IGNORED

Time to celebrate, Abigail Maxwell finished a book! (Merge)

SPHASH

The Maxwells went all out...they even donned party hats and had smoothies as a treat! Shhh don't tell Steve! Seriously though since this is all the Aunties have I'll pretend to be happy for them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess since their new book announcement went over like cat food in the jello (only 7 comments!) and doesn't seem to be attracting much attention they are back to blogging about daily life again.

I guess since their new book announcement went over like cat food in the jello (only 7 comments!) and doesn't seem to be attracting much attention they are back to blogging about daily life again.

And the post about "Eric" buying a house debt free only garnered four. Guess people are finally wising up to Steve's bullshit.

"Bethany has a cheerful countenance" UGG - Why can't they just say "Bethany is such a happy and pretty girl" or SOMETHING.

Eh, it looks like at least they had some fun. They do seem to dote on their nieces. I was pleasantly surprised by the Winnie the Pooh Hats. They look like 1st birthday party hats, maybe from Christina's birthday? Looks like one of Nathan's girls had a themed party then - further proof that they do as they please some of the time. Steve would be clutching the pearls at a themed birthday party - I love thinking about that.

That particular night, the aunts were watching the three nieces while Nathan and Melanie had a Baby appointment

Why can't they just say doctor's appointment or Melanie's checkup? Always about the babies....

And the countenance thing. :angry-banghead:

As far as the pooh hats are concerned, the Aunties probably just went to the dollar store and were like, "ooo teddy bears!." Maybe Sarah knows of pooh from the good old days, but the reversal aunties, doubt it.

By the way, Winne is quite defrauding. He has no pants!

I'm glad the girls seemed to have fun, but what a sad life that it was so exciting for Sarah, Anna, and Mary.

No offense, but I couldn't care less about my little cousins's birthday parties. I'd rather not go, and they wouldn't miss my presence. They're boys, and they're honestly too busy running around with friends to notice family. Plus, it means I stand around bored for a couple of hours and only spend 30 seconds singing happy birthday. How in the world are little kids' birthday parties so fun and interesting to the Maxwell girls?

No offense, but I couldn't care less about my little cousins's birthday parties. I'd rather not go, and they wouldn't miss my presence. They're boys, and they're honestly too busy running around with friends to notice family. Plus, it means I stand around bored for a couple of hours and only spend 30 seconds singing happy birthday. How in the world are little kids' birthday parties so fun and interesting to the Maxwell girls?

I don't know, I'd probably like it better than wiping down cabinets or ceiling fans. At least there might be cake involved. :)

I just asked my 29 year old, recently divorced daughter that had to temporarily move back home what she thought about the party. But first I had to explain the Auntie's pretty pathetic existence. First, she said, "you're lying!" I said no, she just shook her head and then busted out laughing. She cannot believe that grown people live like Maxwells. Maybe my daughter should purchase the Maxwell's latest book!

Hey Stevie, my daughter is going to see the drag queens and celebrate her divorce from a controlling, verbally abusive asshole.

Not for nothing, but does anyone ever get the feeling the Aunts aren't particularly interested in Joshua? he's the same age as Christina but never at all these get togethers and playtimes.

I thought fundies disaproved of anthropomorphosised animals?

With their parties, I don't know.

I quite enjoy going to some little cousins' birthday parties, but mainly because there is another party for the adult relatives going on at the same time - the kid birthday is just an excuse for family members to get together, and it's family members that aren't already living in the same house and sleeping in the same room 24/7/365. (Of course once kids are in school usually they want parties for their friends so the family parties kinda dry up.)

But actually participating in the kids' games only? Yeah, I don't really get that either.

I am reminded though of how as a kid my parents had to host some parties (dinner parties, that sort of thing) for official work functions. These were cocktail/dinner events, so people would stand around and mingle over drinks. We children were there, we would greet people perhaps (early), and maybe have a cup of not-yet-spiked punch, but then it was off to enjoy our "sleepover" with the babysitter. Anyway, I distinctly remember asking my mom how those parties could possibly be any fun at all, I mean, no cake! and there's NO GAMES, you just STAND AROUND, how utterly boring. My mom just laughed and said when I'm older I'd find it fun.

