IGNORED

How rapist priests are created/PCC Scandal (Merge)

doggie

:wtf: :o :cray-cray:

*Surely* if she was found beaten, bound and bleeding even a fundie/lite college should be no question that her "purity" was stolen from her forcibly, not in any way "given". And even if they believed that didn't matter, why didn't boyfriend get expelled for "fornicating" as well, even if there is apparently no difference between that and violent, brutal rape?

Of course they blame her. Have you heard of Tina Anderson? And there are plenty more examples, just not so well-known. This happens a lot more often than most people could or would want to imagine. It is *always* the woman's fault. Always. SHE is the temptress. She is the one who behaved immodestly, dressed immodestly, led the man on, caused the impure thoughts, etc. Blame simply does not attach itself to the man because he is an innocent led astray.

eta: link http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNe ... d=10806348

PCC is a cult. It's not even accredited. Why do fundie send there kids here? And blaming the woman for being rape? How is it her fault? The guy needs to be arrested, charge and the administration should be investigated. I hope this woman gets counseling.

This isn't even a fundie belief though. Women are constantly blamed for being raped in mainstream culture as well.

This isn't even a fundie belief though. Women are constantly blamed for being raped in mainstream culture as well.

This is true. I think the fundie spin on it is maybe worse though, because it's all twisted up in doctrine. So in the real world, a woman may be blamed, but in fundie-land she is blamed and spiritually shamed. If she drinks the kool-aid, she may believe her eternal soul is doomed because she's been raped. It's fucking nuts.

Of course they blame her. Have you heard of Tina Anderson? And there are plenty more examples, just not so well-known. This happens a lot more often than most people could or would want to imagine. It is *always* the woman's fault. Always. SHE is the temptress. She is the one who behaved immodestly, dressed immodestly, led the man on, caused the impure thoughts, etc. Blame simply does not attach itself to the man because he is an innocent led astray.

eta: link http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNe ... d=10806348

Yes I am fully aware of Tina Anderson and others like her, but it continues to boggle my mind that a girl found *tied up* and brutally beaten is still blamed, even though I'm acutely aware that in a rape case the victim is always on trial. As I've said in other threads some of these people would victim blame Maria Goretti.

It's not directly connected to this but I've always thought (as have others) that the reason so many men have "gay panic" is partly because for once they feel like they could be sexual victims (sine most would deny the possibility of female rape of a male).

Yes I am fully aware of Tina Anderson and others like her, but it continues to boggle my mind that a girl found *tied up* and brutally beaten is still blamed, even though I'm acutely aware that in a rape case the victim is always on trial. As I've said in other threads some of these people would victim blame Maria Goretti.

It's not directly connected to this but I've always thought (as have others) that the reason so many men have "gay panic" is partly because for once they feel like they could be sexual victims (sine most would deny the possibility of female rape of a male).

I apologize for not clarifying that my tone was not intended to be snotty towards you.

But it was absolutely meant to be rude and sneering towards the fuckwits who consistently do this over and over again without any real consequences.

The media and society at large do tend to participate in victim blaming, and rape culture is a very real thing. But fundies take it several steps further by not just blaming but punishing. It's vicious and cruel.

If she reported this to the police as the article states then the police should be taken to task as well as PCC. I'm assuming she was from out of the area/out of state and the follow up just didn't happen. This should be on the local news in Pensacola.

If my daughter was raped, I wouldn't bother with the police. I'd track the fucker down and kill him myself. I'm so goddamned sick and tired of rapists walking.

Years ago a guy drugged me and tried to rape me. My BFF's boyfriend and some other guys got him off of me, beat the shit of him, called the police, then my parents. Luckily for the SOB the cops go there before my dad. He brought his gun ready to shoot the SOB. My dad isn't a mean abusive person. But if somebody assaulted his daughters …well, you know...

If she reported this to the police as the article states then the police should be taken to task as well as PCC. I'm assuming she was from out of the area/out of state and the follow up just didn't happen. This should be on the local news in Pensacola.

Like the military, the criminal justice system keeps hands off. I never understood why colleges and universities are given the right to decide on sexual assault cases that happen on campuses, and sometimes off. All it takes is being popular enough and you'll walk, or blame the girl for being the campus whore, and she was asking for it and the rapist still walks.

This quote from the article has been just haunting me all weekend: "At the end of their meeting, the dean of women looked at Whitney and said that she was a “dirty vessel, and God can’t use a dirty vessel. He is done with you.†She was expelled that afternoon, and tried to commit suicide twice in the following month."

It just takes my breath away how *unchristian* that quote is. And I don't just mean insanely, vindictively cruel, I mean actively heretical. Jesus worked through tax collectors, and prostitutes, and the people no one else would associate with. That dean should be... well, a lot of things, but at least thrown out of her church for a fundamental heresy against Christian teachings.

(For someone who's otherwise the World's Laziest Agnostic, I seem to have Feelings about heresy a lot, and a lot of FJ's fundies trigger them. I don't know whether that's to my mainstream Presbyterian confirmation class' credit or discredit.)

Archived