IGNORED

I have a snake :)

ILoveJellybeans

slinkythesnake_zps306748d8.jpg

I also have a snake now-a baby Pueblan milk snake named Slinky. He is so cute.

That's Slinky in the box he came home from the pet shop in-hes got a home now, and is hiding away under the substrate (even though I bought a hide, typical pets, lol)

I think that's enough pets for a while-I have a cat, two tarantulas and a snake :)

• 3 weeks later...

Your Slinky is cute! Is he a cousin to the king snake? I had a ball python named, Snakey. My red-tailed boa was Two.

Yes, king snakes and milk snakes are related.

Here are some more pictures of my scaly headship.

nailsinssssssssssssspiredbyslinky_zps4e9e6c47.jpg

He fits in my hand

tinysnake_zps087db9a9.jpg

This one I submitted to a blog of cute snake pictures, and it got posted :)

slinky2_zpse028c1ff.jpg

Slinky sees me as a climbing frame, and so far has slithered up my sleeves, into my pockets and down my cleavage.

What you didn't see was that he pooped on me right after I took this.

slinkyiscute_zpsca22b71f.jpg

He's gorgeous! I'm not overly fond of snakes but that is a beaut.

are snakes like that naturally "tame" as far as handling by humans..sort of a they won't hurt you as long as you are calm and hold them gently or how does that work? I know that even big snakes you can hold eventually without them automatically attacking you (we had a boa in my biology class in high school and the teacher would take it out and let us hold/pet it once in a while). I never held it, but I did pet it. It was much softer than I expected or maybe smoother? I expected the scales to be rougher.

It depends on the snake, some are better at being handled than others, but you can get a snake used to being handled pretty easily. With Slinky, at first he would slither off as fast as he could if you tried, then once he was used to my presence enough to let me pick him up, I would keep it short, but now he is used to being handled, climbing into my pockets and up my sleeves, and being petted. I also use the same hand soap before handling him each time, so I always smell the same and he can recognise me-snakes have a good sense of smell.

Ive held a big snake before, although I am not sure how big as I was about 7 or 8.

They are really soft and smooth :)

Congrats on the scaley baby! Snakes are awesome pets! Quiet (for the most part) and I've never had a problem getting my 17 YO corn snake Ernie on any leases:)

2 things I learned the hard way- stickers DO NOT come off snakes, and do NOT microwave mice when defrosting them. It's bad news;) I noticed that you also have a kitty & suspect that your kitty will fall in love with Slinky soon!

It really is awesome when your snakes climbs up your sleeve & curls up at your elbow:) May you have many awesome years together!!

• 5 months later...

I have a snake, too! :) He's a ball python named Severus (yes, inspired by my favorite Harry Potter character), & I've had him for approximately 9ish years.

• 4 weeks later...

Slinky is getting big now, he look so tiny in those photos!

slinky3_zps5cc29c17.jpg

I also got myself an early Christmas present-a new baby! This is Noodles the ball python!

noodles_zps539d92e7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Congratulations ILoveJellybeans on Slinky. He/she is beautiful. I love the colors. I have an albino corn snake, named Clifford. And she was a therapy snake. I'm a therapist and would bring her to work. Kids holding her seemed more able to talk, somehow. I would also bring her to my son's elementary school on RIF (Reading is Fundamental free book program-who would know you can use fundamental in a good way). She was named Clifford after Clifford The Big, Red Dog.

I love my snake. My three cats love my snake also...Snakie not so thrilled about cats. I have a picture that I could not download because file too big or something. But it is of one cat sitting on cage looking down at Clifford and Clifford looking back up at him. Poor snake.

To quincygal. Thank you for the warnings. I laughed for half an hour!!

• 5 months later...
I have a snake, too! :) He's a ball python named Severus (yes, inspired by my favorite Harry Potter character), & I've had him for approximately 9ish years.

Severus was my favorite character too I hated the last book because he got killed off. I did have a pet snake for a while but once she grew up, she got less cute and became a representative for her species at a children's nature Discovery Center.

Hi. Congratulations ILoveJellybeans on Slinky. He/she is beautiful. I love the colors. I have an albino corn snake, named Clifford. And she was a therapy snake. I'm a therapist and would bring her to work. Kids holding her seemed more able to talk, somehow. I would also bring her to my son's elementary school on RIF (Reading is Fundamental free book program-who would know you can use fundamental in a good way). She was named Clifford after Clifford The Big, Red Dog.

I love my snake. My three cats love my snake also...Snakie not so thrilled about cats. I have a picture that I could not download because file too big or something. But it is of one cat sitting on cage looking down at Clifford and Clifford looking back up at him. Poor snake.

To quincygal. Thank you for the warnings. I laughed for half an hour!!

You're welcome! I got a pic of my old kitty sitting IN the tank itself looking for my snake:) It's crazy how kitties love snakes so much!:)

• 7 months later...

Archived