IGNORED

Another Maxwell Boy

anjulibai

Looks like Nathan and Melanie are finally getting a girl. They celebrated with cupcakes, because after 4 girls, they got a boy.

I'm hoping this means they'll stop having babies now that they have their all important firstborn son.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the first time they've revealed the gender to we blog readers before the birth.

Well, I guess ol' Joshua will have a cousin to talk trucks and manly tools with.

ETA: Does anyone recall when Melanie is due?

ETA again: I just noticed the post below this one with the girls in their Home Depot kids aprons. You get them when your kids take classes at HD. I wonder if the girls were allowed to take classes there, along with, gasp!, other children?

ETA yet again: For all you FJers who swear John is not that good looking, check out the picture of him in the orange shirt, hugging his niece. Go ahead. I'll wait...

I didn't know that they haven't revealed gender before birth until now. I feel sorry for the girls, because this boy will clearly be the center of mom and dad's attention, and will be trotted out at all family events as "See! We have a boy now! Look at our son!"

I think this is the first time that Nathan & Melanie found out the gender of their child before birth. Maybe now that they r having a boy they will stop. I wonder what made them find out early this time.

I think she's due in august. US's aren't always correct. If it is a boy, I feel sorry for the sisters. They are going to be serving him....

So Chris has a boy, Nath has a girl. Now Chris had a girl and Nath is having a boy. It's almost like the 2 families are being separated.

I think this is the first time that Nathan & Melanie found out the gender of their child before birth. Maybe now that they r having a boy they will stop. I wonder what made them find out early this time.

I think they found out with Christina, but didn't announce it. I could be wrong, though.

I bet Christopher is not too happy about this. I think he liked having the only male grandchild.

That's the first time they've revealed the gender to we blog readers before the birth.

Well, I guess ol' Joshua will have a cousin to talk trucks and manly tools with.

ETA: Does anyone recall when Melanie is due?

ETA again: I just noticed the post below this one with the girls in their Home Depot kids aprons. You get them when your kids take classes at HD. I wonder if the girls were allowed to take classes there, along with, gasp!, other children?

ETA yet again: For all you FJers who swear John is not that good looking, check out the picture of him in the orange shirt, hugging his niece. Go ahead. I'll wait...

That's weird--I got it bad for John Maxwell, but he doesn't really do it for me in the picture with him hugging Bethany. I do like him in the one where Christina is sitting on his lap and Bethany is leaning on him (and could those girls be any cuter? I don't feel like Steve deserves to be exposed to that much cute).

I bet Christopher is not too happy about this. I think he liked having the only male grandchild.

I'm wondering if Nathan is Steve's preferred son and the one thing that has kept Christopher in his favor was having the only grandson? Don't know who Steve favors, just throwing out guesses.

And if that's the case, Christopher might also be bitter that he is the more conservative son, yet Nathan gets treated better.

I guess the Family Saturday post definitely showed us that the little girls get to use shovels and see the manly cement truck at work. So there! ;)

I think she's due in august. US's aren't always correct. If it is a boy, I feel sorry for the sisters. They are going to be serving him....

So Chris has a boy, Nath has a girl. Now Chris had a girl and Nath is having a boy. It's almost like the 2 families are being separated.

Yeah, but an US showing boy is more for sure than an US indicating a girl.

Also, yes. I feel bad for those girls.

That's weird--I got it bad for John Maxwell, but he doesn't really do it for me in the picture with him hugging Bethany. I do like him in the one where Christina is sitting on his lap and Bethany is leaning on him (and could those girls be any cuter? I don't feel like Steve deserves to be exposed to that much cute).

He looks good in that picture too. Don't laugh, but John always reminds me a little of Aaron Paul, the actor who played Jesse in Breaking Bad. Much taller and stockier than Aaron Paul, though. And now with a beard.

I guess I like that picture of him hugging his niece because it shows off his big blue eyes nicely.

Anyone else think Sarah probably wanted to write ' After 4 girls, N & M FINALLY are having Boy, the most important thing in our world!!!'

He looks good in that picture too. Don't laugh, but John always reminds me a little of Aaron Paul, the actor who played Jesse in Breaking Bad. Much taller and stockier than Aaron Paul, though. And now with a beard.

I guess I like that picture of him hugging his niece because it shows off his big blue eyes nicely.

I didn't watch Breaking Bad, but I google image searched Aaron Paul, and I can definitely see it!

I'm wondering about names now. If they continue with the alphabet theme, it will either be Daniel or David (my guess is Daniel), with the middle name either Nathan or Steven. But they might also go with Nathan Jr., or even Steven Jr.

I'm wondering about names now. If they continue with the alphabet theme, it will either be Daniel or David (my guess is Daniel), with the middle name either Nathan or Steven. But they might also go with Nathan Jr., or even Steven Jr.

I predict Daniel Steven. They have a theme going with the alphabet and aren't going to break that, but I can see them throwing in Steven as a middle name.

I predict Daniel Steven. They have a theme going with the alphabet and aren't going to break that, but I can see them throwing in Steven as a middle name.

It would certainly one up Christopher - Joshua's middle name is Christopher.

Anyone else think Sarah probably wanted to write ' After 4 girls, N & M FINALLY are having Boy, the most important thing in our world!!!'

Yes

Please no Steven Jr! Stevie's ego is big enough as it it.

I hope so. Out of the Maxwell 8 he is the one I dislike the most.

I hope so. Out of the Maxwell 8 he is the one I dislike the most.

Out of the 6 Maxwell children that I have had the pleasure of meeting (Sarah and the reversals), Joseph is BY FAR the one I dislike the most. In my opinion, it would be hard to top Joseph's arrogance and douchiness but I guess if anyone could, it would be his older brother...

I just noticed the quote they used for this post, their italics included:

“Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men.â€

Psalms 107:31

I usually find their choice in the words italicize rather odd, but it seems they were really making a statement here.

I just noticed the quote they used for this post, their italics included:

I usually find their choice in the words italicize rather odd, but it seems they were really making a statement here.

Of course. Girls are just "fluff and filler" until the boys come along. I'm rather sad Nath is having a boy. I'd hope that with girls only, he'd be forced to make a decision when they were older, that they need a good education and have the ability to make a living if no husbands come along. Now with a boy, he can keep the girls in the same situation as his sisters knowing his son will be their "headship" if they never marry.....

Another boy, another Maxwell son clone.....

Out of the 6 Maxwell children that I have had the pleasure of meeting (Sarah and the reversals), Joseph is BY FAR the one I dislike the most. In my opinion, it would be hard to top Joseph's arrogance and douchiness but I guess if anyone could, it would be his older brother...

To be honest I've never met any of them, but would love to tie John naked to a bed, lather him with chocolate and lick it off him. But enough of my fantasies. Ever since I saw Chris's criteria for weddings I always felt he was the biggest asshole. Plus he looks like he could be one too.

Back to names...

Does anyone know Melanie's father's first name? I'd hope they'd consider using it as part of their son's name. Afterall, it really shouldn't be all about Stevie (although I know it usually is).

Archived