IGNORED

Voddie Baucham Jr in Australia

courtlylove

I looked it up, he is doing a seminar for a bible church in Endeavour Hills(ages away, off my radar), but the actual event is at the Melbourne School Of Theology on Burwood highway, which is only ten mins or so on the freeway. Tempted!

It's really strange to me that it's on Easter Saturday. The Easter weekend is a pretty big deal for my particular flavour of Christianity.

What is the difference between the 'seminar' and the 'actual event'?

I know a couple of people (couples) who are going; they've been looking forward to it since he made the announcement he was coming to Australia.

The fact that it is on Easter Sunday is really weird to me, too!

Is that the 'Pregnancy Problem House"?

Sure is! They offer free pregnancy tests and you can borrow second-hand baby furniture. Keeping your baby is easy yo!

* Also the pill is abortifacient, so you don't want to be using that for the secks either :doh:

Sorry for double post- just wanted to add link and explain connections for anyone interested in prolife zealots in dullsville. link: lifeministries.org.au/internal.php?content_id=343

Dwight Randall is president of life ministries, who run Pregnancy Problem House. He and his wife live in a MANSION near the beach (I visited once when I was observing a Christian Democrats planning meeting, while I was still on the fence about what I believed. I was also doing a minor in political science at the time, so it was an interesting exercise), but they describe themselves as 'missionaries to Australia' (I can't get that page to load, or I would link it as well, but the quote shows up on Google). Life Ministries and Christian Democrats thick as thieves, naturally.

Listen up, my fair Australian FJites: you need to attend these events and ask all sorts of pertinent questions: Where's Jasmine? What's up with Doug Phillips who is a tool? Why do you keep adopting children? Why did you drop out of Rice? Why do you hate public school? How well do you know the Botkins? etc etc etc.

He will never suspect that FJ is alive and well and lurking in Australia!

And BTW, I hope to visit Australia someday....I'm bummed that ole Voddie beat me to it.

I sincerely want to go to Keswick, but due to scheduling am unlikely to make it, I'm sitting down today and looking at whether I can beg for a favour one afternoon so I can go maybe. Am discussing the event with some friends in the skeptic community (who go to events of those with similar hidden, damaging philosophies), and am not sure if any will be able to make it on a couple weeks notice, also, will not post definite plans on FJ before the event!!

Just in case I manage to get there/ or some friends of mine do. Do people mind posting the questions they feel are important to raise to alert the mainstream Australian Christian community to the damaging beliefs behind these people? Will asking about DPiAT go way over their heads? Is Voddie himself a dominionist? (I believe he is right?) What's Rice? Was the question about Jasmine an allusion to the fact that she wasn't allowed to go to university even though she is clearly a very bright girl?

It always squicks me seeing these people try and infiltrate Australia, although hopefully it won't catch on to the extent it has elsewhere. I always laugh at the American 'missionaries' who have decided that Australia has never of of Christianity before and is crying out for people like them to come and tell us what we're doing wrong.

Ugh all around.

Sorry for double post- just wanted to add link and explain connections for anyone interested in prolife zealots in dullsville. link: lifeministries.org.au/internal.php?content_id=343

Dwight Randall is president of life ministries, who run Pregnancy Problem House. He and his wife live in a MANSION near the beach (I visited once when I was observing a Christian Democrats planning meeting, while I was still on the fence about what I believed. I was also doing a minor in political science at the time, so it was an interesting exercise), but they describe themselves as 'missionaries to Australia' (I can't get that page to load, or I would link it as well, but the quote shows up on Google). Life Ministries and Christian Democrats thick as thieves, naturally.

Is Dwight Randall related to Don Randall the MP?

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but Google tells me he was born in Merredin. There are a ton of Randalls (related to Dwight) around, and they are all American and way more right wing than the Liberal Party.

It always squicks me seeing these people try and infiltrate Australia, although hopefully it won't catch on to the extent it has elsewhere. I always laugh at the American 'missionaries' who have decided that Australia has never of of Christianity before and is crying out for people like them to come and tell us what we're doing wrong.

Ugh all around.

I don't what is worse, with the "missionaries" trying to evangelize foreign countries or "witnessing" to almost everyone in the US. Either way their assumptions are usually false about people knowing about Christianity or having to do it exactly their way to be right. If only we could find a way to get them to quit worrying about everyone else's salvation and to concentrate on their own behavior.

I sincerely want to go to Keswick, but due to scheduling am unlikely to make it, I'm sitting down today and looking at whether I can beg for a favour one afternoon so I can go maybe. Am discussing the event with some friends in the skeptic community (who go to events of those with similar hidden, damaging philosophies), and am not sure if any will be able to make it on a couple weeks notice, also, will not post definite plans on FJ before the event!!

Just in case I manage to get there/ or some friends of mine do. Do people mind posting the questions they feel are important to raise to alert the mainstream Australian Christian community to the damaging beliefs behind these people? Will asking about DPiAT go way over their heads? Is Voddie himself a dominionist? (I believe he is right?) What's Rice? Was the question about Jasmine an allusion to the fact that she wasn't allowed to go to university even though she is clearly a very bright girl?

Voddie bills himself out as an intellectual, but he is woefully lacking in this regard. He started out at Rice University in Houston. It's a great school. (Disclaimer:Dear Spouse went there, so I'm a fan). He left school and eventually transferred to Houston Baptist. Not quite the same. I think he's a poser.

And then the Jasmine question is just to harrass him about his locked-in roles for women.

Archived