IGNORED

Time to celebrate, Abigail Maxwell finished a book! (Merge)

SPHASH

This is my take on this. They are trying to show they can actually be spontaneous and have fun. They've been called out so many times for being stiff, dull, and unimaginative. Abby finished a school book. Probably one of the paperback ones made for K-1st graders. Could be beginning math problems, penmanship, etc.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, the Maxwells do allow their children to read "real" books at the elementary level. In fact, they have a WHOLE SHELF of pre-approved children's books. I don't know what Melanie and Nathan's standards' are for reading material, but I daresay it's less strict than Teri and Steve. Heck, these people let the girls get involved in an Easter egg hunt! Maybe they let their girls read about Santa too!

Nathan has mentioned reading books other than the bible and Maxwell crap. Definitely stuff purchased from a Christian book store, and most likely boring, but still more than the "children" living at home are allowed.

I wonder if they got to celebrate with their other aunties and grandparents, the much more normal ones.

I wonder that also.

I thought it was cool they made a fuss over her reading. I would have been angry if they threw her a "Abby just mopped the entire kitchen floor herself party" or a "Abby just did her first load of laundry party".

I thought it was cool they made a fuss over her reading. I would have been angry if they threw her a "Abby just mopped the entire kitchen floor herself party" or a "Abby just did her first load of laundry party".

Thisity this this.

Celebrating reading progress or early learning maths or something is a nice; and dare I say fun, thing to do. It warms the ol' cockles to think they occasionally behave like actual people and not some human shaped shells of nothingness that Steve seems to want them to be.

I don't begrudge any Maxwell a moment of pleasure, no matter how simple. Even ol' Steve.... the world he has created through his own cramped mind has to be terrifying.

Thisity this this.

Celebrating reading progress or early learning maths or something is a nice; and dare I say fun, thing to do. It warms the ol' cockles to think they occasionally behave like actual people and not some human shaped shells of nothingness that Steve seems to want them to be.

Yes, often celebrating reading begets more reading. Says the girl who liked getting her personal pizza from Pizza Hut whenever she earned her next reading reward. Did any of you use that program?

Yes, often celebrating reading begets more reading. Says the girl who liked getting her personal pizza from Pizza Hut whenever she earned her next reading reward. Did any of you use that program?

Yep I did. I even got a button for that. I'm not against reading at all. Its just that the Maxwells have such pathetic lives.

It's not that Abigail finishing a book isn't a cause for celebration, it's that it's deemed so exciting that the rest of the world just has to know, and that the family get together for a meal and a 'special' dessert (and bible time) is exactly the same celebration they have for every single noteworthy event in their beige lives.

Haha I remember getting in trouble doing that program because when I turned the sheet in, the teacher thought I had falsified it because nobody could read that much. My mother had to step in and explain that no, it was legitimate because I pretty much spent every waking moment reading when I was a kid.

My thoughts exactly! In the pantheon of crap the Maxwells do that pisses me off, this doesn't even rate. (I'm pretty much madly in love with my nephews and can totally see myself sporting a Winnie the Pooh birthday hat on a slow night if one of them finished a workbook.)

And the post about "Eric" buying a house debt free only garnered four. Guess people are finally wising up to Steve's bullshit.

Steve chose not to post my comment (so there would have been more):

Thank you for your encouragement that young people today and still purchase a home mortgage-free. It was truly a blessing from God that He provided a home for my daughter to purchase mortgage-free. After saving 1/2 her salary for 7 years (she's an industrial electrician) she was able to purchase an undervalued house for $140,000. Three bedrooms, 2 baths, large detached garage/workshop, 1400 sf. Plenty of room for her and her son. And this house is in a suburb of Washington, DC, one of the highest property value areas in the nation. So it is possible, through God, to achieve what may seem impossible.

And my post is totally true. My daughter is so proud to be a homeowner. It's not just for sons ya know. Steve's an asshat!

One other thing about the party, even though the party was in honor of Abigail and her accomplishment, she still had to help set the table. She may have been smiling in that pic, but it looked so sad.

Steve chose not to post my comment (so there would have been more):

Thank you for your encouragement that young people today and still purchase a home mortgage-free. It was truly a blessing from God that He provided a home for my daughter to purchase mortgage-free. After saving 1/2 her salary for 7 years (she's an industrial electrician) she was able to purchase an undervalued house for $140,000. Three bedrooms, 2 baths, large detached garage/workshop, 1400 sf. Plenty of room for her and her son. And this house is in a suburb of Washington, DC, one of the highest property value areas in the nation. So it is possible, through God, to achieve what may seem impossible.

And my post is totally true. My daughter is so proud to be a homeowner. It's not just for sons ya know. Steve's an asshat!

Congrats to your daughter!! & I agree Steve is an asshat!!

I give them a pass - sort of. Good to celebrate reading books. Though I don't know wwhat other books there are for little fundies to read...

Side note, do they allow Winnie the Pooh? Noticed the hats. He's a pretty harmless character - excpet he's a glutton for honey, Piglet is likely gay, and Tigger is possessed (taking this from a bat shit commentary from my mom's old church)

I get this feeling is that Sarah is trying to give her nieces a taste of what she misses from her old life (before Steve went down the rabbit hole) - fun and laughter. She can do it under the guise of being the doting, helpful auntie so she can fly under Steve's radar. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her to live a pretty normal life with a dad who watches TV, smiles, and runs marathons who changes into...well...Steve :( I don't know if this feeling is accurate, but I think that these activities are just as important to Sarah as they are to the little girls.

I wonder if Mary was forced back into wearing that frumper or if she wore it to match the niece. BTW, that frumper didn't hide her curves.

I get this feeling is that Sarah is trying to give her nieces a taste of what she misses from her old life (before Steve went down the rabbit hole) - fun and laughter. She can do it under the guise of being the doting, helpful auntie so she can fly under Steve's radar. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her to live a pretty normal life with a dad who watches TV, smiles, and runs marathons who changes into...well...Steve :( I don't know if this feeling is accurate, but I think that these activities are just as important to Sarah as they are to the little girls.

Have to agree w/ u. Both about the changes that happened when she was young & about her nieces.

Please, please please, don't give them ideas! I can just see it now. :o

Thisity this this.

I laughed so hard my side hurts. Then I stopped laughing and felt a little sad. This is how I shall always see them now, human shaped shells of nothingness.

I laughed so hard my side hurts. Then I stopped laughing and felt a little sad. This is how I shall always see them now, human shaped shells of nothingness.

It is sad but true. The Maxwell 'children' are empty vessels. Occasionally making a bit of noise, as empty vessels are want to do, but never saying or doing anything Steve doesn't approve of and I am guessing, directs. Of course they totally want to and love their life and the way they were raised. Just ask 'em.

I would love to think that Abbey and her sisters get to have more interesting and fulfilling lives than their sad empty aunts.

Archived