IGNORED

Christian Persecution at Universities!

dairyfreelife

reaganramm.com/2014/05/i-got-c-for-defending-bible-university.html

I realized any further debate would be fruitless, so I let him believe what he wanted to believe, and left, but not before my professor recommended more classes he taught on the Bible to me. I told him thanks for the recommendations, but in my head I said “no thanks.†If his other classes were anything like his Intro to the New Testament class, they would be so one-sided as to be a waste of time. Skeptical atheist speculation is awarded an A, while Christian “speculation†gets a C, or worse.

He's a total whiner and his blog is full of snark material.

I have give a 2/20 to a student who tell that Mozart wrote a Requiem who is "joyfull and make you smile". It's not because he says something different of the class, or because he have a new point of view on the Requiem, but because it's total bullshit, and I guess he have never heard the Requiem.

Skeptical atheist speculation is awarded an A, while Christian “speculation†gets a C, or worse.

Skeptical atheist = translate it by "scientifical"

Christian speculation = nothing, we don't care.

This kind of grade whining in the name of Christianity never ceases to irritate me. First of all, there is usually a mitigating factor that justifies the grade and the whiner fails to admit what it was. Does anyone else remember the kid who painted Jesus in art class and got an F? Turned out the assignment was a still life. He probably could have painted a crucifix and all would have been well. (Of course that's a pagan Catholic thing or whatever...).

I actually experienced this while teaching in a Christian school. A lot of students felt that any answer that invoked Jesus should be an automatic A. I often failed to comply on the grounds that they did not answer the actual question or address the topic given. Another English teacher and I constantly fought this battle with administrators.

I have a classmate like this! He's kind of a pretentious ass. He voted for my state's amendment banning same-sex marriage (which didn't pass, allowing it to be legalized later), and said that his view was Christian and "what most people think, only they're afraid to express it." He also looks down on me for being gay, and thinks I can be fixed. And of course, if I take it to the school, he's going to cry "Christian persecution" as he did when the amendment failed and when it was legalized.

You're not persecuted. You're just an ass!

Christians need to stop complaining about being singled out. If a class isn't math or science then it is most likely the instructors interpretation of the subject. If you miss the professors point of view you'll most likely fail like everyone else who missed the point. The world will be a much less shocking place when they realize everyone does not share your world view.

Archived