IGNORED

OMM's latest boycott? Graham crackers!

PennySycamore

Obviously they don't understand how boycotts work. They should be boycotting Kraft, the Nabisco parent company. But if they did that, they would not have anything left to snack on. Here's a list of Kraft/Nabisco products that I grabbed, which includes *gasp* Animal Crackers!

I might be persuaded to boycott most of those (but sure as hell *not* over the same-sex parent thing!) but you will tear my Claussen pickles from my cold, dead, garlicky, salty fingers.

Their response to the hate mail. Will be buying their brand.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well played!

I was just coming over to post this! This is just beautiful!

The embed doesn't seem to work so you'll need to click on the link which DOES work.

I was just coming over to post this! This is just beautiful!

The embed doesn't seem to work so you'll need to click on the link which DOES work.

Same here.

I love that response! Then I read some of the comments and my hope for humanity sank right into the depths again :(

Yes. My husband said earlier today that this is the only brand of grahams we'll buy from now on, and I agree. I love that they turned the hate into LOVE, and that they've had far more supportive mail.

I've been buying Honeymaid since I saw the first ad. And I love that they spoke out w/the 2nd one. I also talked w/my kids about why we are supporting them vs Chickafila re: all types of different families. My 7 yr old highly recommends their Grahamfuls w/strawberry creme!

The response ad was showing up on my Facebook feed today. I love that they got ten times as many positive comments as negative to the original ad! That really says something, since people are far more likely to protest things they don't agree with than take the time to praise things they agree with.

I might be persuaded to boycott most of those (but sure as hell *not* over the same-sex parent thing!) but you will tear my Claussen pickles from my cold, dead, garlicky, salty fingers.

I just sent my husband to the store for a couple jars of Claussen pickles. I even drink the brine.

I know that their One Million Moms facebook page only had about 40,000 likes for a long time. lol

Heh. As of this post they have 64,601. That's way less than 1,000,000.

I was shopping for post-recital snacks for my piano students today. I made sure to buy lots of Teddy Grahams (which I'd never bought before).

:D

I just sent my husband to the store for a couple jars of Claussen pickles. I even drink the brine.

Fun fact: The brine is excellent to put on your evergreens i.e rhododendrons, azaleas, etc. If you can quit the sauce, that is.

The original ad was so sweet, but the response was even better. I'm not going to allow bigots to determine what kind of family is the right kind.

!...

Well, they'll probably be okay with Barilla pasta, although finding a morally acceptable sauce to put on it might cause some issues...

Barilla makes sauces, but I've never had them so can't verify the taste. I prefer Prego or Ragu.

I can't eat graham crackers cause of dairy, but I will happily endorse Kraft Oreos, which are totally dairy-free cookies. Thanks, Kraft. Also, loved the Handis as a child. Easy lunchbox foods. Same goes for lunchables. Wheat-thins rock too.

Thanks, One Million Moms, I am going out and buying graham crackers. I have a cheesecake to make! :D

WTF?? I liked the commercial. It portrayed the changing face of the American family. I buy a lot Honey Maid/Nabisco/Kraft products. So, fuck you OMM! Your boycott is going to fail miserably!

I love both the initial commercial and the response commercial. Now I'm in the mood for s'mores (haven't had them in years). I'm definitely going to buy some Honey Maid graham crackers.

Went to the local Publix yesterday to pick up some groceries. Dropped by the cracker isle to get some HoneyMaid (love the Teddy Graham Honeys, always take 'em on road trips). They were out of the normal flavors, and only had the 'weird ones' along with low fat. They were spread out to fill in the empty spots on the shelves.

I was shopping for post-recital snacks for my piano students today. I made sure to buy lots of Teddy Grahams (which I'd never bought before).

:D

It must have been a long day

I read that as 'post-coital' and then reread it and got 'post-rectal'

Time for bed

It must have been a long day

I read that as 'post-coital' and then reread it and got 'post-rectal'

Time for bed

:lol:

Almost every time I try to type the word "recital," I type "rectial" and have to correct it. Once I send an email with the "rectial" spelling still in the subject line to a bunch of students -- jokes ensued.

Archived