeasance can be covered up. He's a total slimeball. And when he was Milwaukee's County Executive he had no use for Milwaukee county, and it was quite obvious he hated the city of Milwaukee.

There's something else. Happened at Marquette when he was a student. Wish I could say more.

Edited for typo.

There's something else. Happened at Marquette when he was a student. Wish I could say more.

Edited for typo.

According to Lisa Kaiser, who writes for the Shepherd Express, Scotty misappropriated some student council funds. And a friend of mine is convinced he also knocked up some chick.

Archived