...she was right... :)

Abigail's smiling with her eyes again! Maybe she turns it off when Grandpa's around.

My money's on her making a break for it one day. She looks full of spunk and intelligence.

Well, it's not like they're allowed to have fun in their regular lives.

Not for nothing, but does anyone ever get the feeling the Aunts aren't particularly interested in Joshua? he's the same age as Christina but never at all these get togethers and playtimes.

I think that they're interested in Joshua and that they love him just as much as the little girls - but I always get the feeling that Nathan and Melanie are somehow more receptive to playdate invitations than Christopher and Anna are.

I'm going to assume that Christopher thinks it's too much "girly" fun for his boy so Joshua stays home to be influenced in manly activities by his dad. Plus siblings are to be bestest friends, not cousins!

Abigail's smiling with her eyes again! Maybe she turns it off when Grandpa's around.

My money's on her making a break for it one day. She looks full of spunk and intelligence.

On the other hand, Mary's smile looks so forced and sad.

I just asked my 29 year old, recently divorced daughter that had to temporarily move back home what she thought about the party. But first I had to explain the Auntie's pretty pathetic existence. First, she said, "you're lying!" I said no, she just shook her head and then busted out laughing. She cannot believe that grown people live like Maxwells. Maybe my daughter should purchase the Maxwell's latest book!

Hey Stevie, my daughter is going to see the drag queens and celebrate her divorce from a controlling, verbally abusive asshole.

Yes, but your daughter is (gasp) divorced. That's what happens when 'children' are allowed to date and mqke their own choices(besides, she should have just been more submissive). Even if she wasn't hellbound before, what with her lousy, unsheltered upbringing and all, being divorced will earn her a ticket to the hot place. And seeing as she's a sinner anyway, she may as well go and have some fun.

(Seriously though, congratulations to your daughter)

Dear Steve,

Why is it that in recent memory, I have not seen a post where the girls are with little Joshua? Between playdoh night, and the pics of all the girls with Ruthanne, there is nary a pic of Joshua with his cousins, nor with his aunts. Sure there are pics of Joshua with Ruthanne and his folks, but is there a reason why Joshua doesn't factor into the togetherness pics? And guess what? Little boys like play doh as well. Its not some 'barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen-baker in training' toy.

And Steve- wouldn't it be fun if you joined Freejinger? Think of all the psychological insights you could get for your next book!

(id send this to them, but as Steve-o reads here, I don't have to bother with posting there)

Dear Steve,

Why is it that in recent memory, I have not seen a post where the girls are with little Joshua? Between playdoh night, and the pics of all the girls with Ruthanne, there is nary a pic of Joshua with his cousins, nor with his aunts. Sure there are pics of Joshua with Ruthanne and his folks, but is there a reason why Joshua doesn't factor into the togetherness pics? And guess what? Little boys like play doh as well. Its not some 'barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen-baker in training' toy.

And Steve- wouldn't it be fun if you joined Freejinger? Think of all the psychological insights you could get for your next book!

(id send this to them, but as Steve-o reads here, I don't have to bother with posting there)

Someone did ask about Joshua coming over to play, and Steve gave a pretty terse answer saying Joshua gets his opportunities or something like that. I'm guessing Chris and NR Anna don't want his playdates plastered on the blog.

I think that they're interested in Joshua and that they love him just as much as the little girls - but I always get the feeling that Nathan and Melanie are somehow more receptive to playdate invitations than Christopher and Anna are.

Or the Aunties/Steve feel like N&M's children are more of a "project" because they have the outside influence of M's family. Maybe C&A can be trusted more, in Steve's sad, delusional mind.

Why don't we see the Uncles with the nieces? Or even with Joshua? Perhaps this isn't f-n, but just another 'training in being a helpmeet' opportunity?

Archived