IGNORED

How rapist priests are created/PCC Scandal (Merge)

doggie

This is nothing new but we get to see what happens to the rapist in the long run.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivis ... -violence/

At Pensacola Christian College (PCC), a fundamentalist school similar in ideology and purpose to Bob Jones University and Patrick Henry College, there is a saying: “attending PCC is a privilege, not a right.†Students who attend here agree to abide by the Pathway, the school’s honor code, as well as signing an agreement that gives PCC the right to expel any student for any reason at any time.

When Beth* and David* signed this agreement, they had no idea they were going to be expelled for being raped.

Beth started attending PCC in September 2002 and almost instantly hit it off with a young man in her English class. He was on the “Praise Team,†one of the college’s PR efforts, and charmed everyone he met. He was friends with her brother, well-liked by her father, and by April they were “courting.†Beth innocently thought she had found the man she would spend the rest of her life with.

One night in May, however, she was grabbed, dragged into a construction area, beaten, restrained with bungee cord and duct tape, and then raped. As he was leaving her there, she recognized him as her boyfriend. A campus security guard discovered her, still restrained with the cord and tape, and took her to the campus clinic to file a report. In the next 24 hours, she went to the hospital, reported her attack to the police, and stayed the night with her parents. However, when she arrived back on campus with a black eye and a broken arm, her family was confronted by the dean of women and told that Beth was being expelled “because she is a fornicator.â€

PCC took no action against Beth’s boyfriend. He graduated with honors and is now a pastor.

:wtf: :o :cray-cray:

*Surely* if she was found beaten, bound and bleeding even a fundie/lite college should be no question that her "purity" was stolen from her forcibly, not in any way "given". And even if they believed that didn't matter, why didn't boyfriend get expelled for "fornicating" as well, even if there is apparently no difference between that and violent, brutal rape?

All I can say is that she needs to sue the shit out of the school, regardless of what she signed. Even if she loses, or the case gets thrown out, it will at least make other people think twice about attending, or sending their kids there. If the school gets hit in the pocket, they might, ah, "revise" their policy concerning sexual assault and abuse. Absolutely horrible.

This is nothing new but we get to see what happens to the rapist in the long run.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivis ... -violence/

At Pensacola Christian College (PCC), a fundamentalist school similar in ideology and purpose to Bob Jones University and Patrick Henry College, there is a saying: “attending PCC is a privilege, not a right.†Students who attend here agree to abide by the Pathway, the school’s honor code, as well as signing an agreement that gives PCC the right to expel any student for any reason at any time.

When Beth* and David* signed this agreement, they had no idea they were going to be expelled for being raped.

Beth started attending PCC in September 2002 and almost instantly hit it off with a young man in her English class. He was on the “Praise Team,†one of the college’s PR efforts, and charmed everyone he met. He was friends with her brother, well-liked by her father, and by April they were “courting.†Beth innocently thought she had found the man she would spend the rest of her life with.

One night in May, however, she was grabbed, dragged into a construction area, beaten, restrained with bungee cord and duct tape, and then raped. As he was leaving her there, she recognized him as her boyfriend. A campus security guard discovered her, still restrained with the cord and tape, and took her to the campus clinic to file a report. In the next 24 hours, she went to the hospital, reported her attack to the police, and stayed the night with her parents. However, when she arrived back on campus with a black eye and a broken arm, her family was confronted by the dean of women and told that Beth was being expelled “because she is a fornicator.â€

PCC took no action against Beth’s boyfriend. He graduated with honors and is now a pastor.

Fucking Fundies... if they would have, they'd have killed her as an honor killing. Instead they expelled her with with an "honor expulsion." They are no different from the fundie sects of other religions who kill rape victims around the world.

Fucking fucking fundies.

I know the campus took no action against the boyfriend, but what about the cops?

OMFG WTH??? These schools need to be brought down and held accountable for things like this!

I my child was "abused" in any way, I would file a complaint with the Police, not the school.

I hope the lady received the proper care and was able to recover.

I my child was "abused" in any way, I would file a complaint with the Police, not the school.

I hope the lady received the proper care and was able to recover.

being in a fundy family it is doubtful they could very well blame her too.

PCC is a cult. It's not even accredited. Why do fundie send there kids here? And blaming the woman for being rape? How is it her fault? The guy needs to be arrested, charge and the administration should be investigated. I hope this woman gets counseling.

This is the advice my sister has given to her daughters.

PCC is a cult. It's not even accredited. Why do fundie send there kids here? And blaming the woman for being rape? How is it her fault? The guy needs to be arrested, charge and the administration should be investigated. I hope this woman gets counseling.

The main purpose of places like PCC and BJU is to perpetuate the IFB subculture. That's it. You don't learn critical thinking skills, you don't learn about the wider world, all you do is learn how to be IFB. The fact that the school is unaccredited helps to keep people in the cult, because the only people who value a degree from these worthless institutions are other IFB members, as they are not recognized in any other context.

If my daughter was raped, I wouldn't bother with the police. I'd track the fucker down and kill him myself. I'm so goddamned sick and tired of rapists walking.

If my daughter was raped, I wouldn't bother with the police. I'd track the fucker down and kill him myself. I'm so goddamned sick and tired of rapists walking.

The same is true for me. Sure, I'd probably end up in prison, but to get a rapist off this planet would be worth it to me.

So who is David? Was he also raped? Is his a different story?

Or was David the boy friend? Did nothing happen to him?

Edited because I clicked the link. Beth and David are two different stories. Both are hard to believe. How can rational human beings think that way?

So who is David? Was he also raped? Is his a different story?

Or was David the boy friend? Did nothing happen to him?

The whole article wasn't copy-pasted into the original post, David's story is included in the full article if you go to the link. His story is just as horrifying, he was gang-raped by his roommates and the school called him a liar when he reported it.

Did anyone see anything about this? What is it with all these fundamentalist organizations being outed on sex abuse scandals all of a sudden? Sickening:

patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2014/03/11/guest-post-god-is-done-with-you-pensacola-christian-college-and-sexual-violence/

My first thought was this is just like the Middle East. Blame the victim. Find some rule they broke and go from there. Always value rules above people. This authoritarian, patriarchal stuff really does damage! And everytime I try to explain it to more conservative religious people it seems to ring hollow. I am glad this stuff is finally being exposed.

The best (and by 'best' I mean worst) ia the way the just flat out deny any possibility of the stories being true.

stufffundieslike.com/2014/03/public-relations-disasters/

My parents wanted me to go to PCC, but I was already done drinking the kool-aid. I'm so glad I didn't end up there.

My parents wanted me to go to PCC, but I was already done drinking the kool-aid. I'm so glad I didn't end up there.

I'm happy for you, Lemonhead.

Archived