IGNORED

AL Judge: First Amendment only protect Christians MERGE

doggie

More stupid Christians in authority. The worst part this is a chief justice and seems to know to history and assume that US constitution favors Christians and is a christian nation.

so the quote below only god laws makes people happy but was gods laws were they? I mean there are so many no one can follow them all.

He later said that “you can’t be happy unless you follow God’s law, and if you follow God’s law, you can’t help but be happy.â€

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/02/a ... no&oswrr=1

Speaking at the Pastor for Life Luncheon, which was sponsored by Pro-Life Mississippi, Chief Justice Roy Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court declared that the First Amendment only applies to Christians because “Buddha didn’t create us, Mohammed didn’t create us, it was the God of the Holy Scriptures†who created us.

“They didn’t bring the Koran over on the pilgrim ship,†he continued. “Let’s get real, let’s go back and learn our history. Let’s stop playing games.â€

He then noted that he loves talking to lawyers, because he is a lawyer who went to “a secular law school,†so he knows that “in the law, [talking about God] just isn’t politically correct.†He claimed that this is why America has “lost its way,†and that he would be publishing a pamphlet “this week, maybe next†that contained copies of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, thereby proving that all the people “who found this nation — black, white, all people, all religions, all faiths†knew that America was “about God.â€

Chief Justice Moore later defined “life†via Blackstone’s Law — a book that American lawyers have “sadly forgotten†— as beginning when “the baby kicks.†“Today,†he said, “our courts say it’s not alive ’til the head comes out.â€

“Now,†he continued, “if technology’s supposed to increase our knowledge, how did we become so stupid?†Discussing Thomas Jefferson’s use of “life†in the Declaration of Independence, he said that “when [Jefferson] put ‘life’ in there, it was in the womb — we know it begins at conception. Why aren’t we going the right way instead of the wrong way?â€

What an ultramaroon!

Even with Moore's spurious reasoning, why doesn't the First Amendment apply to Jews? Muslims worship the same god as do Christians and Jews.

Buddhists don't claim that the Buddha created them and never have. The Buddha never claimed to be anything other than an enlightened man. He was asked shortly after his enlightenment "Are you a god?" "No", said the Buddha. "Well then, are you an angel?" "No", said the Buddha. "I am awake."

This doesn't even scratch the surface, y'all. Judge Roy Moore is a raving lunatic. He ranks right up there with every other well known fundie patriarch. I'm so ashamed that he from my state (Alabama) and worshipped like a god. Fuck you Judge Moore, and fuck your supporters as well.

He is yet another right wing christo facist that my brother and sister in law think is a hero and a champion of the white race. :roll:

This doesn't even scratch the surface, y'all. Judge Roy Moore is a raving lunatic. He ranks right up there with every other well known fundie patriarch. I'm so ashamed that he from my state (Alabama) and worshipped like a god. Fuck you Judge Moore, and fuck your supporters as well.

Shall we all begin praying for a scandal about him to become public?

Chief Justice Roy Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court declared that the First Amendment only applies to Christians because “Buddha didn’t create us, Mohammed didn’t create us, it was the God of the Holy Scriptures†who created us.

http://mobile.rawstory.com/all/2014-05-02-alabamas-chief-justice-buddha-didnt-create-us-so-first-amendment-only-protects-christians#1

This may be one case where having the Duggars supporting Judge Moore would actually help rather than hurt him.

If he thinks life begins 'when the baby kicks', does he think it's okay to have an abortion up till 20 weeks (the usual gestational age at which a first time pregnant woman feels the foetus move)? I have a feeling this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Tony Perkins just pulled an even more sparkly version of this bullshit.

In response to a lawsuit filed by the United Church of Christ and a bunch of other marriage equality-supporting pastors in North Carolina, contending that NC's ban on same-sex marriage violates the First Amendment rights of clergy who want to perform legally binding marriages for same-sex couples, Perkins said that the First Amendment only protects Real True Christians, i.e., whoever Tony Perkins deems orthodox.

:roll:

Tony Perkins just pulled an even more sparkly version of this bullshit.

In response to a lawsuit filed by the United Church of Christ and a bunch of other marriage equality-supporting pastors in North Carolina, contending that NC's ban on same-sex marriage violates the First Amendment rights of clergy who want to perform legally binding marriages for same-sex couples, Perkins said that the First Amendment only protects Real True Christians, i.e., whoever Tony Perkins deems orthodox. :roll:

I LOVE that the UCC is using the religious right's tactics against them- 'violating first amendment rights'. Genius.

Archived